Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A politician, any politician, can do nothing until and unless he is elected. To vote for someone who has little or no chance of being elected is stupid. You might just as well be wasting your time blathering on this and other forums.

If you don't like the candidates sent up by either party then it is up to you and yours to make sure strong candidates that carry your beliefs are incubated and nurtured from local level to national level.

Voting your favorite whiz-bang who has no chance of winning high office is like hunting moose with a BB gun. It's annoys the moose and wastes your time.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by isaac
So is losing to the dem candidate.

On that note, the WaPo is reporting that Harry Reid is now favored for reelection because the flake who managed to win the GOP primary has so much loony material in her background and platform that Dingy Harry will be able to pull it out.

I guess that's what you call standing for principle, if your priciple is to reelect Harry.

Steve..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...tions/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate

Sharron Angle, following her come-from-behind Republican Primary win Tuesday, has bounced to an 11-point lead over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in Nevada�s closely-watched U.S. Senate race.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
A politician, any politician, can do nothing until and unless he is elected. To vote for someone who has little or no chance of being elected is stupid. You might just as well be wasting your time blathering on this and other forums.

If you don't like the candidates sent up by either party then it is up to you and yours to make sure strong candidates that carry your beliefs are incubated and nurtured from local level to national level.

Voting your favorite whiz-bang who has no chance of winning high office is like hunting moose with a BB gun. It's annoys the moose and wastes your time.
Your state is dammed near bankrupt, you can't own nearly the variety of guns that I, a Kansas hick, can, your largest cities are cesspools of vice and corruption-not to mention "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens...I guess your sellout/compromise political philosophy is working really well. Please get in line behind JeffO to kiss my asss.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
This may be the year where the RINO supporters have to put their money where their mouths are. They wailed and howled for support of the worthless POS McCain in '08. Now, they can choose to sit out, vote for Tea Party types or go full dem, instead of dem light.

We'll see if McCain wins the primary in AZ, but the RINOs have a choice to make in Nevada. They can do what they accuse non-RINO supporters of doing, or suck it up and knock Harry's dick in the dirt... Interesting times.

On the NRA note, the fact that only around 10% of the members eligible to vote, did. This apathy is embarrassing and also what just re-elected a guy like Joaquin Jackson to the Board and also support Harry in Nevada. The whiners who are not NRA members are bad enough, but to not even vote in the BOD elections when you are eligible to vote is just stunning..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by isaac
So is losing to the dem candidate.

On that note, the WaPo is reporting that Harry Reid is now favored for reelection because the flake who managed to win the GOP primary has so much loony material in her background and platform that Dingy Harry will be able to pull it out.

I guess that's what you call standing for principle, if your priciple is to reelect Harry.

Steve..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...tions/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate

Sharron Angle, following her come-from-behind Republican Primary win Tuesday, has bounced to an 11-point lead over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in Nevada�s closely-watched U.S. Senate race.

hope to hell she can hold that lead....the demise of Harry Reid is one of the big celebrations I'm looking forward to on election night. one hopes Dana Milbank was just doing some leftie projecting in the WaPo.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oulufinn
This may be the year where the RINO supporters have to put their money where their mouths are. They wailed and howled for support of the worthless POS McCain in '08. Now, they can choose to sit out, vote for Tea Party types or go full dem, instead of dem light.

We'll see if McCain wins the primary in AZ, but the RINOs have a choice to make in Nevada. They can do what they accuse non-RINO supporters of doing, or suck it up and knock Harry's dick in the dirt... Interesting times.

On the NRA note, the fact that only around 10% of the members eligible to vote, did. This apathy is embarrassing and also what just re-elected a guy like Joaquin Jackson to the Board and also support Harry in Nevada. The whiners who are not NRA members are bad enough, but to not even vote in the BOD elections when you are eligible to vote is just stunning..
Spot-on. Let's see the RINO's pony up now. For years they've been telling us to take it for the good of conservativism. Now we've got some real conservative candidates so as you say, let's see who is who.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you single out just one member of Congress who symbolizes all that is wrong with the Republican party, it would *have* to be McCain.
Big +1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For McCain to receive support from any pro-gun organization is sad and cause for concern.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
At best, what the NRA should have done is endorse Hayworth for the primary, and if he still lost to McCain then NRA could have endorsed McCain over his Dem opponent.

But to endorse McCain from the start... they're selling out every NRA member.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rasmussen's site states it will come out later today with the polling head to head numbers for both McCain and Hayworth versus the likely dem challenger(Glassman). I'm thinking both GOP candidates will poll higher but it will be interesting to verify.

By chance,if anyone is loitering over on Rasmussen and they happen to stumble upon it, kindly post it,please.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Your state is dammed near bankrupt, you can't own nearly the variety of guns that I, a Kansas hick, can, your largest cities are cesspools of vice and corruption-not to mention "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens...I guess your sellout/compromise political philosophy is working really well. Please get in line behind JeffO to kiss my asss.

I have no argument with anything you wrote about California. In fact I heartily agree with everything you say. However nothing you said negates the truth of my statement. It would better serve the purpose of civil discussion if you would concentrate on intelligent rejoinder instead of begging to have your unworthy ass kissed.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

I have no argument with anything you wrote about California. In fact I heartily agree with everything you say. However nothing you said negates the truth of my statement. It would better serve the purpose of civil discussion if you would concentrate on intelligent rejoinder instead of begging to have your unworthy ass kissed.

You mean he can't use the same retorts that your leftist politicians from the PRK that are undermining the Constitution and America?

Gee, that's telling...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

You mean he can't use the same retorts that your leftist politicians from the PRK that are undermining the Constitution and America?

Gee, that's telling...

Again, unresponsive to my statement.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You start out with a false premise, that Hayworth is unelectable. Everything after that is just so much white noise.

It is also true that at some point, voting for a politician such as McCain does not equate to the lesser of two evils, even if you believe in voting that way. The single biggest issue right now is that of immigration and McCain simply can't change his stripes on that with a couple of catchy slogans.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

In my opinion Hayworth is not electable, therefor I would go with McCain. He certainly was not my first choice in '08 and he ran a very weak and confused campaign evidenced by his VP choice and his reluctance to attack BHO. Nevertheless I supported him and voted for him and would do so again if I lived in Arizona.

If you think Hayworth is electable then you must support him. Have you donated to his campaign?

www.paracay.com

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why is Hayworth unelectable?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's my feeling that both McCain and Hayworth could defeat Glassman in November. Rasmussen is supposed to have out there most recent head to head polling numbers but they aren't,as yet.

Maybe there will be something in the polling analysis to shed some light as to who's the stronger candidate versus Glassman.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In my opinion Hayworth is not electable, therefor I would go with McCain. He certainly was not my first choice in '08 and he ran a very weak and confused campaign evidenced by his VP choice and his reluctance to attack BHO. Nevertheless I supported him and voted for him and would do so again if I lived in Arizona.

If you think Hayworth is electable then you must support him. Have you donated to his campaign?
You got the opinion part right and IMO your opinion is frickin' stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Why is Hayworth unelectable?
Because Palin and the NRA are supporting McClown.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Anyone have the recent polling numbers?

www.paracay.com

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (19rabbit52, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 3,161 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,627
Posts18,533,169
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.