Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
3/8''-1/2" groups at 100yds over the hood with cheap ammo! That is just too funny!
Butch

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anytime anyone is in Eastern, SD they're more than welcome to come shoot it. Now there isn't a whole lot of days the wind isn't blowing, so that's up to mother nature.

You may call me a lot of things, but anyone that's known me in my 36 years has never been able to call me a liar.

Life is just one damned thing after another
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not calling you a liar. I just want to see it. I believe I have friends that aren't too far away. How about they bring a target with 5 bulls on it. You set up at 100yds and shoot however you want across the hood with bulk ammo. I will give you bragging rights and $200 if you are able to do it. That is a fair offer isn't it?
Butch

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I would like to see it myself and I'll throw in some coin also.
Bulk ammo just throws to many fliers. Forget about the shooter, rifle, wind and rest.

Last edited by battue; 06/11/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cal74, read this thread on the Accurate Reloading forum. These groups were shot on a good rest in a tunnel with a $4000. rifle. As you will see most groups are around .800-1.00" Also top ammo was used. I will post another link of the testing they did with a Blieker rifle]$8,000]and with the top ammo in the World.
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8711043/m/8751068231
They changed ammo and the groups got smaller, about .562 average. Remember this is in a tunnel with the Worlds best ammo.
The next thread is of photos of the Blieker's targets. The group sizes are not measured correctly, but you can see what a $8000 rifle can do in a tunnel.
http://www.accuratereloading.com/2009/bl100.html
Butch

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fyshbum
CZ all the way with the criteria you are looking for. Although I love my Winchester 52 !! It was $375.00 when I got it about 15 years ago. There were a few rifles that came through the shop just like levrluvr describes. One was a MAS .22 that was a true one holer at 50 yards. I had a mauser WWII .22 trainer that was very accurate as well. Others in no particular order were: Remington 540/541, Remington 581, BRNO models 1,2,3,4, Winchester 75's. We used to host .22 benchrest matches at the shop in South Carolina so we saw some pretty interesting good shooting rifles.

Glad you mentioned the MAS. I've got one that I've had for many years that is a bullet stacker. Don't think it'll do 3/8" at a hundred. That's mighy good shooting with bulk stuff and I would love to see it..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've done it on two occasions with this rifle, I'm far from the best shot or even close to being a bench rest shooter. Have a crappy set-up, but usually it makes do.

Normally I'm more than happy if I can get a 1" group from any rifle and once I get something sighted in that's about the only target shooting I do, I enjoy shooting in the field more.

In this instance with a .22 no less I would have been bragging if I had shot a couple 1" groups. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm not putting any money up, but would be more than happy to take some if the stars are aligned and mother nature is cooperative once again. I'm out of town every weekend until July 24th as of now, but other than Wednesday nights I'm not to far away during the week and usually done with work by 4:00.

1st time sighting it in, my last two groups. Federal Bulk 510

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On a different note I had a 3 digit (#456 I think) Winchester repro 52 back when they were reintroduced. Decent wood, never did shoot it and stupidly sold it help fund a snowmobile.

Want to say I paid around 400.00 ish for it? Last year I called the guy (Dr.) who I sold it to and see if he still had it. I know he would have sold it back for what he bought it from me for, but he'd just finally traded it in the year before... STUPID STUPID STUPID on my part.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
how many times have I puled that same dummmmb trick sick

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Some comments from a BR rimfire competition forum...

Snidely Registered User

Well i have a great Model 4 CZ. Got 1/2 inch, 3/8 and 1/4 with Wolf, Master and Midas in that order. (best groups, 5 shots))
Course i was using full benchrest gear, 36X scope, Hart rest and wind flags.
Since it was 50 YARDS and great conditions maybe I'd better not compete against that guy.
HEH HEH

Another post.

That's reasonable at 50 yds for the CZ. Dead Calm.

Butch

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Cal74 your my hero. I can't do that good with match ammo. And a good rest. Maybe my guns(like me) are just getting too old. I'm a fan of the older Winchesters. Got two 52's, a 75 Target, 69A Target, 60A Target, and a few other assorted 22's. I know there are better shots than me, though.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Can't go wrong with cz.
my old 510 targetmaster will suprise you also

IF grasshoppers carried 45's Big birds wouldn't fool with them Guns are like jello, theres always room for more!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please re-read my post. I bought it for $375.00 fifteen years ago, 1994-95. It was sitting on the rack in a little gun store in Socastee, S.C. Admittedly a steal even then.
Fyshbum

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just in case you haven't bought one yet. There is a BRNO #1 on Gunbroker right now in 95% condition for $385.00. Really nice rifle. Very light and usually real tack drivers with good triggers. This is the lightest in the BRNO numbered series. It makes a great squirrel/rabbit walking rifle. You don't even realize you are carrying it till you need it. I unfortunately sold mine off many years ago for another project. DUH!!!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
Remington 541...Or Winchester 52....

Please tell me where I can buy 52's for under 400.00 or even close to that so I can stock up.

If you keep your eyes open on the used market they come up every few months....

I paid $375 for my 541-T a couple years ago.

I passed on a NEW IN BOX 541 for $500 a couple months ago here in Canada that had come from an estate sale because I already had too many goodies on the way.....And my girlfriend picked up a winnie mod52 with like new wood (admittedly it does have a stainless Pac Nor barrel on it) last year for $400. Although the only reason she bought it was because it was the next one off the production line after the one she already has....Sequential serial numbers seemed funny to her so she snagged it. Might have to put a scope on it sometime and see how it shoots. Should make a nice knock around truck gun.......grin

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can your girlfriend talk to my wife? so far she does not have any humor when it comes to "funny/cool" stuff. The conversation usually goes "Honey look it's a ... The eyes role, the head shakes, and I get the " Come on honey lets keep moving" jesture. Although she is remarkably tolerant of my outdoor misadventures.
That 52 ought to be a real tack driver...for a truck gun!
Brian

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Laffin'

Dunno, maybe....Although, I kinda hit the jackpot there with that one....She came equipped already with a whack of high class rifles and airguns.....A lot of annies and feinwerkbau stuff.

And she's pretty good with picking up hints......grin
"oh, thats a really good deal on that rifle? Ok, maybe we should buy it."

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
finally bit the bullet and dove in, picked up a CZ 452 trainer yesterday and a fair selection of ammo, have to take it out this weekend and see what it likes and what it can do... thanks for all the input folks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good choice. Let us know how it goes.

Brian

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RugerDude
finally bit the bullet and dove in, picked up a CZ 452 trainer yesterday and a fair selection of ammo, have to take it out this weekend and see what it likes and what it can do... thanks for all the input folks.

Great choice and have fun. Every CZ rimfire I've shot I have been pleased with.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,789
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.