Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 98 of 150 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 149 150
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
I'll be able to bring a backup rack for the hunt that will go in my truck bed.

We can inventory our options Friday afternoon?

Sure we can. OK Gregg you talked me into it.
Well I think I'll be home for a few days next week, I'll find it and put it in (the back seat---). Have to go to a court hearing (probate deal) on the 19th, then will rush home and try to get ready in a day.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB4

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'll tickle you and Gregg happy if I bag one.

If I kill a bobcat, I will have ended a 32 year dry one of not only never killing one but even ever having seen one.

It will damn near be like my first deer kill.

I honestly can be given a couple of bologna sandwiches and water then dumped somewhere that someone considers a good bobcat area and stay out of everyone's hair from first light till dinner.

I have been practing my bobcat in heat calls for the past 3 days. Weird stuff when you're at a stopped intersection walking to court.

Last edited by isaac; 05/07/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tx270
Was thinking of bringing my cj 7 also. I'm about to pull the hardtop off and put the bikini on for summer anyway.

If I bring it I'll just pull it behind my truck, my luck if I drove it down I'd hit a rainstorm on the way.

Bill

Old CJ's are nice. Mine is the LJ model rubi, so it's just a tad longer that a normal Jeep. I think I have to drive all of 180 miles, just hop on 377 and follow it down.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
I'll tickle you and Gregg happy if I bag one.

If I kill a bobcat, I will have ended a 32 year dry one of not only never killing one but even ever having seen one.

It will damn near be like my first deer kill.

I honestly can be given a couple of bologna sandwiches and water then dumped somewhere that someone considers a good bobcat area and stay out of everyone's hair from first light till dinner.

I have been practing my bobcat in heat calls for the past 3 days. Weird stuff when you're at a stopped intersection walking to court.

With bologna, you'll get one, they like it also. smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like he has a great chance then. Bob's a lawyer you know, and of course all of them are FULL of bolonga... laugh

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in Texas (north) and have never shot a hog, that's why I'm going, plus the friendship around a campfire.
Just think a nasty old hog in the spring heat, fun fun fun. I'm guessing they will have cool storage until we leave, then buy out Junction of it's ice for the trip home with a quartered Texas hog.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Looks like you and Gregg have become quite the sought after guides. I'm easy to please fellas. I can cut me a ground blind in a perceived good bobcat crossing area and be plenty content.

I'll assume I could just as easily see a pig, axis or blackie from the same spot at any given time especially if the pressure keeps up fromthe other guys and vehicles.

I gotta be a dad for my son, as to his pig,(not talking Thursday night)and after that, it's my varmint education and socializing with the boys 'round the cookin' fire.

My son will take a axis or a blackie,if permitted. But after reading this thread, I know he's gonna want to one up the old man by tagging a bobcat and then ask me "what's so hard about all that pops"!

He's D.O.A. if he does!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Sounds like he has a great chance then. Bob's a lawyer you know, and of course all of them are FULL of bolonga... laugh

Bet the rest of the group doesn't have to eat that bologna, bet the food is real good along with all the cooking some may do. Free beer, setups for the CR fans. Cigars good Texas weekend. I just better not have too much fun, if I did then I would have to drive all the way to TENN next Christmas, long drive. That is if Tenn didn't float away by that time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like you and Gregg have become quite the sought after guides. I'm easy to please fellas. I can cut me a ground blind in a perceived good bobcat crossing area and be plenty content.

I'll assume I could just as easily see a pig, axis or blackie from the same spot at any given time especially if the pressure keeps up fromthe other guys and vehicles.

I gotta be a dad for my son, as to his pig,(not talking Thursday night)and after that, it's my varmint education and socializing with the boys 'round the cookin' fire.

My son will take a axis or a blackie,if permitted. But after reading this thread, I know he's gonna want to one up the old man by tagging a bobcat and then ask me "what's so hard about all that pops"!

He's D.O.A. if he does!!

Gregg is the caller, I'm just a driver with a 223. I'll do what and how he and Pat decide to find that cat. If I shoot one, I'll dump him at your feet and say shoot him quick. Bet Greg can find a few red/gray foxes for sure. Keep up the calling practice at intersections, will make you stand out for sure.
Wouldn't that be something on the young BOB, a hog, axis and a BC. Bet your proud of him for that degree. Glad he is still hanging with his dad. Tried my best to get one of my sons to go on this, maybe someday.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am really looking forward to this shin-dig. Lots of good folks, hunting. Really looking forward to taking my little boy with me too! My son is 5 and this will be his first "real" hunting trip with me. He won't be hunting, but I think it will be really good for him.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I am really looking forward to this shin-dig. Lots of good folks, hunting. Really looking forward to taking my little boy with me too! My son is 5 and this will be his first "real" hunting trip with me. He won't be hunting, but I think it will be really good for him.

It's building the memory bank for him, bet he'll get back and talk to all his buddies for weeks about the hunt/fishing trip he went on with his Dad. Next thing you know, he will want to go on all the trips, then later on Dad will follow son on his first Deer hunt. Can't ask for more than that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

He's D.O.A. if he does!!

I'll rent you the Foxpro smile

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
1Deuce (Gene) a good buddy of mine and a member here is a damn wizard with the Foxpro. 7x57Steve and Sean can attest to it.

That's a good man to get some education from as to the calling!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll be driving down through Wisconsin, so in memory of a campfire dearly departed, I'm planning to stop in Stevens Point for a memorial purchase that the crew might enjoy. I think either of these two types would be appropriate:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Read about them at this link: http://pointbeer.com/point/

The chancellor of the exchequer indicates sufficient funds are available to purchase a bottle for each campfire member with a tip for the guides should they like. I'll plan on getting equal quantities of both, unless there are strong expressions otherwise.

If you want me to import more, send a PM. I think I can keep them cool through WI, IA, MO, KS, OK, & TX.

--Bob

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Wtxj where in N. Texas are you located?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie

DFW.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Wtxj

DFW.

Cool. We are just north of Wichita Falls in God's country... grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BullShooter
I'll be driving down through Wisconsin, so in memory of a campfire dearly departed, I'm planning to stop in Stevens Point for a memorial purchase that the crew might enjoy. I think either of these two types would be appropriate:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Read about them at this link: http://pointbeer.com/point/

The chancellor of the exchequer indicates sufficient funds are available to purchase a bottle for each campfire member with a tip for the guides should they like. I'll plan on getting equal quantities of both, unless there are strong expressions otherwise.

If you want me to import more, send a PM. I think I can keep them cool through WI, IA, MO, KS, OK, & TX.

--Bob

Welcome BullShooter! That summer wheat and the black ale look very good!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

DFW.

So......you live in Wyoming? smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

DFW.

So......you live in Wyoming? smile

grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 98 of 150 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,110
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.