Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Gus?

Yup, you got some snot out of me on that one.

.....friggin hard to clean laptops.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need to make fun of a man's faith. But, I guess that is what this was really about from the start.

Ask questions, then ridicule the answers.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Hebrews 10:30

Now can you appeal to Jesus or Mary if you don't like his verdict?

Seems he has an awful lot of anger for someone who is suppose to be all loving.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If that is the case than I got suckered?

Thats OK....laugh now.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
No need to make fun of a man's faith. But, I guess that is what this was really about from the start.

Naw, not this time.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Hebrews 10:30

Seems he has an awful lot of anger for someone who is suppose to be all loving.

Sorry you don't get an appeal you'll get yours in hell.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Who is the one who died on the cross?

Jesus or Mary?

Theres your answer.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Ask questions, then ridicule the answers.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff

A forgiving god in my opinion, would judge men by the lives they lead, and the manner in which they treat their fellow man.

That's sort of my take.

Well,...yeah,..how one treats others is definitely part of it,...but that's more or less a byproduct.

Difficult to explain from my perspective,..and I'm not always real good at following the path that I know is correct. But there's some things in a person's internal makeup which determines a lot,..and it's not always outwardly obvious.

Some people are extremely hateful,..even some of the more pious people you'll meet have the real thing going on,..that deep down, ingrained bloodlust *hate*.

I think one of my aces in the holes is that I don't really feel hate. It just doesn't register with me.

There was a time that it did,..on occasion,..but it just kind of evaporated over time.

I don't really think it was spontaneous.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Laugh always and please God save me from your followers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The one thing that makes me wonder WTF about the deity more than any other thing is kids born with horrible disabilities. Seirously, what's up with that. I know there's scripture and interpretation to cover it, but I'm not buying it.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Tom264

Who is the one who died on the cross?

Jesus or Mary?

Theres your answer.

I'm glad Christ didn't first come to us in the 1980's. A little cross around the neck accessorizes so much better than a little electric chair.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We used the gas chamber in Ms. during the 80's.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No even sure how you could get that one on a necklace.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Some people are erxtremely hateful,..even some of the more pious people you'll meet have the real thing going on,..that deep down, ingrained bloodlust *hate*.

Thar's sort of what has clouded my judgment when it comes to God and religion.

There just seems to be so much hate that is the result of religion. For the most part, it makes me want to stay as far away from religion as possible. Other times, I wonder if it's just man that has turned me off to God and religion.

I realize I've become a cynic and I'm not particularly fond of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BECAUSE YOU HAD THE DRIVE AND COURAGE TO ASK

Seems it can be as complicated as you might wish to make it - and some folks/organizations do seem to go for complication. But, it also is very simple and can be so for anyone. This may be too skeletal for some Christians but, in the most brief of terms, I would explain Christianity as follows: (Sorry - I already know that it will become more wordy than some will want - can't help it)

God created us and gave us laws to live by - and also gave us free will. By our nature, we have chosen to disobey in various ways and become sinners - some to greater degrees than others - and God is the only true and just judge of those degrees.

As a loving God, he sent his Son Jesus to live among us, to show us His example of how we should live, and then to symbolically and actually take all of our sinful nature upon Himself and be crucified - after which he went to live with His Father.

God also has created and clearly described Heaven and Hell, and provided the means for us to choose our destination.

In our sinful state, God has given us a choice - a simple choice. We can accept the fact that Jesus, His Son, is our Savior because He died for our sins. We can confess our sins to Him, ask forgiveness and believe in Jesus as Savior. God has told us that, if we do that, we should walk with the Savior and do our best to live as God has directed - but all we have to do is believe - and we are Heaven bound. It all boils down to a matter of faith. Some have it - and believe - others reject faith, and seemingly do not believe. It is strictly an INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL choice. None of us are to judge another. God is the only adjudicator of the degree of our faith.

If we choose not to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and follow Him, we are not Christians. We then are something else and have chosen to fend for ourselves after this earthly life.

Hope I did not mess this up in the eyes of the scholars and those who have studied much more than me - the intent is totally to be helpful and keep it simple here. Some folks may choose to dismember my explanation and elaborate quite a bit. That is OK.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The one thing that makes me wonder WTF about the deity more than any other thing is kids born with horrible disabilities. Seirously, what's up with that. I know there's scripture and interpretation to cover it, but I'm not buying it.

That's another question that I think about.

How can he let some who are so young and innocent suffer so terribly?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Exactly. Way worse than Christians acting in an un-Christian manner.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Some people are erxtremely hateful,..even some of the more pious people you'll meet have the real thing going on,..that deep down, ingrained bloodlust *hate*.

Thar's sort of what has clouded my judgment when it comes to God and religion.

There just seems to be so much hate that is the result of religion.

Lotsa confused people and a lot of hypocrites out there.

Lots of people who justify their hate with religion.

The Messiah devoted a lot of talk to that topic.

In fact, the people he directed it to had him crucufied for pointing it out to them.

It's been around a long time.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
What does your heart tell you, not man using words to shape God to man's existence. Being lost spiritually doesn't mean punished. We are all lost at times and I expect we will go through trials even after as we continue to grow spiritually, after we move on. After all that has happened to me the last 9 months. And I know others have suffered throughout history more than I, my experience isn't special. I've come to some conclusions not easily explained in man's words.

I've been able to strip away all the politics, control issues, human interference in my spiritual relationship with God. It's crystal clear to me now, or I'm insane. I have no inner struggles, no fear of anything in this life or the next and feel I understand the transition and wonder at my previous fear of leaving this life.

I don't believe anymore in a stop and go for the spirit, between life and death, just a continuation and like a caterpillar, the unfurling of wings and the glory of release. Whether we have a life of 1 sec or 100 yrs doesn't matter and is just a blink in our existence. I feel it starts at conception and why I don't think there is a transition from embryo to viability in the abortion issue, any abortion is homicide, whether it's justifiable may be another issue.... So I believe there isn't a transition for the spirit once started, it may leave the body, but continues on without a pause.

I can't really describe it in words, I can't talk to God in words, I 'feel' his meanings, I relate in emotions and communicate that way also. God is timeless, either direction, his language can't be ours. Man's words all relate to time/place, we communicate in time relation. How can we describe God in a medium he doesn't live in, man has tried to put God in our time with words. God sent his son, our brother, to exist in time and teach. He did without written words, he used emotional stories and examples, parables, to teach the spirit... Jesus never wrote anything. I have to believe there are many paths God opened for all to follow.

Spirit to Spirit, nothing else matters.

My son has already advanced above me, he will be my elder when I move out of time.

I may never pray aloud again, it's only words... Amen

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 14 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,839
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.