Hey guys, I am over it, REALLY, and fine. I am sure BAT normally builds great actions, but I got unlucky. Eddy, all I have to say on the car analogy, is hey, I have bought USED cars at USED prices w/known 'cosmetic' issues.

When you buy a 'NEW' CUSTOM action, not only do you want PRECISION and TIGHT TOLERANCES thru OUT, but you expect the best in finishing INSIDE and OUT. I was VERY impressed when I bought my first Sako, a Pre-Garcia L579, as when I took it out the stock, BELOW the stockline finishing on the action was just as nice as what is visible when assembled. On the other hand, my Winchester's were NOT as well finished. THAT was cosmetic, hidden by the stock, and the M70 was less money, and I was ok with it, though somewhat turned off. As ANY product's price point rises, a consumer's EXPECTATIONS also rise, in perceived and real quality. NOBODY expects to buy a 50-100K+ BMW, Mercedes, Lambo, Porshe, Ferrari, etc. with ANY flaw ANYWHERE. They are 'top tier' names in their industry. Now if you bought a Yugo, or Hyundai, you might would expect a small 'cosmetic' flaw, even if you knew on the front end it would or would not affect it's function. A blatant flaw in a top tier brand no matter how small, where it's located, just very well might cast a shadow of doubt on the overall quality and performance of the product. It's subjective. Price/value, expectations on QC are subjective and do vary. Just MAYBE MY expectations are higher than some out there, or maybe my hard earned dollars are not as easy to come by as others, maybe others have more time on their hands to wait for a mfg. to correct what should not have been done wrong the first time. I will NEVER believe that somebody at BAT did not KNOW that issue existed when it shipped and that they allowed knowingly to let it go out the door. THAT person apparently had less appreciation and respect for the future buyer/owner of that action, and for the dollars they spent for it. THAT Irks me. Maybe that person who did final inspection has LESS expectations of acceptable QC that I do, OR maybe they somehow, and I really cannot imagine HOW, just did not see the issue, but I HIGHLY doubt that. IF they DID miss it, THAT would also REALLY cause me to lose confidence in what else they are not paying attention to. Either way, it happened, and it was not ok with me, even though it was to someone who let it ship. I really don't care How, Why, or Who, but it MATTERED that I got something that was NOT up to MY standards and the build had to be halted. The timeline that I got really pissed, was an email that was sub-par IMHO, 3 days after the fact, when a phone call would have ended my concern and perhaps a resolution would have been agreed upon.

There is not a CUSTOM ACTION MFG I know, BAT included that truly wants anything other than an action that at LEAST LOOKS high quality, let alone, function, and ultimately SHOOT Lights out if all components are top notch and put together by a good smith.

Again, I am just fine, blood pressure just fine now. I wish BAT the best going forward and agree w/above, if anything they will likely give an extra 'look over' before things ship.

Believe me guys, I really WISH I had rec'd a NICE BAT as I was putting a build together pronto. Instead, I now have another action that meets my inspection, a nice bbl, a stock, Jewell, and mounts that is slated to go to a smith next week. Time was not on BAT's side for this build to happen, so my entire plans to use an action that was shipped in days from the distributor, had to be scratched if I was to complete the build on MY time table.

SKane, I contacted the mfg. immediately and really expected and hoped for a fast response and a speedy resolution. I rec'd neither, so YES, for ME, I DID handle it just fine. I changed course and will use my nice Borden action to complete my build. Again, America is a FREE country...today, and I was FREE to CHOOSE what to do with it, just as those I contacted were free to choose how to deal with my complaint. I never set out to buy a headache, wait 3 days to receive a less than hoped for reply so I could tip over the boiling point, and then have to sell the action. But it happened, I dealt with it on MY terms since the mfg. was not offering something that made me happy, and the situation is over.

It is unfortunate for all that things did not go 'as expected' from the moment I ordered that action, but Slg888 will likely have a nice rifle in the end, and so will I. Maybe we can have a shoot off!

What you say Stoney? LOL.

You guys have a great day. Wish all of you well in every way, inc. your future purchases whatever they may be, truly.