Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 148 of 150 1 2 146 147 148 149 150
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Nope nor a pig....but I know they are there

I saw lots of deer, rabbits and one pig kill.
Going to get a pig someday in the future.

OH, saw some big fish. Pat and Greg are the real deal in fishing, never gave up. I didn't start, just watched and gave unstilted advice.
Was interesting to watch the SIL of the owner pull the fish from the cooler and place them back into the river, never said a thing. Course we were the customer.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey folks!

Just checkin posts for a bit. Memorial is tomorrow.
Also found out when I got home from the hunt, one of my cousins sons was killed in a truck rollover last Friday. Chitty.

Anyway--Bob, my wife wqas bit by a brown recluse. 14 operations later, she is missing a chunk out of her left calf as big and as thick as my hand. She never felt a thing either!
Am at Moms or I would post a couple pics---FUGLY!
DON'T SCREW WITH IT!!!!!

I never got bit either. Never even unpacked my 100 dollar gaiters. But I ain't complainin wink

My grandson is already planning next years trip to Texas. Doesn't want his Mom to come as "she will just be in the way!".

Odds are 60/40 that I will make it to Saratoga/Jack Creek on the 11th.

Later....

If guns kill people.....mine must be defective.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We'll have the next Tennessee pig hunt to put on the calendar if interested, as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by isaac
We'll have the next Tennessee pig hunt to put on the calendar if interested, as well.

Bob, when will you be posting the dates?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tom264
Scabies?

DAMN YOU! Now I got the psychological itchies!! I HATE them frickin' things, got exposed to them several times as a Deputy/Paramedic.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by isaac

Bob, when will you be posting the dates?

George

============

By Tuesday of next week OK by you guys?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You're the boss grin .

None of my guys' wives are knocked up at this point so the world is my oyster. I'm working like a dog now so I can go back to "normal" weeks and hunt the schit out of everything when Sept. rolls around.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well Bob are they any better? If not ya better do something. The Brown Recluse thing is another thought, friend had one bit her on the top of the thigh and even with pretty fast treatment (within 2 days of the bite) ended up with a crater scar the size of a 50 cent piece.

My Grandma used to douse chigger bites with Lysol, the concentrated stuff that came in the little brown glass bottle, not the stuff for floors in the big bottle they sell now days. I will have to see if it is still available. For ticks she would pour a couple ounces in a tub of hot water and make me sit/lay in it, worked too.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes Terry...thanks for asking. Itching and swelling has decrease3d and so has the swelling. Still scabbed over but, with recluse spiders, the skin deterioration and breakdown would have been grapefruit sized by now,right?

Just bites from some Texas biting bugs which hung out by the nuclear power lines, I guess.

Lesson learned!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here is the stuff am talking about, supposed to be available in grocery store & wally-mart. I will look for some myself, great stuff.

http://www.wards5and10.com/ly12ozlidico.html

Old cat turd!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yessir, by this time you would have some necrosis showing up big time with a Recluse bite.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bob....
how's the bites? What remedy did you use? Hope all else is well with you and Jr.!

Memorial today--and of course, snowing in Wainwright!

Thanks again, folks, for all your support!

Later....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Benadry anti-itch spray and ammonia before I hit the sack. Itch is gone but reminders are still there.

Thanks for asking.

I hope you and your family are coping well. Your family have been in my thoughts.

Last edited by isaac; 05/29/10.

William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Apparently you bet that you wouldn't pull through.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My Steelhead callouses are thick. You're a lock for some Vegas twins tonight.

William Arthur Ward

D
D
HEY ALL, HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. LEROY A SPECIAL HELLO GOES OUT TO YOU AND ALL YOURS. TRYING TIMES BRING FAMILY AND FRIENDS CLOSER TOGETHER......THINKING OF YOU.....TO EVERY ONE ELSE IM NOT THINKING OF YOU....HA HA BY FOR NOW

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by DocRocket
It was a damn fine huntin' weekend, and those who wussed outta it should be busier than a one-legged man in a azz-kickin' contest for a good long time (not that I would name names, of course... okay, Les).

It was hot & windy, so we didn't see or kill as many pigs as we might have otherwise, but we sure as hell ate like pigs, and we did kill a few beers. Bart & Pat cooked up some su-PERB vittles. Couple of the boys got Axis bucks (beautiful trophies, IMHO), and some of us collected some porcine protein, but it was mostly just a good time with the dang friendliest bunch of people I've got together with in a while. (Including Yours Truly, although there might be some who will allege otherwise, such as on Saturday morning, when I allegedly uttered some cantankerisms, but in my defense, my serum caffeine titre was seriously low there for a bit, and I ain't admitting ANYTHING on advice of my attorney, Isaac, who pre-paid his inevitable losing 2010 college football bullet bets to many of us to save on UPS charges come fall...) Bart & Pat channelled each other's cousins and kept the rest of us in stitches around the cigar fire, er, I mean the campfire not to mention cooking some amazing meals, as previously mentioned.

There was ZERO cell phone service, which was a blessing for those of us who are cursed to live at the whim of the Electronic Leash. Pat & me had a couple good conversations about that. We pretty much figured out that everyone there has ADHD, except maybe Terry, who is that lovely red-headed gal a couple pages back posing with her pig & her rifle. Bobby was the hero of the weekend, but I'll leave that story to others closer to the action.

Just got back to San Antone, myself... I took the long way back, down thru Rocksprings and Del Rio. I've wanted to see Del Rio since I first read a biography of Judge Roy Bean back in the day and McCarthy's "No Country for Old Men" several years ago. One more item off the Bucket List.

That hill country on Hwy 55 south toward Uvalde is simply breathtaking. I had no idea. Then I took a "shortcut" across to Brackettville after getting directions from a couple nice fellows in green fatigues at a Border Patrol checkpoint (they had a beautiful German Shepherd sniffer dog who thought the leftover greasy roadside fried chicken I'd bought in Rocksprings smelled as good as cocaine, but in the end he proved to be a sucker for the dog biscuits I had with me, as long as his Boss was the one that fed 'em to him), switchbacked to Del Rio, and tooled around a bit. No cell phone service the whole way until I hit Hwy 90, which got a bit eerie after about 60 miles of not seeing another vehicle, person, horse, or cow in that lovely open country. Saw a lot of Border Patrol guys workin' hard outside of that lonely stretch, though, which was nice to see.

Had a cup of coffee and an ice cream cone while contemplating Judge Roy Bean's gravesite in Del Rio, which I thought was an appropriate way to end the weekend. I expect the ol' Judge would've fit in pretty well with the 'Fire crowd that assembled in Telegraph, Texas, this past weekend. Or maybe it was us that would've fit in well with the Judge.

Got home last night after my LE conference in San Antone. Had a lovely day down on the Riverwalk on Saturday, drank some Margaritas, ate some sea-bugs (shrimps) and some Texas BBQ, and then made the long flight home yesterday. Got home to find son & dawg hadn't killed each other (actually got on quite well, it appears!), the lawn mowed, the garbage took out, and my 270 Wizzum on the front porch waiting for me.

All in all, a fine Texas Ten-Day extravaganza for me.

Oh, and in case you wondered, Bob, no bites on me...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to hear ya made it home safe and sound my friend!

Later...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
glad to here you made it home ok. you too leroy

FJB
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Glad you made it home on one peice Doc.

Page 148 of 150 1 2 146 147 148 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,057
Posts18,482,363
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.