Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
ranger1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone have any idea when they are going to draw? Seems like they usually have it completed by now.

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
FWP says late June, whenever that is . . .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think those are next week. The antelope, deer "B" et al won't be until July 19th...which completely baffles me! We have to get them in by June 1st and they send us the tags two months later?

Most states take a week or two after the end of the application period...but this is just plain silly. I sorta need to know stuff a little sooner than that, sisnce I'm trying to plan my trips in the fall based on hunting seasons.

Frustrating, and with today's computer systems, completely unnecessary.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They're telling people to check on Monday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try owning a business here frown

And Montana wonders why were the 2nd lowest per capita income in the US [WTF?]

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We aren't that low Dan. BTW, I am pretty much guaranteed my sheep permit since I am sitting on max points. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtmiller
BTW, I am pretty much guaranteed my sheep permit since I am sitting on max points. laugh

I foresee a picture of you and Lewton being posted then... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We aren't that low Dan. BTW, I am pretty much guaranteed my sheep permit since I am sitting on max points. laugh

Thats funny right there!!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The finest points system out there brought to you by the MT FWP. When I paid over $200 just to by all my daughter's and my tags I told the lady at the FWP that sportsmen don't mind chipping in and covering cost. Hell, I'll go out and pay $50 for a good steak and whiskey now and then. But I sure won't go to McDonald's and pay $50 for a #3 value meal. I told her I felt like I just gave FWP $200 for a happy meal with a real crappy prize in it. LOL I keep holding off on the 500 unit tag because I have max points and I don't want to miss out on my Petty Creek sheep tag, Scenar are trying to tell me I am being unrealistic?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTW, I am pretty much guaranteed my sheep permit since I am sitting on max points. laugh

Shouldn't this response be posted in the Humor Section?

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

IC B3

ranger1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Max points - me, you, and 30,000 other guys. The upside to the points system is that a guy can draw on the first try if he's lucky. I know a kid that drew a breaks sheep tag on the second try... Killed a 180" ram too!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ovishunter
The finest points system out there brought to you by the MT FWP. When I paid over $200 just to by all my daughter's and my tags I told the lady at the FWP that sportsmen don't mind chipping in and covering cost. Hell, I'll go out and pay $50 for a good steak and whiskey now and then. But I sure won't go to McDonald's and pay $50 for a #3 value meal. I told her I felt like I just gave FWP $200 for a happy meal with a real crappy prize in it. LOL I keep holding off on the 500 unit tag because I have max points and I don't want to miss out on my Petty Creek sheep tag, Scenar are trying to tell me I am being unrealistic?

Ovis, Your luck cant be as bad as mine.....I'm 0 for 42 on sheep. I really wanted to see them square the points....Oh well.

I was helping a friend hunt rams in the Breaks last fall and there was a couple of younger guys also helping out. We were BS'ing about rams like all sheep nuts do and the topic of never drawing a ram permit came up. I told them that I was 40+ times putting in with no luck and one of them asked me if I had always put in for the breaks....I laughed and said, "When I started applying for sheep there werent sheep in the breaks yet." One of them asked, "Was that the homestead days?".....That hurt!!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

Now thats almost funnier...

I quit putting in for everything except sheep, which I've been putting in for since age 15. When I do draw one, I'll quit my job if thats what it takes to put one on the ground wink (I'm already seriously thinking about taking a job as Jack/Cook until end of November)

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Square the points? So we then have 30,000 people with exponetially more points? smile Your odds won't improve much at all. The points are just there to make you feel good, and make the F&G a few bucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rl11
They're telling people to check on Monday.

Yup, June 21 was what I was told.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by muledeer
Most states take a week or two after the end of the application period...but this is just plain silly.

Dennis

MT FWP sits on your money and mine and makes extra income... it's really that simple.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Before there were sheep in the breaks? Wow Unclue Scenar, please tell us the story about chasing t-rex's with a stick when you were a kid again! LOL I can remember when Petty Creek was the hot "new" area to put in for and Kish killed that monster and at least drew some attention away. I guess I won't complain if you have got 40 years into this. I only have 28.
Here is my idea on bonus points. You draw half the tags from the list with everyone's name on it. Then the other half is drawn out of those who only have the max points. In about 146 years I would be sure to get one! LOL
Dan, I am with you. I draw a tag and I am taking 8 weeks off, period. Sick with Sheepitist disease. Highly contagious, don't want to infect someone else with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bambistew
Square the points? So we then have 30,000 people with exponetially more points? smile Your odds won't improve much at all. The points are just there to make you feel good, and make the F&G a few bucks.

Not hardly.....with 9 points squared my name would go in 81 times as opposed to a guy with 2 points squared 4 times. IMO the faithfuls would have a better chance to reap the reward of never missing a year of applying. You would be surprised how many guys miss a year here and there.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Brad

MT FWP sits on your money and mine and makes extra income... it's really that simple.

Yep. Odd how they sit on it almost exactly a fiscal quarter.... whistle

And "max points"... what are those???

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Ovis, Your luck cant be as bad as mine.....I'm 0 for 42 on sheep. I really wanted to see them square the points....Oh well.

I was helping a friend hunt rams in the Breaks last fall and there was a couple of younger guys also helping out. We were BS'ing about rams like all sheep nuts do and the topic of never drawing a ram permit came up. I told them that I was 40+ times putting in with no luck and one of them asked me if I had always put in for the breaks....I laughed and said, "When I started applying for sheep there werent sheep in the breaks yet." One of them asked, "Was that the homestead days?".....That hurt!!

I had forgot about that. That was hilarious.

You are due Pat, I hope you get tag #2, after I get tag #1. grin

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 14 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.