Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Who feels this is acceptable? Would you pay $1,000+ for it?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's not to expect. What Has the Manufacture said, maybe it slipped thru and they will make it right??

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The mfg. has yet to say a thing, but I intend to get a refund.

You don't let this crap 'Slip thru' to people expecting the quality that SHOULD be machined into a custom action and the price that accompanies.....BENCH REST quality/company actions.

There is another thread below on this but I wanted people to see it for themselves and chime in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is so obvious visually that the fact that it got through final inspection is astonishing and unacceptable.

Bet your heart sank when you saw that after opening the box and expecting to be thrilled!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep, but life goes on. When I get burned once, I find it hard to open my wallet a 2nd time, we will see.

If this was not acceptable by the mfg. and was not there, and the spot on the lettering of the action name, then yes, I would have been thrilled and likely bought more actions.

How it's handled will be interesting, but it put a real bad taste in my mouth. Based on some posts, one might think others expect less, and I too much? That's why I wanted others to see before they judge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad you guys don't have real problems.........

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LOL, Roads, sorry to make an issue out of this, but perhaps others will be spared the headache. I don't wish bad on anyone, but whoever let this action out the shop did not quite feel the same as I do.

You know, my boss was not happy I arrived a little late the day I p/u the action after lunch. Now I have to take more of my working hours to deal with this, and I never asked for the headache, simply gave the distributor my visa for what I thought was a first rate BR quality action from a co. that makes BR actions.

I see a value in forum posters sharing factual experiences to make others aware of pitfalls to prevent them from doing the same, whether they agree or disagree with my sentiments. I take value in what others share on the board to make sure I spend my money wisely.

Roads, best wishes in what you are going thru.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
65BR I agree with you. That is unacceptable. Make it right or not. For a custom action that should never have shipped. I would want my money back also. Good luck. Tom.

West By God Virginia
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
What makes it unacceptable, in my opinion, is that you will have to remove a good deal of material in the feedramp in order to get those burrs smoothed down. That will likely increase the tolerances inside the action by altering the dimensions of the feed ramp. The whole reason to go with a custom action is tight tolerances, fit and finish. If they aren't like a Swiss watch, you're better off buying and building on a Rem 700.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dude...

Two separate threads?

Let...it... go... crazy

We GET it. You're pissed. We know....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...3937101/1/My_new_factory_custom_action_w

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Coldbore.....you got that right.....I work my ass off for my paycheck.....and paid my money for what I was told was THE BEST in QC........and got [bleep].

Hope you are luckier than I.

P.S. The BORDEN action I rec'd the same day is FLAWLESS smile

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 65BR
........and got [bleep].

NO, you didn't.

You got one bad example, that everybody, including Borden, will eventually let slip by.

They are making it right.

So how did you "get [bleep]" here?

A little inconvenience, but I'm sure that you'll have a perfectly good action, at no more cost to you. That's hardly being [bleep].

Gonna put it in a McMillan? How many posts have been on here about poor inletting, wrong barrel channels, etc, etc, yet they are the darling of the crowd here. And the "excuse" often heard from the guys here when something is wrong? "Don't worry, they'll take care of it". Good stock with good service when hiccups happen. And guys continue to fall over themselves to buy them. You have one bad example of an action, and you want everybody to join in on condemning them for life?

I'd hate to see it if you ever run up against a serious problem in life....

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a shame. I don't think it's acceptable and would be interested in the outcome.

Now I don't know much about custom actions but, could this area be left high and a little unfinished on purpose? With the wide variaty of cartridges that could be used in the action maybe they want the ramp contoured by the barrel smith. I don't know, it's just a thought.

Let us know what they say.

Terry

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Coldbore, NO sir, wrong there my friend, I had NO plans to put it in a McMillan. Your point is taken.

But I refuse to be taken for a fool by spending my hard earned cash for what should have been scrapped before it left the door, or FINISHED RIGHT.

The action is for sale in the classifieds for whoever thinks its acceptable and I am done on the topic.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I will buy it. Check classifieds....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have scanned the thread and can't find the maker's name. Who built it? Also, the marks look like inculsions within the steel rather than machine marks. Should have been caught regardless.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They are tooling marks, camera angle may not show well enough, but is obviously tooling marks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
65's point is well made, you pay big bucks for an action that is not mass produced and you still get mass produced quality. Not only big bucks but I bet a long wait to. While I am sure the manufacture will in the end make it right it does not excuse such an outragous slip in QC. I would be pissed too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This whole thing with the multiple posts and now the classified has taken a turn from a mildly understandable e-version of road rage to absolutely [bleep] absurd and ostentatious.

65BR, this will be one of those things, when you eventually back away from the crack pipe, that you'll look back on and say "man, I was an irrational dumb @ss".......

I hope the manufacturer contacts you before the men with the straight jacket show up to fetch you. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,682
Posts18,513,435
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.