Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hi Oldman,

Not so easy to make a transformed semi-auto reliably work, and with heavy bullets can be worse. You can find real good steel BAR in 338Winch mag, some of them where transformed in bigger magnum calibers like 416 Taylor or even 458. lots of time and works! But in Africa semi-auto hunting rifles are banned in most if not all countries!
If i had to play with a semi would surely goes to a steel BAR or HK/Merkel one rather than Benelli.

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldman1942

NO RSMs, they aren't making them anymore. EOS

EOS??? not hardly....
RSMs

All Models:
Stock Finish Material Sights Length of Pull Grooves
Circassian Walnut Blued Alloy Steel Express 13.50" 6
Model Options:
Cat. # Mod. # Caliber Cap. Barrel
Length Overall
Length Weight Twist Sug.
Retail Spec
Sheet
M77RSM MKII 7501 .375 H&H 4 23.00" 44.00" 10.00 lbs. 1:12" RH $2404.00
M77RSML MKII 7505 .416 Rigby 3 23.00" 44.00" 9.50 lbs. 1:14" RH $2404.00
M77RSM MKII 7512 .458 Lott 3 23.00" 44.00" 9.75 lbs. 1:14" RH $2404.00

jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Marseille
Paddler,

The Argentine Mauser is one of the best to buid an DG or big caliber rifle. Have look at dorleac-dorleac.com
Can find some good ideas.
Dom

I know. I bought the actions a long time ago, with thoughts of building a 7X57 and a 257 Roberts on them. The 1909 won't accomodate the 375 H&H, though. Maybe a 35 Whelen and one of the ohter two mentioned above. As I said, Africa is probably not on my list, so I don't have to have a 375. But I sure would like one. smile I alos have an original complete Argentine 1909 rifle.

Just trying to get some focus in my rifle collection. I have a few Remington Classics from when they produced a different caliber each year. I'd like to replace them with Mauser actioned guns. The 1909 is, IMO, one of the finest actions to build a custom on. I guess the question is, how big can I go with one?

I really just need the action barreled, the wing safety, scope mounts, etc. I don't feel the need for truing the action, lapping lugs, etc, as these actions are so good. I shot an 5 shot, 1.25" group with iron sites with a 150 grain Sierra bullet at 3003FPS with that rifle. Who does that kind of work here in the US?

Last edited by Paddler; 03/21/10.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poor Jorge, he keeps quoting a site that is history.

The current Ruger site does not list them nor do any major wholesalers indicate they can get a new one from the factory.

Try googling Ruger rifles. It will take you here.

http://www.ruger.com/

click on bolt action rifles and show me the RSM.....(GRIN) Just KILLING you that I got one at such a good price and you don't. (LAFFIN)

Then click on African: you'll get this:

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77HawkeyeAfrican/index.html

One thing you gotta love about the brat pack they are all the same (see below)

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
[Linked Image] [/img]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look stupid, if you go to The Ruger site you have linked on your sorry-assed and EMBARRRASING post and then go "bolt actions" scroll down to where it says M77 MKII under "magnum" (right under "target") you can link to the the RSMs. THERE IS NO LINK THAT SAYS RSM it's UNDDER "MAGNUM"...STUPID:

M77� Mark II

Target

Magnum

Life is tough enough, but a lot tougher if you're stupid. Hope you haven't procreated, we have enough retards to go around as it is. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Don't know where you dug up that Ruger website but this is the current one:

http://www.ruger.com/ no 375 H&Hs only Hawkeyes in 375 Ruger.

That is the same site.

Go to Bolt Action Rilfes at the top left and then down to M77 Mark II

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike: do you all know the expression "shallow end of the gene pool" Down Under? That's where Oldman hangs out, his microcephalic brain completely starved of oxygen...jorge

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Mike: do you all know the expression "shallow end of the gene pool" Down Under? That's where Oldman hangs out, his microcephalic brain completely starved of oxygen...jorge

Jorge,

I guess he is a troll like you have all being saying. If he is not a troll he needs to see a doctor.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Look stupid, if you go to The Ruger site you have linked on your sorry-assed and EMBARRRASING post and then go "bolt actions" scroll down to where it says M77 MKII under "magnum" (right under "target") you can link to the the RSMs. THERE IS NO LINK THAT SAYS RSM it's UNDDER "MAGNUM"...STUPID:

M77� Mark II

Target

Magnum

Life is tough enough, but a lot tougher if you're stupid. Hope you haven't procreated, we have enough retards to go around as it is. jorge

+100

That link works for me as well.. No problem pulling up the MarkII magnums

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well let's see if he has the balls to show his face after just pegging the needle on the BUFFOON-O-METER LOL! jorge

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well let's see if he has the balls to show his face after just pegging the needle on the BUFFOON-O-METER LOL! jorge

Jorge..

Oh, he may post here again, but he WILL NOT admit his mistake...

He cannot be tought anything new because he "knows it all", even when he is PROVEN wrong..

Read this thread-

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3918263/1

The more he posts here, the more he acts like "Lee24"..

Last edited by jim62; 03/21/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jorge, thanks for that.

"Laffin."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
On the subject of Kimber Caprivi (and probably the big Ruger) in Australia, America might be the same, it is very hard to equal those rifles for the same cost by customising a cheaper rifle, assuming you start with a new action or new rifle.

Even if you get the blank for nothing the stock making is expensive.

If you took an M70 375 as the starting point what would itwould it cost in America to restock, get metal work up to the level of the Kimber Caprivi and add barrel band front sight.

But if comparing tosomething like Dakota or Wby Safari then things get different. A Wby Safari would be about $8000-$9000 with wood upgrade and I think Dakota would be similar and both are $6000US plus for the standard gun.

But overall, if the Kimber QC problems are over reported or if they don't apply to the Caprive then it is a good deal for a nice 375.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike: I "hounded" Ruger when they started to advertise this rifle way back in the early 90s. In fact I even have one of the first ones to come out and as you can see it has the 24" barrel and front swive on the stock. I had the action tuned up and the metal recoil plate bedded by Mark Penrod. It is unbelievably accurate. I've shot two buffalo with it. Mine and my friend's as a back up shot when he tried to get up and charge us. jorge

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you all for you kind and courteous way of pointing out my error. Gentlemen always are easily identified.

Still seems no wholesalers have them. They still cost a lot less (even at MSRP) than the Kimber. Mine only cost $1200 with two scratches in the stock and a lot nicer wood than any current Ruger. Several on Gunsamerica are also a lot less that the Kimber.

Kimbers are nice, I have an 84 NRA in 333 F, but $2 grand difference is a lot of money to have a Kimber with their spotty reputation (try the search function)

Do keep up the good work!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Laffin'

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laugh away.... you own none of either. pompous AZZ!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We are laughing, at you! Look man, when you insisted, on more than one ocassion the RSMs were no longer being made, all I did the first time was put up a link to the Ruger site. The SECOND time you posted the same BS all I said was :
"EOS??? not hardly...." I don't think that qualifies as rude by any means. Then you come back with your "poor jorge"garbage in a weak attempt at ridiculing me. Well guess what dipshit, you've embarrased yourself again. RSMs are available and you were wrong...again. jorge

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What does EOS mean?

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,198
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.