Hop To
Page 134 of 150 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 149 150
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I did my best.

You did and I'm sorry. My guy appreciates y'all not stoning me for cancelling, though.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feel somewhat rested now smile. Left at 2:30 pm eastern yesterday & rolled into my driveway at 8:15 am this morning after making it through Atlanta rush hour.
Here's part of my little photo essay......

Started with some Waaaayyyy overpenetration on the way to the ranch.
Caliber: Cummins TSX.
MV: 80 mph.
Penetration: Somewhere between 100-1200 miles.
Meat not salvagable smile
[Linked Image]
The Blue Tape room....
[Linked Image]
Dr. Livingstone, aka DVDGeorge (Dan).
[Linked Image]
Pat was right smile. Telegraph Tx.....
[Linked Image]
The entrance...
[Linked Image]
Another total TSX failure, waaayyyyyyy overpenetrated........
[Linked Image]
Some jackass put blue tape on my barrel & look what happened..
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0084.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0085.jpg[/img]
Group pic......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0083.jpg[/img]
A modest meal smile
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0069.jpg[/img]
Gotta love those Tx speed limits...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0043.jpg[/img]
Rockchucker with his nice Axis doe.......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/alank/IMG_0057.jpg[/img]

Last edited by badger; 05/24/10.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks like it was a helluva!!! time....gotta to learn to say no to the job every once and awhile...cannot miss the next one.

Jealous...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dang, I'm still tired. I wonder if the Bob's made it home alive?

Last edited by ltppowell; 05/24/10.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heard from Bart?

Was thinking that this was one of the best weekends I can remember with regard to the people I met for the first time. Sure would have liked to have met more Campfire members that couldn't make it. Lots of fine folks here. Must be something about the hunting & shooting fraternity that brings out the good in people.

I did feel somewhat outnumbered, me being the only African-American redneck there.........

Last edited by badger; 05/24/10.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Dang, I'm still tired.

I wasn't gonna admit it but since you're the first...

I'm still tired too. Usually on late night calling excursions and trotline checking I sleep in. I didn't want to miss the fun this weekend though.

Worth every bit of sleep I'll never get back.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bart's alive...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Pat.....A+,bro.

Been home for a bit over and hour and was near finished a long-assed story with my observations when my daughter's 4 pound POS yorkie jumped up on me a deleted the whole damn thing.

What a great time Pat and me and my son appreciated being asked to be a part of it.

What a fantastic group of fine,decent men and women.

Doc...good morning! A real pleasure,buddy. It was good getting to learn more about your most interesting life.

Teri...how many varmints did you knock down,doll? You and Okie were every bit and more of what the folks from the Raton gathering said about you both. It was a real pleasure.

GregW...you rule, dude. I couldn't have broke my varminting cherry with a nicer guy. Thank you so much for what you did for me and my boy. I owe you one.

Texas270...I learned much from you that morning you were with me and my son on that axis hunt. Another pleasure and you might be proof positive that the coppers ain't got nothin' over the firefighters.Thanks for the education.

RockChucker...The 24's new Paul Bunyon! Bobby, you and your friend Dave were fantastic company and it was a pleasure to meet you both. You,Dave and Pat are proof positive that Good,decent LEOs are the rule,not the exception. I hope Dave signs up fgor the 24 soon. Steve NO...while on the subject of good cops, good job with your buffering posts the past few days. It wasn't lost on me.

Gordon/Bullshooter...enjoyed the deck chats and I especially appreciate the cigars and rub,Gordon.

Keith...I didn't think you could be more generous or kind from past invites and gestures but I was wrong. I bet you jumped head first into the first snow-bank you came to.

Cheyenne...Thanks for showing me that one can survive without a cell phone for 72 hours. I thought I was gonna need Jim to write me up a script. I respect and appreciate your outlook and style. You certainly taught me you can do it well and not be a slave to the office or technology. It was a real pleasure meeting both you and Keith,Constant.

Dan/Mike....great seeing you both again. Dan, thanks much for the triple cigar gift along with the carry case. Very kind but very normal for you. Debbie is a doll and your axis made Bobby not pull the trigger on his. He didn't mind having a smaller one...if only he wouldn't have not had to listen to your bragging rights on the way back to the airport..grin. Mike...always good seeing you,buddy. Hope December brings many of us back together for a gathering once again. You must have left quite early. Sorry I didn't have a chance to see you off.

badger (Allen) my 5am to 6am coofee hour chat with you was one I'll remember. You're an interesting man and it was a pleasure to meet you. I want that South African accent of yours for the courtroom.

ThomasMagnum...watching you as you spent that time with your sone brought back fine memories of 16 years ago for me. You really were much of what made this weekend one to remember for me as you had me reflecting back to when my son was that age and we shared these type weekends. If I may humbly offer one piece of advice it would be to cherish each and every moment such as you did this weekend. I woke up a week ago and instead of my son being 5 and by my side at 700 Springs, he was instead a college graduate and getting ready to take on his own life. Thanks for giving me the wonderful flashbacks,Tom.

Mark...Pat did very well working with you on this gig. I wouldn't hesitate making you my first call for setting up my next Texas hunt. Thanks for all you did for us,Mark.

Bart...what can I say,man. You and Pat are responsible for about 3 more laugh lines around my eyes and I feel guilty I didn't pay any cover charge. It was also very comforting to know that the both of you made it very easy for folks to realize you were not going die in your sleep.

Texas bug bites are 10 times worse than our Virginia bugs.

Thanks to Bart and Gordon and soon byc, I'll have enough gourmet rubs to last me the rest of the year.

Dana's lovely wife Teri can hunt schit talk with the very best of them. I took great joy in smoking her butt in the varmint shoot-out. What a doll she is,Dana...you're both very lucky.

Now I'm rambling and repeating myself after maybe 12 hours of sleep over 4 days.

Me and my boy had a blast and made life-long memories with the entire bunch of you.

Thanks to all of you for that.

PS...I'm too tired to edit.

Last edited by isaac; 05/24/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't see no bugs...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I missed Gordon giving you the rub too. smirk

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Texas bug bites are 10 times worse than our Virginia bugs.

Ain't nothing small in TX...

glad you had such a good time...like I said before....Jealous...looked like my kinda crowd

PS. Wife keeps telling me I am sweet...only ones who believe her are the damn TX mosquitos...just sayin

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I couldn't see them either but my belly and legs sure did. I was testing out some Africa hunt gear and I think they got up my pants leg and inside my shirt button areas when Bobby,Chase and I were still hunting that 32 inch axis for 2 hours.

No complaints though,just itchy reminders of 24 hours ago.

Last edited by isaac; 05/24/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Leroy...I wanted to dedicate a single post for you. I will just simply say you do Canada proud. I was proud to call you a neighbor after 24 hours and a friend by the time you left.

I quietly learned much from you in our short time together and you and your family will be in mine and Bobby's thoughts much of this coming week.

Safe travels,Leroy. You're welcome in my home anytime!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hear, hear! A true pleasure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never been in better company than this weekend. Very cool to put faces and names to usernames. I can't wait til the next one in Saratoga. You are all invited!

We had a hell of a drive back. Big storm north of Hartley TX. LeRoy played storm chaser and got within 600 yds of a Texas Twister near Texline. We ran into a whopper of a hail storm north of Clayton NM. No use in stopping and getting beat to death so we drove through it. No damage other than to the radiator fins getting flattened out. Got home today around 2 PM. Drove through a Wyoming hurricane from Cheyenne to Douglas. There was a tractor trailer rig blown over near MP 42 on I25. And a Mustang that had been blown off and rolled north of Wheatland. Too nasty out to get pics. Traffic had stopped and were helping the driver crawl out of the rig. It was raining, hailing and blowing about 70+ mph I would guess.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By the way it is a heavenly 45� F here right now! smile

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The only thing I would change is I wish I could have spent more time with some of the group.

Naturally because of the large group and everyone going different ways hunting there is a few you don't get to talk to as much as you'd like.

This is NOT a complaint, but meant as a compliment to everyone there.

Only solution to this is to do it again sometime! grin

Again it was a real pleasure getting to meet all of you.

isaac, we'll get Bobby an axis next year!

Bill

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had to say who I enjoyed being around the most it would be the camp cook Teresa(I hope that's her name).... grin
She was a killer cook and an awesome person to hang around with. Pat and I embarrassed the hell out of her when he was cooking crawfish.... The three of us are standing there and Pat ask me if I noticed her eyes... I said hell yes...They're beautiful...
She blushed... I couldn't believe we got that West Texas girl like that... She does have beautiful eyes and was a delight....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was my pleasure to meet all of you! I hope some of you can make it to Saratoga, WY on June 11 -13!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tx270
The only thing I would change is I wish I could have spent more time with some of the group.

I know what you mean... The cool thing was that everyone was approachable and you couldn't find a friendlier bunch...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 134 of 150 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,146
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.