Rolled 170,000 on my Taco this weekend.

Me

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I turned 64K I think on my 06 tundra. Steering and suspension are still tight even. It has a few squeaks now, from the speaker rubbing.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by tzone
You don't drive much. Man...My '06 Tundra has 64K on it.
Nope. A 10 mile round trip to work helps keep the mileage down.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
You don't drive much. Man...

Thats the only way for a guy to get longevity out of a Dodge!......grin

Says the guy that the last few years said the new Toyota Tundra was the "do all end all of trucks" and said he would never own another truck made by "The Big Three" EVER AGAIN. And now drives the most UNDER POWERED V8 full size truck on the market.

Go back and reread your posts from the last few years. You'll see how you've TOTALLY CONTRADICTED yourself making your opinions on pretty much anything much less trucks meaningless. You seem like the type of guy that if YOU HAVE IT, it's gotta be the best.

Be honest, how many times was YOUR so called "do all end all of trucks" Toyota Tundra in the shop the first 25K you had it? If it was once, it was more then my Ram.

Like I said, I do like 1/2 ton Fords....they're easy to pass, kiddie engine or not! wink

Last edited by New_York_Hunter2; 05/22/10.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal

Many more to go!

220 Swift still king.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Swift

Many more to go!

No doubt, Toyota has always made good quality vehicles. My friend had a '86 Taco. 4 cyl. 5 speed. He had it for about 12 years. The box rusted off of it, we put a new one on it! And even plowing with a small plow he managed to get 180K miles. Up until the end he only had to replace a few clutches, plowing's HARD on tranny's and tranny parts.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No longer such a thing as a Dodge truck. They are now merely known as Rams. The last one I owned, was an '84. We called it the Lamb.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by New_York_Hunter2

Go back and reread your posts from the last few years. You'll see how you've TOTALLY CONTRADICTED yourself making your opinions on pretty much anything much less trucks meaningless. You seem like the type of guy that if YOU HAVE IT, it's gotta be the best.

Be honest, how many times was YOUR so called "do all end all of trucks" Toyota Tundra in the shop the first 25K you had it? If it was once, it was more then my Ram.

Like I said, I do like 1/2 ton Fords....they're easy to pass, kiddie engine or not! wink

Man talk about a sensitive guy here. How about you use your truck for what a truck was made to do instead of being a [bleep] suburban soccer mom with it. I bet your one of those guys that washes his absolutley spotless barely driven Dodge truck with no miles on it and then brags about its reliability. I on the other hand drive the chit out of my trucks, use them for what a truck was made to be used for, and put a healthy chunk of miles on em. I bet you pass a whole bunch of other brand trucks in your 10 mile commute that you probably never exceed 1500 RPMS on, and then log your mediocre fuel mileage in a little note pad. My underpowered F-150 already has 7,000 miles on it,and its 2 months old. 2500 miles of the 7000 have been on Alaskas gravel highways that are straight [bleep].I've also had to scrub dried blood out of the bed and tailgate twice now, from a wolf and a bear I've killed and hauled home in the underpowered pice of chit! Oh and I have nice big dents in the forward part of the bed from loading the 4wheeler in their oh say......15-20 times.The last 3 trucks before the Tundra I owned had at least 130,000 miles on em before they were 4 years old. This truck will get an honest opinion after its actually broke in (something you dont seem capable of doing)!....grin

I assure you that if this Ford ends up falling apart on me like the Tundra did, you'll hear about it. I'd say that my opinion of a truck , though you call it meaningless, is far more valuable than the opinion of a [bleep] suburban soccer mom (YOU) who doesn't drive a truck enough to rate its competencys!

Cheers!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But juice boxes and orange slices is heavy...

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But juice boxes and orange slices is heavy...

[bleep] yeah their heavy, and if one leaks in the bed, its so much harder to clean off than say oh.......dried blood?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Man talk about a sensitive guy here. How about you use your truck for what a truck was made to do instead of being a [bleep] suburban soccer mom with it. I bet your one of those guys that washes his absolutley spotless barely driven Dodge truck with no miles on it and then brags about its reliability. I on the other hand drive the chit out of my trucks, use them for what a truck was made to be used for, and put a healthy chunk of miles on em. I bet you pass a whole bunch of other brand trucks in your 10 mile commute that you probably never exceed 1500 RPMS on, and then log your mediocre fuel mileage in a little note pad. My underpowered F-150 already has 7,000 miles on it,and its 2 months old. 2500 miles of the 7000 have been on Alaskas gravel highways that are straight [bleep].I've also had to scrub dried blood out of the bed and tailgate twice now, from a wolf and a bear I've killed and hauled home in the underpowered pice of chit! Oh and I have nice big dents in the forward part of the bed from loading the 4wheeler in their oh say......15-20 times.The last 3 trucks before the Tundra I owned had at least 130,000 miles on em before they were 4 years old. This truck will get an honest opinion after its actually broke in (something you dont seem capable of doing)!....grin

I assure you that if this Ford ends up falling apart on me like the Tundra did, you'll hear about it. I'd say that my opinion of a truck , though you call it meaningless, is far more valuable than the opinion of a [bleep] suburban soccer mom (YOU) who doesn't drive a truck enough to rate its competencys!

Cheers!

Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before it had 25K miles on it?

Do the math. I drive 10 miles round trip to and from work each day. I've had the truck 3 years and a month. So 8K miles back and forth to work. And yeah, I usually never exceed 1500 RPMS doing this. No reason to.

The other 17K miles are from going back and forth to our hunting camp which is on an un-maintained seasonal road, which in most cases is usually just a nice way of saying it's a glorified logging trail. You're not getting up there without a decent 4x4 or truck based SUV, especially from mid fall to late spring. Towing our 29 FT. 6500 LBS. camper trailer back and forth to that hunting camp. Towing our 14'x8' double axle 4000 LBS. four place ATV trailer all over hells half acre to go riding. Going on miles and miles of other un-maintained seasonal roads and logging trails to go hunting and/or towing said ATV trailer to go riding. Hauling loads and loads of drywall, plywood, lumber, concrete and other building materials. Hauling loads and loads of firewood in the box full while towing the above mentioned 14'x8' trailer loaded as close to my max gross combined weight rating (GCWR) as I could guesstimate. I try not to exceed any ratings in any of my vehicles for not just warranty reasons but also legal reasons too.

It was nothing for me to leave my house at 4:30am and have to drive all the way to hunting camp in 4x4 because it was snowing and blowing so bad. Smooth as a babies behind while in 4x4. Almost half of my other 17K miles were in 4x4. No dents in the box from ATV's. The ones I've loaded into the back of my truck had brakes.....and I knew how to use them!

I towed my '78 Camaro home when I bought it last summer, just under 6000 LBS. I tow other friends cars, enclosed car trailers boats, camper trailers from time to time. Hauled engines, engine blocks, cranks, transmissions, transmission parts complete rear ends and just about any car/truck parts from any era of vehicle you could imagine.

I aint NO suburban soccer mom at all there sweetie pie. However, I did wash 'Ole Red a few weeks ago. I don't keep track of my mileage either, I knew what to expect when I bought it. So again...Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before 25K miles? Mine doing the above mentioned things regularly has been to the stealship for warranty work.....ZERO!....times! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before 25K miles?

I'll answer it... 0. Mine has a 63.5K on it and hasn't been in yet. Though it is pretty typical of the stuff I've owned. They don't fall apart until about 110K miles or so.

The dodge I had had well, it was less than that. smile Ford any Toyota have treated me the best.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before 25K miles?

I'll answer it... 0. Mine has a 63.5K on it and hasn't been in yet. Though it is pretty typical of the stuff I've owned. They don't fall apart until about 110K miles or so.

The dodge I had had well, it was less than that. smile Ford any Toyota have treated me the best.

t, I'm not asking you. I'm asking our self proclaimed resident truck expert. wink

All my family and I used to drive were Fords. We started having major problems with them and switched to Chrysler products about ten years ago. Which have treated us very well. No one in my family has ever owned a Toyota. However the guy that lives across the street from my parents has a '08 or '09 Tundra and it's been very good to him, he really likes it.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mine is the older, smaller style of Tundra. I believe it was a better built vehicle than the new ones. It really seems like a nice rig.

I do wish it had a better turning radius. It rivals a school bus in it's ability to turn around on a logging road.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before it had 25K miles on it?

Not as many as times as it was in the shop between 25,000 and 35,000!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine is the older, smaller style of Tundra. I believe it was a better built vehicle than the new ones.

It most definately is, if they could only figure out a way to put the newer Tundras drivetrain in the old body you'd be set! Though the body and interior of the new Tundras IMO is junk, the drivetrain in the 07 to current Tundras surpasses everything currently on the market IMO , if a guy really needs the extra power (ie . pulling heavy trailers).

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[Answer my question, how many times was your "do all end all of trucks" Tundra in the shop before it had 25K miles on it?

Not as many as times as it was in the shop between 25,000 and 35,000!

Well if it went back for warranty work once, it was back more times then my Ram. My Ram has been worked like a truck, NOT BEATEN, but worked and well maintained and it's never gone in for anything! It's been the best vehicle we've ever owned. The best SUV we've ever owned was our '05 AWD Hemi Durango. My wife loved it. That went back for a new transmission cooler line. It only needed to be tightened, but the dealer just went ahead and put a new one on. I wish we still had that one!

Like I said, the guy across the street from my parents loves his '08 or '09 Tundra. I'm glad he feels that way. Personally I think they're good trucks. Good luck with your new F-150. My buddies '07 4x4 5.4L has been really good to him, hope yours is the same to you!

Just my $.02 YMMV! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Does it really matter what someone else says about brand X or Y or Z. Nope. Drive what you want, let others drive what appeals to them. No amount of he said, she said is going to change someones mind when it is made up. Personaly I find the vehicle that suits my needs the best and buy it, matters not what stupid emblem is on the grill.

That said the most reliable refuse to die vehicle I have ever owned, and still own, is a 1975 1/2 ton International with a 345 V8. The odometer broke at 642,XXX. International was THE heavy duty, for thase that used them, before the city folks made the HD badge popular.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.