Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having a Dem in office, with their reputation for "saving the people", doesn't help.

damn, JeffO

You voted for the fugger most likely to provide entitlements.

I realize you were mad at W and the party, but this is just the Dem's - who were elected- strutting their stuff, as you so eloquently put it.

Take your rant elsewhere.

This is what you asked for.

Its the price of admission for not having the old white guy running things....

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Jeff - stop it - your sounding like a conservative - you're confusing half of us and scaring the chit out of the other half... grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bbassi
Jeff - stop it - your sounding like a conservative - you're confusing half of us and scaring the chit out of the other half... grin

grin

I am quite conservative on some major issues as far as how I've lived my life. More so than many so-called "conservatives".

My comment on Obama and how the D's are seen as the party that "takes care of people" was simply that with the housing market all screwed up, and a D in office, it makes it that much more likely that people will be looking for a "solution" from Washington.

I'd say, in terms of likelyhood of Washington actually DOING something, it's about the same. Bush II had his stimuli and bailouts, and so would McCain.

But the perception that Washington will do something, clouds people's judgements, regardless of what does or does not actually every happen. And perception drives markets as much as tangible things do.

Aight, I'm gonna go work on my new private 100-yard rifle range on my paid-off property, where I cut down a bunch of big trees yesterday with my chain saws! How's that for conservative <grin>.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/26/10.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When are you guys going to understand it's not a Democrat OR Republican thing, it's a Democrat AND Republican thing.

There is only one political party with a Red Team and a Blue Team.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Best possible time to buy a house. Prices and interest rates are very low.

Find a house you like then lowball them on the already low,low, price. Put at least 20% down get a 5% or lower 15 year loan and "Bob's you uncle".

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Did I say anything about dealing with a realtor?

No. neither did I.... just what advice they would give....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prediction for the Boise market is 10-12% additional drop in value by the end of the year.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Steve, the house we're trying to sell is an entry-mid level "first home". It's much nicer (and a little bigger) than most of the foreclosures. It's also in a primo neighborhood so we have some hope of moving it in a reasonable timeframe.

Still, there's that nagging doubt...

Utah,

The $8,000 tax credit ends this weekend if you don't have it under contract by April 30 the market place is going to adjust downward again. The non-foreclosures will have to complete with-in a market place of foreclosure homes that the banks must sell in 90 days to 120 days. This forces the banks to drop prices until the REO homes are under contract.

While the $8K was a boost to the nations housing market in a attempt to stabilize
the market place once the credit is removed the market forces return work as they should.

Doc

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What about the looming commercial real estate foreclosure situation? Supposedly it will be as bad or worse.

I've wondered about that myself. The strip malls around here are about 50% vacant.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (12344mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 1936M71, 22 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,645
Posts18,533,734
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.