Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Elf
That's a first production run of a Bark River. It's sweet for fish gutting etc.
I love Bark River knives. Great blades. I love the convex edges they put on their knives. I've go three of them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Elf
I love Bark River knives. Great blades. I love the convex edges they put on their knives. I've go three of them.

I'm gonna have to get me one!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm working as a volunteer up in the Santa Ana (CA) mtns. tomorrow, planting native plants in a burned area. I carry a machete in my backpack but often need an "in-between" blade bigger than my little Case penknife and smaller than the 'chete. So I'm carrying my Case "Moose" jacknife. Too big for everyday, but just right for sharpening small wood stakes, cutting grafts, cutting off nopal ("prickley pear" to you Gringos!) pads to plant, etc.

I've used Case knives for almost 60 years and see no reason to stop now. One that I still use I got for Christmas of 1951!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mine goes everywhere with me. Handy for all kinds of chores, light and flat in my pocket, sharp enough to gut three deer in a day. grin
http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php?xpage=itempage&xid=355

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Elf

I'm gonna have to get me one!
I once dropped one of my Bark River knives on a stone floor surface (clearly my negligence), and the tip bent back. I called them. They said send it to them, which I did, and they sent it back with a newly formed blade tip, i.e., they reshaped it so it had a tip again. You can't tell it was ever damaged. The blade's just a hair shorter. No charge other than shipping. They have a life time warranty. This damage clearly went beyond any reasonably expected coverage of that warranty, and they fixed it anyway. That kind of customer service deserves publicity.

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
Bark River Camping Knife.JPG (31.67 KB, 1996 downloads)
IC B2

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is my favorite knife though

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Elf

============

How many of these do you have?

[Linked Image]

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by Elf

============

How many of these do you have?

[Linked Image]
Only two. You?

Seriously, though, who makes that? I want one.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
None now,you wanted mine,remember?

Some who might be interested should Google "odd pocket knives". You'd be surprised what was out there,new and old.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
benchmade elishewitz pocket clip knife.

and no doc rocket it aint for sale smile

FJB
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rockchucker
benchmade elishewitz pocket clip knife.

and no doc rocket it aint for sale smile

Wouldn't dream of trying to pry it outta your fingers, buddy! As a fellow Benchmade aficionado, though, I do respect your choice of blades.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
ok as long as were clear on it smile

take care doc

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
a Shrade SP2,had it for years

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my pocket? A Victorinox of one sort or another. Have been for the past 32 years. I get too much use out of the other tools on a SAK to go with just a straight knife. Heck, one time while cycling in Big Sur, I wound up taking apart the carburetor of a VW Bug with my SAK. Literally pulled a small moth out of the primary jet. Put it all back together and the previously stranded motorist was on his way.

Scott

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't know if Cold Steel still makes these but they sharpen easy, hold an edge decent enough and are tough as hell for a folder.
[Linked Image]

I mostly carry a Pro-Tech Godfather nowadays though.

Travis

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Got a SOG Powerlock multi-tool on my belt on my weak side, plus a SOG Flash II in my weak side and strong side pockets. The blades on any of the three will shave you. A dull knife is like a rifle that won't shoot straight...not interested in either.

Many very nice choices listed above. I have a couple of nice knives, but seldom carry them and only use them for special occasions.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Today,as well as yesterday and tomorrow,I'm carrying an old very early Buck 301.It has the long nail pull on the master blade.I found it as I stepped down from the truck in the lot at the Petro in Effingham,Il,about this time 4 years ago.It's still tight,with no side wobble in any of the blades,has full blades,no cracks or chips in the handles.It has a few sharpening scratches on the blades.I picked it up and took it inside the knife shop on my way in to eat that evening asked the man if he'd seen it before,he said he hadn't.So I left it with him while I went to eat,when I returned he'd cleaned it and had it shaving sharp.I've carried it ever since,and it stays shaving sharp.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My trusty Gerber LST since 1987. Best pocket knife I've ever owned.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Spyderco CPM automatic. Little bigger than i usually carry but i like it. My everyday knife is a bone handled Case tiny trapper, small enough to fit in the coin pocket on a pair of jeans.

Last edited by Tim M; 06/13/10.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.