Print Thread
Hop To
Page 112 of 150 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 149 150
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Let's see, pico for 20 gents will include at least going by how much I will eat:

60 to 80 tomatoes
10 to 20 avacados
10 to 15 onions
4 to 6 bunches of cilantro
8 to 12 jalapenos and serranos
juice of 4 to 6 limes
small amount of Lawry's
larger amounts of fresh black pepper

Craploads of chips and tortillas

Miss anything? Anything else ya'll want it in?

If the Friday night San Antonio group makes it there, I'll be scouting the ranch hopefully so I can kinda know my way around...

That's one heck of a lot of chopping and slicing. Thanks Gregg.

Are you volunteering? grin...

I'll help, just can't drive to Houston to do chopping and slicing. Have to be at a court hearing on Wed, west of me 300 miles, then back here (DFW) on the same day. Thursday, final packing. Early Friday trip down. Or I may just get a room in Junction on Thursday night, sure would be a short drive from that point.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would never, ever make someone help if it's taking away killing pigs...

I might pre-dice some of it Friday morning before I head out if I get a chance.

In that case, just bring the stuff, we'll get it done, maybe. I'm sure enough guys will show up early enough and be happy to help. We can go scouting!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds good...

With the amount of exotics I think this ranch has, I'm assuming that with spot and stalk probably employed, the interior roads will be good which means we can get around a bit.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds good...

With the amount of exotics I think this ranch has, I'm assuming that with spot and stalk probably employed, the interior roads will be good which means we can get around a bit.

For sure, do you think we need to bring chopping type knives or maybe the ranch has a few sharp ones. I'm not a cook for sure, but will be happy to help where I can. Wait, I'll bet maybe the cook staff may want to get in on this?

Looked at new tires yesterday for my Jeep. No Ktm's or Mtr's to be found in my size,(without ordering) so the old ones will just have to make the trip.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by rockchucker
what exactly is " pico "

From wikki:

In Mexican cuisine, Pico de gallo (Spanish for "rooster's beak") is a fresh uncooked condiment made from chopped tomato, onion, and sometimes chiles (typically jalape�os or serranos). Other ingredients may also be added, such as lemon or lime juice, fresh cilantro (leaf of coriander), cucumber, radish or other fresh firm pulpy fruit such as mango.

Pico de gallo can be used in much the same way as Mexican salsas or Indian chutneys, but since it contains less liquid, it can also be used as a main ingredient in dishes such as tacos and fajitas.

In some regions of Mexico, a fruit salad (watermelon, orange, j�cama, cucumber and sometimes mellon and papaya) tossed in lime juice and hot sauce or chamoy and sprinkled with a salty Chile powder is also known as pico de gallo; it is a popular snack and it's usually sold outside schools, while the tomato-based condiment is better known as salsa picada, which means minced or chopped sauce, salsa bandera or salsa mexicana, because the colors red(tomato), white (onion), and green (chile) are the colors of the Mexican flag.

thanks

now im hungry

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ditto for me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7 now....
Whoooooo doggie its getting close!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, let's talk money to bring.

Need: rest of hunt money
Tips for the staff, what else? Anyone that knows
Check, cash, CC. ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money if you want them to skin and quarter your animals.
Bail money

I figured on cash.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Checks would be best simply because of not knowing your final tally on tropghy fees. Cash for remainder of hunt balance is preferable, probably and then your spending money as budgeted for fun, gas etc...unless you go debit card for most everything or a rewards card.

I tip my guides and cooks but that's a personal deal and your call. One shouldn't gauge by what another might do. But, for a quick idea for hunts such as these anything from 20 for the cooks,if it's a set staff team up to a 100 for your guide if he puts you on a nice animal and goes that extra step for you.

Just my opinion,of course. A few solid opinions contrary to mine are just as acceptable. It's why I say it's such a personal choice.

Looking forward to meeting you!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a onion/pepper/tomato choppin' fool. Won't take but a minute!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
Checks would be best simply because of not knowing your final tally on tropghy fees. Cash for remainder of hunt balance is preferable, probably and then your spending money as budgeted for fun, gas etc...unless you go debit card for most everything or a rewards card.

I tip my guides and cooks but that's a personal deal and your call. One shouldn't gauge by what another might do. But, for a quick idea for hunts such as these anything from 20 for the cooks,if it's a set staff team up to a 100 for your guide if he puts you on a nice animal and goes that extra step for you.

Just my opinion,of course. A few solid opinions contrary to mine are just as acceptable. It's why I say it's such a personal choice.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks, Bob.
Friend of mine lives to hunt and can cook for a group. He makes pretty good money cooking for several ranches as required. Cooks and guides are very important to a hunt such as this.

I'll go with 100% cash, if that is still accepted.
Looking forward to meeting you and the whole group. I felt I missed a good trip hog hunting, that you guys went on in Dec. Not going to happen again.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm a onion/pepper/tomato choppin' fool. Won't take but a minute!

See Greg, we have a lot of guys that know how to use a knife. The host himself will get down in the trenches. laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You did miss a good one. If this one is half as good, it'll be a success. I don't think Dan and I will be able to feed these pigs twinkies in our hiding place like we did in Tennesee, but hopefully we'll see a few.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You did miss a good one. If this one is half as good, it'll be a success. I don't think Dan and I will be able to feed these pigs twinkies in our hiding place like we did in Tennesee, but hopefully we'll see a few.

Oh, I'm supposed to bring Twinkies? Good as any bait.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Greg,

Looks like I'll be able to leave even earlier than I first thought.
I can help you ride around and scout, while we are waiting for the SA group to get their bail posted grin

Bill

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Let's just say them Tennesee hogs were stuck on a mountain wiff nuffin to eat but rocks and oak leaves.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Last time I hunted elk in Montana, our cook was the chef at a very popular KC steakhouse and he spent Sept/Oct cooking for the hunters as his vacation.

I hiked 10 miles a day, with 8-12 inches of snow on the ground and gained 5 pounds.

That was a cook,I tell you!!

With nthis hunt and knowing who is going to be there, food strategy,quality and quantity wasn't even a thought in my head.

I'd be more than happy with campfire brats and beans, next to the river, for every meal.

I'll give you this one certainty over and above the great food....you will go home with at least 2 more permanent laugh lines around your eyes.

I spoke with Dan (dvdegeorge) this morning and he might be bringing me a gift.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Headed out to the firing range, to try to sight in the 556.
Wyo has been sending the rain down here, guess what, the skies started to rain, so turned around and went to the 25 yard pay by the hour range.
Did what I wanted, on the paper about 2 inches low.
Will head out in the morning to the outdoor range, if it doesn't rain, and finish off the project.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If we had sent it ....it would be snow!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 112 of 150 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

739 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,277
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.