Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
That's the problem with McCain. You can't help feel strongly about his service, sacrifice, and the cajones he exhibited during that time. He did fight for some good things in the Senate but his negatives in the last 3 terms or so have negated all that... what a waste and shame.

He did not fight for his own people. he had been asked to help support the ranchers and residences on the border for their security. He blew them off, considered them expendable casualties, He's culpable.

Vote them all out!

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this is infuriating!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty rank out here, already,.....

GTC

High wind and fire warning issued for Southern Arizona

Brian J. Pedersen Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:11 am

A high wind warning is in effect for Southern Arizona from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today in advance of a storm that is projected to bring some rain and cause a massive drop in area temperatures, the National Weather Service said.

The high wind warning is for areas below 5,500 feet, where sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph and gusts of 45 mph are expected today, the weather service said.

Gusts of up to 60 mph could hit mountain areas in Southern Arizona, the weather service said.

Those winds have also prompted the region to be placed on a red flag fire warning during the same time period.

Today�s highs are expected to be in the low- to mid-80s, while on Thursday and Friday the highs will drop to the mid-60s, according to the weather service.

Rain on Thursday could turn into snow in areas above 4,000 during the evening, the weather service said.

Contact reporter Brian J. Pedersen at bjpazstarnet.com or call 573-4224.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been a life long McCain supporter, BUT I think that is about to change this year. I don't have enough time or space here to explain what I think and feel about this country of ours. For the first time in 42 years on this planet I am nervous about the future and freedoms. As well as most everyone I know is MAD and Nervous. We better take the opportunity to make the required changes BEFORE we no longer have the opportunity!! I don't know if the majority of the American public is REALLY aware of the precarious position we are in?? We need to get rid of so many viruses in Washington and start to get back to some of the values that we were founded upon. I know it is 2010 and everything changes and some things may no longer apply, but everyone knows what I mean. Come on folks start talking to people about what makes sense and what changes nedd to start happening NOW. My rant is over.

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 03/31/10.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
I have been a life long McCain supporter, BUT I think that is about to change this year. I don't have enough time or space here to explain what I think and feel about this country of ours. For the first time in 42 years on this planet I am nervous about the future and freedoms. As well as most everyone I know is MAD and Nervous. We better take the opportunity to make the required changes BEFORE we no longer have the opportunity!! I don't know if the majority of the American public is REALLY aware of the precarious position we are in?? We need to get rid of so many viruses in Washington and start to get back to some of the values that we were founded upon. I know it is 2010 and everything changes and some things may no longer apply, but everyone knows what I mean. Come on folks start talking to people about what makes sense and what changes nedd to start happening NOW. My rant is over.

Sir, You seem to sum up a large portion of the Tea Party movement. So many have pretty much assumed it just could not get to this point, as the chipping away went on. This president and congress has decided to take a bigger bite that is above the normal radar and it has gotten the sincere attention of folks they likely would rather not have woken up.

Even some "Moderates" who just hate to make decisions are getting off of the fence that has cut off the circulation to their nuts for so long.

It seems this current pain from the bite of hussein/pelosi/reid, etc. has become enough to wake some deep sleepers.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B2

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
CTG
If not for the Campfire and the posts I don't think I would have heard a thing about what has been going on by the border. You just don't hear about it in Illinois. Chicago and Cook County are "amnesty" areas where the police are PROHIBITED from asking if someone is in the country legally or reporting them to ICE if they are illegal.
I will send the story to a couple of the local talk radio guys. Maybe they will spread the word. The people I talk to have no idea what's going on.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree, I just hope poeple do more than just wake up. We better start taking action now or our kids, grandkids and for countless generations to follow will be paying for the last 30 years of bad decisions. We can no longer afford to be a mindless bowl of jello.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
That's the problem with McCain. You can't help feel strongly about his service, sacrifice, and the cajones he exhibited during that time. He did fight for some good things in the Senate but his negatives in the last 3 terms or so have negated all that... what a waste and shame.

He did not fight for his own people. he had been asked to help support the ranchers and residences on the border for their security. He blew them off, considered them expendable casualties, He's culpable.

Vote them all out!

Kent

McCain has not done one positive thing for America since his POW days. Period.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am starting to come around to that same conclusion............

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is from our local rag. I know the young man who wrote this article, from some recent adventures he covered. It's interesting to see the shift in focal plane taking place. Questions that we had all immediately asked one another now appearing in print, e.g.,

"phone transmission ......... but all Phil Krentz could understand were the words �illegal alien� and �hurt.�
.... or that he caught up to someone and that now (Robert Krentz) was injured.�

"....Border Patrol has said that eight drug smugglers were apprehended Friday night as they were crossing the Krentz ranch."

My sincerist compliments to Derek, and his editor for DARING to make these observations,......and open the door to this having perhaps an act of "Retaliation"

Rob Krentz couldn't tell us,...or his dog.

I for one would bet on it.

GTC

By Derek Jordan
Herald/Review

SIERRA VISTA � The east edge of Cochise County, including the area where a local rancher was killed, has seen in increase in illegal immigrant activity in the past year, Cochise County Sheriff�s Office officials say.

In an area stretching from Douglas in the south to San Simon in the north, authorities say the type and volume of burglaries indicates an increase in illegal immigrant traffic. Burglary cases include the Feb. 8 report of the theft of $100 in food from a home on Skeleton Canyon Road. And the Feb. 20 report of clothing stolen from a home on Owl Butte Trail. Cases in which people peer inside windows and then run when they�re seen or enter a home and track in mud but take nothing.

Similarities in the cases point toward illegal immigrants being responsible, said Carol Capas, spokeswoman for the sheriff�s office.

�Items that are stolen are specifically food and clothing,� she said. �For the most part, the residents have not been home for some time, or it�s a second home that they have in the area.�

There is a �direct relationship� between these cases and the increasing amount of illegal immigrants coming into the country by way of that area, Capas said.

Robert Krentz was found shot dead Saturday on his 35,000-acre ranch between Douglas and Apache. Krentz, 58, was believed to have been killed by an illegal immigrant.

According to the sheriff�s office, Krentz�s brother, Phil Krentz, reported receiving a radio phone transmission from his brother between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Saturday morning, but all Phil Krentz could understand were the words �illegal alien� and �hurt.�

Asked if during the course of the investigation the possible meaning of these words had become clear, Capas said, �We are not going to speculate on that.� She added �There is no way for us to know whether or not that means he caught up to someone who was injured or that he caught up to someone and that now (Robert Krentz) was injured.�

Phil Krentz was to meet with his brother at another area of the ranch at noon later that day. When the time came and went and Robert Krentz was nowhere to be found, family and friends organized a search for him but were unsuccessful and contacted the sheriff�s office at 6:20 p.m. The sheriff�s was joined by ground and air support from the U.S. Border Patrol and the Department of Public Safety.

The body was found, along with his dog, in his all-terrain vehicle shortly before midnight.

Investigators followed the tracks of the vehicle approximately 1,000 feet back to where they determined Krentz came upon an individual. Krentz was apparently shot while in the vehicle.

Foot tracks at the scene were followed by a number of tracking teams until the Mexico border, about 20 miles south. No one had been apprehended for the death of Krentz as of Tuesday.

As the investigation continues, authorities are releasing few details, including any possible connection to an incident involving a gun that occurred within 24 hours of Krentz�s death. Sheriff Larry Dever mentioned the incident during a press conference on Monday. �They�re not willing to discuss that any further,� Capas said.

Separately, Border Patrol has said that eight drug smugglers were apprehended Friday night as they were crossing the Krentz ranch. The smugglers and 290 pounds of marijuana were taken into custody by border agents.

Several officials have called for an increased federal presence at the border.

On Monday, Gov. Jan Brewer renewed her call for National Guard soldiers to be deployed to the border. Also Monday, Sen. John McCain sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano calling for Guard troops on the border.

On Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords made a similar request when she sent a letter to President Barack Obama and Napolitano. �I urge you to take bold and immediate action to protect our citizens by deploying the National Guard to our southern border,� she wrote.

Giffords also asked that more Border Patrol agents, particularly horseback units, be sent to the border and that a forward operating base, a rural outpost for Border Patrol agents, be established between Douglas and the New Mexico border.

Giffords to visit

U.S. Rep. Gabriel Giffords has called a meeting with ranchers today in Apache to discuss safety issues regarding illegal immigrant and drug smuggling traffic across their lands. The meeting
will begin at 6 p.m. at Apache Elementary School on Skeleton Canyon Road northeast of Douglas, Giffords� office said.

Reward offered

The Arizona Cattle Growers� Association is offering a $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of rancher Robert Krentz�s killer and has set up a memorial fund at Wells Fargo Bank to help Krentz�s family.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/10.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EWY
CTG
If not for the Campfire and the posts I don't think I would have heard a thing about what has been going on by the border. You just don't hear about it in Illinois. Chicago and Cook County are "amnesty" areas where the police are PROHIBITED from asking if someone is in the country legally or reporting them to ICE if they are illegal.
I will send the story to a couple of the local talk radio guys. Maybe they will spread the word. The people I talk to have no idea what's going on.

Ernie

I appreciate your commnent, Ernie. It's nice to know one's not some "Voice crying in a wilderness"

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya know, everyboby is having this big knee jerk reaction to this, like meetings being conducted about safety, illeagals, etc..........This crap has been going on for years now.......you can have all of the politicians have all of the meetings they want to and it ain't gonna change a thing except to dupe the state and country into thinking it is being attended to. Bull Butter! This BSing of america has to stop. We need to secure the border now. I am not worried about pizzing Mexico off. The Mexican government has lost total control of the country (narco State) lots and lots of people are dying (murder) at the hands of some very very bad people and it is gonna get worse. A 15K reward for this guy's death isn't even 5 cents to a drug lord. I can go on adnausium (sp?) you all get the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by EWY
CTG

Ernie

I appreciate your commnent, Ernie. It's nice to know one's not some "Voice crying in a wilderness"

GTC

+1 to Ernie's post, Cross.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for getting me right up to speed on alla' that.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GTC haas been giving us updates on this stuff for as long as i have been on here, heck, I have even posted up some of the trail pics for him, very enlightening, and I am all for a secured Border, 50 cal nests every 250 meters would not be a bad thing, and mine that son of a bitch just like the DMZ in Korea!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Immigration was once a proud point for America, however illegal immigration has become a National plague on this country.

I curse those in Washington who allowed this to happen, and allow it to go on.

It will take thousands in their RVs along the border, armed in battle positions before this government will do a thing other than offer a short fix and lip service, soon to be forgotten.

Our government has always been more concerned at how the Mexican government will percieve their actions, more so the American people.

I think it is time a candidate for office runs on repealing Obama policy, but also making the border air tight..for once take a chance and forget the Mexican vote, and do what is right before it is too late.

strong words Barkoff, for a liberal Californian. shocked

You could only wish I was by definition a liberal and the worst you had to endure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ever think you would be saying that on a US border?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Something from the East (Washington Examiner)

....one must wonder, how many of these came up through the Chirucahuas, or the Huachucas ?

Review: lllegals increasingly charged in violent crimes
By: Freeman Klopott
Examiner Staff Writer
March 28, 2010
(AP file)

The illegal immigrants being held in area jails are increasingly charged with violent crimes as law enforcement agencies focus on taking murderers, rapists and gang members off the streets, according to a review by the Washington Examiner.

Nearly half of the criminal charges filed against the 274 inmates who were being held during the last week of February on Immigration and Customs Enforcement warrants in Fairfax, Alexandria and D.C. jails related to violence, drugs and gang participation.

A senior ICE official said the agency has made targeting violent criminals who are in the country illegally a priority.

"By increasing our focus on taking dangerous criminal aliens off the streets and removing them from the country, we are addressing significant security vulnerabilities," said Enrique M. Lucero, director of ICE's Washington Field Office.

Illegal immigrants have been charged in a number of high-profile crimes in the region in recent months.

� Earlier this month, six suspected illegal immigrants were accused of gang raping a 30-year-old woman they abducted from an Alexandria nightclub.

� In late February, two suspected illegal immigrants brought an 11-year-old girl to a Silver Spring apartment where they both raped her, Montgomery County police said.

� On Christmas Day, authorities say, a suspected illegal immigrant stabbed his 25-year-old roommate to death during a heated early-morning argument in Rockville.

Lucero said ICE's focus on taking violent illegal immigrants off the street is part of the agency's central mission to make the streets safer.

But some immigration advocates are concerned that efforts to catch violent criminals could end up becoming a dragnet for all illegal immigrants in the area.

Donald Kerwin, vice president of programs at the Migration Policy Institute, said, "The fear is that local police will start to go after people who appear to be immigrants for common traffic tickets, and these people will be found to be unauthorized and put in deportation proceedings without having been convicted of anything."

Kerwin said the result of the increased attention on illegal immigrants, violent and nonviolent, will be that a system already "stretched to the breaking point" will fall into ruin.

"ICE has to focus on exercising discretion," he said.

Others say focusing strictly on rounding up violent criminals doesn't go far enough.

Jon Feere, a legal policy analyst at the Center for Immigration Studies, said although applying resources to the most serious crimes is important, letting smaller offenses go unpunished has its dangers.

"Law enforcement should contact ICE to make sure illegal aliens are removed from their jurisdiction at the first possible opportunity," Feere said. "Unfortunately, some law enforcement agencies will not report an illegal alien to ICE until after a violent attack occurs. Public safety is harmed by such policies."

Percentage of charges filed against suspected illegal immigrants:

Violent crimes: 31

Property crimes: 15

Drugs: 12

Driving while intoxicated: 6

Gang participation: 3

Drunk in public: 4

Child abuse: 2

Among the remaining 27 percent are gun violations, driving without a license, reckless driving and failing to appear in court for misdemeanors.

fklopottwashingtonexaminer.com

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...olent-crimes-89308002.html#ixzz0jmMwJIWJ

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/10.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those percentages are pretty scary. You are either illegal or you are not........Did I miss where they installed a gray area?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Donald Kerwin, vice president of programs at the Migration Policy Institute, said, "The fear is that local police will start to go after people who appear to be immigrants for common traffic tickets, and these people will be found to be unauthorized illegal aliens and put in deportation proceedings without having been convicted of anything."

If they are here illegally, they don't need to be convicted of anything else. Start the proceedings. Next question.

Last edited by MattMan; 03/31/10.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 68 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,497,013
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.