Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 102 of 150 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 149 150
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Texas Land and Cattle might be a touristy steak house but it is a popular one.

My favorite was Bohanans. Bart's call,though. To be honest, with the partying and happy hour places, I'd be just fine with appetizers and a burger at a fun joint rather than a continuous rendevous. But, I shall report where ordered.

http://www.bohanans.com/

Last edited by isaac; 05/10/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
I'll be able to pick Cheyenne out in about 10 seconds once I see the gang!

I don't think he has that same glassy eyed deer in the headlights stare Bob.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Yeah I could pack steaks in the snow we are getting...... laugh

Wtxj is right though..the really good steaks come from those corn fed cows. Rooster's is a bar in Glendo, they serve a real good steak for a very reasonable price. IIRC it is $15 for a dinner.

Please do on the steaks, one small Elk steak. That's it, would like to taste elk. Always have been a non traveler on the hunting, so have never tasted (sorry to say this) Elk. Keep it good and cool.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas Land and Cattle might be a touristy steak house but it is a popular one.

My favorite was Bohanans. Bart's call,though. To be honest, with the partying and happy hour places, I'd be just fine with appetizers and a burger at a fun joint rather than a continuous rendevous. But, I shall report where ordered.

http://www.bohanans.com/

Best places I have eaten at in Texas look like a dive on the outside.....that place looks very nice. They prolly won't let a redneck like me through the front door! whistle grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was down in the vicinity of this area this weekend and let me tell you the wildflowers and grass are unbelievably high and dense.

I could see maybe 6 inches of a deer's back standing up.

Snakes are out in force as are gnats, ticks, and chiggers.

So what I'm trying to say say that it sounds like a typical May day in centex except that it is green.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Wtxj is right though..the really good steaks come from those corn fed cows. Rooster's is a bar in Glendo, they serve a real good steak for a very reasonable price. IIRC it is $15 for a dinner.

Please do on the steaks, one small Elk steak. That's it, would like to taste elk. Always have been a non traveler on the hunting, so have never tasted (sorry to say this) Elk. Keep it good and cool.

I'll see what I can do....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

I don't think he has that same glassy eyed deer in the headlights stare Bob.....

==========

Dude...I ain't no Sammy Davis. There's a story behind that pic and someone was goosing me, as well.

I'll show you another pic. I never have to pay for my drinks, bud!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
I was down in the vicinity of this area this weekend and let me tell you the wildflowers and grass are unbelievably high and dense.

I could see maybe 6 inches of a deer's back standing up.

Snakes are out in force as are gnats, ticks, and chiggers.

So what I'm trying to say say that it sounds like a typical May day in centex except that it is green.

Snake shot here I come. If I can find it in the safe.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not a have to do thing for sure. Just wanted taste one bite, off the grill.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

==========

Dude...I ain't no Sammy Davis. There's a story behind that pic and someone was goosing me, as well.

I'll show you another pic. I never have to pay for my drinks, bud!!

Bob....we aren't going to that kind of bar!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not a have to do thing for sure. Just wanted taste one bite, off the grill.

Already working on it. I never got one this year but my hunting pard did. I will swap him some wild texas pig for it. You ever eat pronghorn or bighorn?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I knew I was giving you a softball.

Hey gents...if we go happy hour and I eat some nachos,tapas,quesadillas etc, or the like, I'm really not going to need or be able to eat a huge steak dinner. Wouldn't be able to do it justice. Plus, shouldn't we really just have one really good overall hangout till all the guys catch up with us??

As I mentioned, wherever you guys want is fine with me, especially the new guys. My son and I have hit the RW 6 times since he was 8 and I'll be happy with wherever you guys choose.

William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Photobucket ain't workin' for me now...I'll more than likely be wearin' a black hat and Teri is a redhead. Maybe that will help...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My son and I won't be taking our meat back. So, aside from a little one I'll shoot and offer to Mike, as promised, my son's game meat will be gifted and if he or I shoot a axis, the back strap will go on the grill come Sat night.

I have a 25 box of Avo #2s and if anyone else needs anything peculiar to my area, speak up now so I can pick it up for you.

I'll be away this weekend for my son's graduation but my cell is 703.200.1464. My last name is Shearer.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bob I am with you on the dining...I am not picky and what ever is decided I will be there.

Congratulations to your son!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope, please don't go to a lot of work on the meat, it's a long drive for you guys.Do bring several coolers or a real big one to take that pig home in.
20 hours drive from there to here? I figure the ranch has a cooler, for the until we go home deal, then ice for the trip home to the butcher shop.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, please don't go to a lot of work on the meat, it's a long drive for you guys.Do bring several coolers or a real big one to take that pig home in.
20 hours drive from there to here? I figure the ranch has a cooler, for the until we go home deal, then ice for the trip home to the butcher shop.

I have 4 good coolers to bring stuff down in and then back home. Not an issue on bring a bit of wild game for you top try. I'll pack it in one of those Coleman 5 day coolers.

Looking forward to bringing at least a couple pigs home. I have a buddy with a BBQ biz smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son and I won't be taking our meat back. So, aside from a little one I'll shoot and offer to Mike, as promised, my son's game meat will be gifted and if he or I shoot a axis, the back strap will go on the grill come Sat night.

I have a 25 box of Avo #2s and if anyone else needs anything peculiar to my area, speak up now so I can pick it up for you.

I'll be away this weekend for my son's graduation but my cell is 703.200.1464. My last name is Shearer.

You sound like a nice guy, Bob. Wonder how many will smoke a good cigar? I was going to get some, but maybe a good bottle of whiskey would be better? What does the group think?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now ya gone and done it....you told him he was nice. cry

I quit smoking 22 years ago so I prolly won't have a cigar. However, I am bringing some Pendletons and maybe a bottle of Koltiska.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have 4 good coolers to bring stuff down in and then back home. Not an issue on bring a bit of wild game for you top try. I'll pack it in one of those Coleman 5 day coolers.

Guides will skin and quarter the game for a small fee, that's what's going to happen if I happen to see and down one. Thanks in advance.
Looking forward to bringing at least a couple pigs home. I have a buddy with a BBQ biz smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 102 of 150 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.