Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Calvin
If your daughter got a dui and failed to meet the conditions of probation? Give me a break...

My Son was a drug user, he got bad, real bad. Robbing houses for items to sell for drugs, robbed my home too of items to sell for money for drugs. Broke into local vets office and stole drugs to help his habit.

Arrested 17 times, I personally turned him in 11 of those times. Personally took him for drug testing, took the drugs I found in my home, all his personal drug paraphernalia and took him to the police station. Called the police and had them pick him up in my home with drugs. Kicked his ass, all 6'1" of it, literally, no Father (he refused to believe it) to rely on for help, just me.

Stood with him in court while he was told his punishment each time, and walked away when they took him to his punishment, telling him I would be there for him, but would turn his ass in every time, and I did. Best damn thing I ever did for him.

Today he is a good man, and a Father that will kick his daughter's ass when/if she decides to take the wrong road.

So would I kick my daughter's asses ? Oh yeah, I would, each and every time they screwed up, and they know it....

Something great to hear about a parent without Enablers Disease!

NRA Lifetime Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
I can't believe I just read this entire thread.
Shame on me.

I was just thinking the same about myself, Mako.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how forgiving folks would be if their daughter or wife was killed by this drunk while she was DUI?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
If your daughter got a dui and failed to meet the conditions of probation? Give me a break...

My Son was a drug user, he got bad, real bad. Robbing houses for items to sell for drugs, robbed my home too of items to sell for money for drugs. Broke into local vets office and stole drugs to help his habit.

Arrested 17 times, I personally turned him in 11 of those times. Personally took him for drug testing, took the drugs I found in my home, all his personal drug paraphernalia and took him to the police station. Called the police and had them pick him up in my home with drugs. Kicked his ass, all 6'1" of it, literally, no Father (he refused to believe it) to rely on for help, just me.

Stood with him in court while he was told his punishment each time, and walked away when they took him to his punishment, telling him I would be there for him, but would turn his ass in every time, and I did. Best damn thing I ever did for him.

Today he is a good man, and a Father that will kick his daughter's ass when/if she decides to take the wrong road.

So would I kick my daughter's asses ? Oh yeah, I would, each and every time they screwed up, and they know it....

Would be even better if the parents hadn't let their kid get to the point of robbing for drugs in the first place IMO.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Haha! I'm going to bite my lip... really hard.

For all the "Christians". Think of Lindsay as the woman at the well.. or the woman caught in Adultry.

For you guys who like like to argue for the sake of arguing.. Do you think the punishment fits the crime? 90 days in jail for not going to some alcohol training, because of a DUI. Seems a little excessive to me.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think she would be better off with a thorough spanking - any volunteers - smirk smirk -- ?????

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
[

For you guys who like like to argue for the sake of arguing.. Do you think the punishment fits the crime? 90 days in jail for not going to some alcohol training, because of a DUI. Seems a little excessive to me.

if it was the first time, probably so. based solely on what I read yesterday afternoon, she missed at least half of the sessions she agreed to do on condition of not going to jail for the DUI. And she got caught drinking. more than once.

by my count, this is her 9th or 10th strike with this judge.

drunk driving is an ever-growing problem and CA's laws are a cakewalk compared to a state like UT.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd say that Lindsay is a good representative of that generation. Sad. I wish her the best and hope she gets her act together.

I wouldn't say generation is the best word to use... but of that type of group yes, I probably agree.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the gov imprisoning somebody for missing half of their alcohol classes.. Give her a hefty fine, but 90 days of imprisonment?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

If she weighed 300 lbs and hadda big wart on her jaw, you wouldn't care if she did 6 months.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
[

if it was the first time, probably so. based solely on what I read yesterday afternoon, she missed at least half of the sessions she agreed to do on condition of not going to jail for the DUI. And she got caught drinking. more than once.

by my count, this is her 9th or 10th strike with this judge.

drunk driving is an ever-growing problem and CA's laws are a cakewalk compared to a state like UT.

Wow.
She sounds like a problem child, unfortunately.
It appears they are making an example of her.
Who knows, could be the best thing that ever happened to her.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe

If she weighed 300 lbs and hadda big wart on her jaw, you wouldn't care if she did 6 months.

How do you know? Didn't realize you could read minds..

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U

For you guys who like like to argue for the sake of arguing

I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the gov imprisoning somebody for missing half of their alcohol classes.. Give her a hefty fine, but 90 days of imprisonment?

ok.... she didn't go to jail for the first DUI. she got to choose between jail or the classes (kinda like "pay the ticket/get the points" vs "go to traffic school" for a speeding ticket).

she then not only failed to live up to her end of the agreement (pre-written penalty=90days), she kept drinking & driving during the probation period.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some true colors showing up...

mmm-hmmm,...

Can we expect a youtube video from you titled, LEAVE LINDSEY ALONE!?

,...something like this,....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

I have to thank you for that you tube, that is truely awe inspiring, sent it to a few friends, said it reminded me of a liberal.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
But 90 days?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep], I know of burglars who never spent 90 days in jail and they're breaking into someone's frinkin home for God's sake.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But 90 days?

Hell its only 3 months.

Maybe she can opt for boot camp or something else instead jail. Either way, she needs to do something instead of finding new ways to violate probation.

Besides, its the hottest time of the year and she'll have AC in the can.

In general, I find it odd the Christian versus non-Christian arguments here.

She has my Christian sympathy, but she violated her [bleep] court ordered obligation.

Do not pass go.

Originally Posted by RDFinn
[bleep], I know of burglars who never spent 90 days in jail and they're breaking into someone's frinkin home for God's sake.

they should've been shot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=RWE]

She has my Christian sympathy, but she violated her [bleep] court ordered obligation.

Do not pass go.[quote]

Prezactly.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
But 90 days?

googling CA DUI law:

1st offense: 96hrs to 6 months
2nd offense: 90days to 12 months
3rd offense" 120days to 12 months

Google-fu

let's be charitable and say it was her first offense. Judge could have sentenced her to up to six months straight off. Judge gave her an out (do the weekly classes).

she didn't. not only that, she got caught driving with a measurable BAC.

she's lucky she "only" got 90 days, given the leeway the judge had.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good...Glad to see no ones immune.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (44mc, aimhard, 300jimmy, 808outdoors, 325wsm1, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 13,862 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,958
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.