Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 136 of 150 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 149 150
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DavidHauck
My first reply great... How was your flight home Bob ?
I'd call you a homo but you ain't been on long enough yet... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

D
D
I should of known youd be out there ....... SCOOBY DOOOOOOOOO

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey fellas its Dave I told you guys I was going to join this is my first post so I better make it a good one. To everyone who took part in the hunt I thank you, I enjoyed myself more than you could imagine.... the people,the food,the beer and the land made for a weekend I'll never forget THANK YOU...Dave

Welcome to the Fire!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

================

Delta routed us through Detroit. I texted Les and told him I bought a Lions T-Shirt and when I tried to flush it, the toilet spit it back out. He then reminded me of who the lions beat and it took the wind out of my sails.

I'm glad you're on the 24 Dave. You're definitiely one of the good guys.

Be safe out on those streets,man!

Good night,gang. I'm pleasantly dead tired and need to fade.

Thanks again to all. It was one for the memory books!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
D
round trip ticket to Texas $ 325
rental car $ 250
hunt $ 650
OVER PENETRATION $ PRICELESS

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
rental car $ 250
hunt $ 650

you puss, what happened to brokedickrick ?

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rental car $ 250
hunt $ 650

I dig that... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac

Delta routed us through Detroit. I texted Les and told him I bought a Lions T-Shirt and when I tried to flush it, the toilet spit it back out. He then reminded me of who the lions beat and it took the wind out of my sails.

Halloween 2010

Skins @ Lions

I'm willing to place the bet NOW! Skins win!

Les is living in the past Bob!

Last edited by byc; 05/24/10.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rental car $ 250
hunt $ 650

Thats what that nutria said......

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I should of known youd be out there ....... SCOOBY DOOOOOOOOO

The Force is strong in this young one!
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac

================

I'm glad you're on the 24 Dave. You're definitiely one of the good guys.

Be safe out on those streets,man!

Good night,gang. I'm pleasantly dead tired and need to fade.

Thanks again to all. It was one for the memory books!

Dude you got to fly home.....we did too but it was sort of low level map of the earth type stuff. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After thinking about the whole experience for a couple of hours, all I can say is that it was an honor to be in the company of such a nice, intelligent, talented, diverse and funny group of individuals! Each individual conversation, impromptu group discussion, pickup truck ride, meal, and after dinner BS session was a pleasure and worth the effort to get there.

The night in San Antonio allowed a nice meet and greet along the Riverwalk. We also got to sit at the bar and meet new friends before breaking off for some after parties. The ranch venue, with its sprawling lawn and panoramic views, was relaxing and conducive to good conversation. My cell phone did not work there and time stood still for a couple of days.

As for the hunt, I went to visit with friends I had not seen in person, not to hunt. I may have popped a small tasty looking pig, but I generally consider them to be vile, filthy animals and only slightly better than pit bulls. The guides worked VERY hard to provide a good time. If it walked, flew or swam, and was legal, we were offered the opportunity, if not encouraged, to take a shot. To see two truckloads of people getting excited over getting a shot at a nutria was a trip.

I�d goof up if I tried to go through every person with Bob�s level of detail, so I will only say a big thanks to Pat for putting this together, to Pat and Bart for their culinary talents, and to Keith for the good conversation during the long drives.

I also want to give a big thanks to RickBin for creating a place where people from all over the world, from all walks of life, and at different stages of life�s journey, can be friends long before they get to shake hands in person.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
D
D
That nutria was 50 ft. tall , at least I thought so..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rental car $ 250
hunt $ 650

Dude, that was overpenetration plus field dressing and quartering. Where can I get some of that ammo?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I didn't see no bugs...

Bart had chiggers. I didn't see 'em, but he told me so, and being an experienced medical man, I believe him.

Oh, and he did have a vintage 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk 357 Magnum, which I did see and was really quite a beautiful revolver.

But to be honest, I declined to see his chiggers.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That nutria was 50 ft. tall , at least I thought so..

The back half of it, which was the only part still above the weedbed after you cut it in half (what the hell caliber howitzer was you shootin', junior?) was twenty-seven-point-four feet long, according Kim & me's best guess from back at the truck. Of course, all we had to measure with was our beer cans, but using state of the art triangulation methods, that'll do.

Yer just lucky we didn't let Bobby loose on it with his knife while you was lining up the shot. He prolly woulda spanged that bullet right back at ya with the dull side of his Benchmade and caused you permanent injury.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
After thinking about the whole experience for a couple of hours, all I can say is that it was an honor to be in the company of such a nice, intelligent, talented, diverse and funny group of individuals! Each individual conversation, impromptu group discussion, pickup truck ride, meal, and after dinner BS session was a pleasure and worth the effort to get there.

The night in San Antonio allowed a nice meet and greet along the Riverwalk. We also got to sit at the bar and meet new friends before breaking off for some after parties. The ranch venue, with its sprawling lawn and panoramic views, was relaxing and conducive to good conversation. My cell phone did not work there and time stood still for a couple of days.

As for the hunt, I went to visit with friends I had not seen in person, not to hunt. I may have popped a small tasty looking pig, but I generally consider them to be vile, filthy animals and only slightly better than pit bulls. The guides worked VERY hard to provide a good time. If it walked, flew or swam, and was legal, we were offered the opportunity, if not encouraged, to take a shot. To see two truckloads of people getting excited over getting a shot at a nutria was a trip.

I�d goof up if I tried to go through every person with Bob�s level of detail, so I will only say a big thanks to Pat for putting this together, to Pat and Bart for their culinary talents, and to Keith for the good conversation during the long drives.

I also want to give a big thanks to RickBin for creating a place where people from all over the world, from all walks of life, and at different stages of life�s journey, can be friends long before they get to shake hands in person.

Dang I wish I was that eloquent.....

Constant I couldn't have had a better navigator!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Dang I wish I was that eloquent.....

Constant I couldn't have had a better navigator!

That was indeed eloquent and couldn't agree more. Teri has been looking at the pics and giggling since we got home. She is ready to go again!!! (me too)

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to hear more about this knife Bobby used on the pig.....what kind of moly coated premium knife was used.

I always figured my Cold steel Bushranger would make a fine pigsticker......maybe from horseback like back in the Raj.

BTW.....if anybody wants to shoot a bunch of nutria, come on down to LA. They may be a little oily, but we got plenty of them.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know 2 Missouri boys who probably will be knocking on your door next weekend.

Page 136 of 150 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 9 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,393
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.