-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 138 of 150 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 149 150
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man thats wild. We get similar stuff here in the desert washes when the monsoons come.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess that explains the design of some of the "water level" bridges we crossed. There's nothing to wash out.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I guess that explains the design of some of the "water level" bridges we crossed. There's nothing to wash out.

That's how I interpreted it, looking at those water level markers showing how many feet above the road surface the water could be expected to rise... 5 to 9 feet, depending on the crossing!

Keith the road engineer oughta be able to e'splain it to us, Lucy.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well folks, (you two Bart!), I made it home.
Will post pics and comments later.

I just want to reiterate what Constant posted for me.

As y'all know, my daughter was on here lookin for me. And as suspected, it was bad news.

My "baby" sister passed at the age of 48. She has been ill of health for the last 10 or 12 years, but this was not expected.

Y'all helped me when I needed it, in your own way, and just the right amount without being "weird" about it.
You can never know how much I appreciate what you did for me.

So, I have a few things to tend to, then I will tell the REAL story of Paul BUNION and the twenty five pound baby wink

But I have to apologize to Cheyenne and Bart for walkin in on their "goodbyes"........I had to keep a gun on Bart so he would keep his blanket on wink

Later....

If guns kill people.....mine must be defective.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

==============

All I'm thinking is if the flash flood happened 30 hours earlier there wouldn't be half a nutria floating by the camp parking lot.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket

That's how I interpreted it, looking at those water level markers showing how many feet above the road surface the water could be expected to rise... 5 to 9 feet, depending on the crossing!

Keith the road engineer oughta be able to e'splain it to us, Lucy.

Low water crossings. Culverts and bridges wash out....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, we did discuss that, so I should have given you the credit. Sorry.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No sorry necessary....no worries here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That second to last paragraph just don't sound right.

Glad you made it home OK.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I stayed Sunday night at the ranch; Kim volunteered to haul me out to the Bambi blind for a last attempt. No piggies.

I left 7 am Monday, did 875 miles to Kearney (J. James born there) for the evening. Then today, 760 more miles to the Keweenaw Peninsula, arriving home an hour ago. Total round-trip distance: 3384 miles. Leroy, who did 6-700 more than that, apparently has an iron bottom.

Eleven of the Point brews survived the weekend; Canadian beer is stiff competition.

The blue tape looked pretty spiffy on that line-up of barrels, don't you think?

--Bob

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
did you get your axis bob?

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BullShooter

I stayed Sunday night at the ranch; Kim volunteered to haul me out to the Bambi blind for a last attempt. No piggies.

I left 7 am Monday, did 875 miles to Kearney (J. James born there) for the evening. Then today, 760 more miles to the Keweenaw Peninsula, arriving home an hour ago. Total round-trip distance: 3384 miles. Leroy, who did 6-700 more than that, apparently has an iron bottom.

Eleven of the Point brews survived the weekend; Canadian beer is stiff competition.

The blue tape looked pretty spiffy on that line-up of barrels, don't you think?

--Bob

Bob very pleased to meet you. Thank you for that bringing that Point Beer. That Black Ale was the best IMHO!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
72 hours ago I was with 20 great folks, hunting and having the time of my life and now, at 2pm, I get to fight over which parent gets 3 teenagers for lake vacations at the ex-in-law's lake homes.

Who the heck fights over having to baby sit 3 teenagers over a long,fun-filled weekend these days? I wouldn't pay a lawyer for that fight. "You want them, they be all yours,baby" Bye-Bye!

I wanna go back to Texas,dammit! I hope my son goes to school there.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by isaac

I wanna go back to Texas,dammit! I hope my son goes to school there.

I think we about had him talked into it by the end of Saturday's ride grin.

Of course you'll have to keep an eye on him, first thing you know, you won't be able to reach at the University. You'll track him down to some big ranch like 700 Springs where he hired on guiding hunters full time laugh!

Bill

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Unfortunately my Ex would Bob....Again great seeing some old friends and meeting new ones...Was the best weekend in a long while....we have some thing special here incase any didn't realize that already!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Bill...I think you may be right. Our talk and his memory of Coyote Ugly with Teri's son,Ryan,helped.

Such a great trip that I saw pass by in seconds rather than hours. I think on my next trip I may just socialize with the gang rather than the hunting from 6am till 830 or 4am should you be a lucky GregW lottery winner.

I never thought I'd get into the axis and varmint hunting the way I did. That varmint hunting and the education GregW gave me truly blew me away;it was that cool. I also went in thinking axis would be unchallenging and unrewarding. I was dead wrong. Those axis are every bit as way as deer and more difficult to pattern, at least for me.

Thanks again for that 3 hours of hunting and chatting,Bill. Seeing those huge Toms in full strut from 400 yards away with those Leicas of yours is still a vivid picture in my mind.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
we have some thing special here incase any didn't realize that already!
==============

Yep...as far as the 24 goes for some, it really has become quite the opposite of "It's just da' innanet"

William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just make sure its A&M, you won't recognize him if he goes to UTA after a year. laugh

It sure was good seeing all of you again, and meeting all of you that I have never met in person before. Super group of guys. I look forward to doing it again.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Take care of your bees Mike...

I enjoyed hearing you chat about them.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Take care of your bees Mike...

I enjoyed hearing you chat about them.

And stay out of the poison ivy!

Page 138 of 150 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,056
Posts18,482,343
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.