-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At one time KY Wal Marts would ask the 18 or older question for Dill's Pipe Cleaners. Not sure if they did the same for similar items out of the notions sections or not, but I doubt it.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish some of you folks would try walking in the poor Walmart employee's mocassins once in a while. They are just working people like you trying to keep their jobs by complying with their employer's training and policy. Different areas, different stores/managers and I am sure policy and training varies. Why not make their lives easier by co-operating with them and not being so judgemental about what they are trying to do? If you do not like the way in which Walmart trains their employees then take your business where things suit you. All the wining on the forum does absolutely nothing to change the way in which Walmart does business.

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The original post had absolutely nothing to do with Walmart employees. It was a comment on silly laws and/or regulations.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
"Are these for a handgun or a rifle?"

"Yes."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was in high school, I was required to do a demonstration for English class. With approval from my teacher,

I did a cartridge collection of military arms for a history class once. Every cartridge in the display was loaded and ready to go.

This speaks to our local environment... About 5 years ago a kid bought the components and assembled an AR as his senior class project. He was not allowed though to bring the unit in for show and tell night and had to get by with a video and pictures.

Also, we still carry several functioning firearms into our local highschool for our hunter safety classes. How cool is that??

1Minute
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by TDC
The original post had absolutely nothing to do with Walmart employees. It was a comment on silly laws and/or regulations.

Wrong answer. That's a "store policy".

Ask to see it.

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
VA,I don't doubt it. My point to gunswizard was that the post was not a crack on the employees, but on the stupid regulation or policy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I wish some of you folks would try walking in the poor Walmart employee's mocassins once in a while. They are just working people like you trying to keep their jobs by complying with their employer's training and policy. Different areas, different stores/managers and I am sure policy and training varies. Why not make their lives easier by co-operating with them and not being so judgemental about what they are trying to do? If you do not like the way in which Walmart trains their employees then take your business where things suit you. All the wining on the forum does absolutely nothing to change the way in which Walmart does business.

Nothing against the Wal Mart employee that asked, in fact I would rather the numerous people that made the decision for the question to be asked in the first place get the ax.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by TDC
VA,I don't doubt it. My point to gunswizard was that the post was not a crack on the employees, but on the stupid regulation or policy.

It's the stupid employees, to start with. Then, go to the policy.

Besides, [bleep] Wal-Mart.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Cry me a [bleep]' river.

Wal-mart is the most ANTI-small business, ANTI-American establishment out there (follow the money, and prove me wrong).

[bleep]'m.

IC B3

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Come on...tell us how you really feel.

POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65
Originally Posted by 1minute
He didn't think it was appropriate to carry a "weapon" in the store.

Wow! Just shows us the varied mindset we all have. I ALWAYS have a Leatherman, a pocket knife, and a folding sheath knife on me, and have never considered them weapons. They're just tools.

Agree 100% they tools, and some people bring the wrong tool to a gunfight grin

I pack a gun with me in Walmart...

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.