Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
As SakoAlberta noted back in December, looks like Lipsey's got 50 of these and the rest were exported, of the supposedly 250 that were to be made.
I have 2 of them due tomorrow

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
70 Coming to Australia.

C
Con Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tophet1
70 Coming to Australia.

Tophet1,
I think this is no longer the case. As you'd be aware from the Australian forum ... the importer is being 'evasive' on exactly how many are coming. Original talk was of 70 and this is on the public record.

I think what may have occurred is that pre-orders were simply for Ruger to confirm demand ... so 50 to Lipsey, 80 to Prophet River and 70 to Nioa. Remember that pre-order was required in 30 days and we were told to get in fast to avoid disappointment. That above hypothetical is close to the 250 which seems to be minimum production, but remember this is NOT a dealer only exclusive, so there was always the option to increase production.

What I believe may had happened is that Ruger on conformation of minimum number orders is infact running a larger number. Hence the following appeared on the Aussie forum ... which is hinting at a much larger number having been ordered than the original 70.

You might remember this from the Ruger No1 303British thread: "I am very reluctant to talk about the exact numbers on order and how many have been spoken for when it gets towards the latter part of the process."

Then this responding to a query I posed regarding not filling pre-orders given that we were told 70 and then this appeared: "Now that is not the case at this stage, but if preorders get to 149 or 151 it's a little bit close to call and I cannot be drawn into a game of numbers when it becomes that close, because someone may miss out." (I've added the italics) Surely ... it would never be considered to take 140ish orders for only 70 rifles ... especially when as of the 24th March we had a response on the Australian thread that 45 confirmed orders had been taken of the 70?

In all honestly ... I think we may see the Ruger No1 303British in the 2011 catalogue and a larger production run than anticipated eventuate ... like the 300H&H which extended past the Boddington run.

I'd like to see owners collaborate on serial numbers to get a feel for what was produced, but I'll guess at 500. Half tempted to place a second order late through another dealer just to see what happens. whistle

My uneducated opinion only ... and people wonder whether I'm a gun-whore. grin
Cheers...
Con

Last edited by Con; 07/09/10.
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Con may be correct. Lipsey's sold their run out in 1 day. They do expect more. Serial#'s of the 2 I have are in the 134-294XX range.

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by El_Numero_Uno
As SakoAlberta noted back in December, looks like Lipsey's got 50 of these and the rest were exported, of the supposedly 250 that were to be made.
I have 2 of them due tomorrow

ENU,

Taking your post into consideration... I immeadiately called my dealer and he called Lipsey's and his assigned sales person had one left of their allocated #1's in .303 Brit. He immeadiately ordered it for me! Thank the good Lord! Whew!

!
I fear that these may sell out rather quickly. but at any rate, I should have mine next week... smile YeeHaw!

He told me that two other of his distributors have it listed on their respective web sites, but neither has them in stock.... I would therefore speculate that this just might indicate that Ruger may be adding them to the line-up. I would further speculate that sales will be brisk at the inception, but once inital demand is satisfied, sales will likely drop off to nothin' frown (Which, of course, will ultimately lead to it being discontinued...) Just my personal perception of the situation...

Edw

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

IC B2

C
Con Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Grasshopper,
In some ways I believe this is a smart way for Ruger to operate with the No1s. Take orders, clear them and start the next special run. My wallet will melt if they do a regular production run in 450 x 3 1/4" NE. grin

I doubt the 300H&H will last into the next season, the 303British likewise wont survive after the first flush of excitement ... but they'll sell to collectors and to nostalgic hunters like me who will pair it with a 450/400NE. 400gr from the big rifle and 215gr from the light ... perfect!
Cheers...
Con

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Con,

Just received your PM.
IIRC, I have seen on another forum (so it must be the truth) that it will join the regular production line. If only it was in a 1B and 1S (Sighs deeply).

I have dies, Norma Brass, 215 RNSP Woodleigh projectiles and a Pecar 6x with FCH ready to go.

Like my .218Bee No.1S, maybe it will be offered for a few years before demand is soaked up.

In Commonwealth countrys there has to be a large demand.

C
Con Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tophet1

In Commonwealth countrys there has to be a large demand.

Imagine if this went to Sth Africa! If we get 150 rifles here, I reckon they could sell double that as we have seen no advertising other than Rebel Gunworks. The majority of sales in Australia seems as if they are being generated by mouth and internet. 150 Ruger 1A rifles when we're lucky to see a handful, who'd have thought it possible. grin

I'll be loading mine with Woodleigh 215gr and Bertram's 215gr when Bertram gets around to making them. Even have 30 hoarded MkII solids ... and know where there are more. A Woodleigh hydro may also make an interesting pill to try. Really looking forward to getting this rifle!! It'll wear an old 4x Leupold just like the 450/400NE.
Cheers...
Con

Last edited by Con; 07/09/10.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Con,

I quite agree with what you are saying... In all the dozens of rifles I've owned, I've never fired a .303 British... I've actually only owned one. But I think it would be a nifty rifle for use with cast bullets... smile (I just HAPPEN to have Lyman #314299 bullet mould...) grin

Now lets hope Ruger doesn't make a run of 1-H's in .470 Nitro Express... blush 'Cuz I just today acquired a set of dies for same... (And I have a few brass...) Likely, I'll just look around and come up with a .458 Win and have it rebored... smile

(I'll pass on the .450 NE, thank you very much...) blush

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

C
Con Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Grasshopper,
I know you can never have too many rifles ... but you can never find time to play with them all until retired either! I've picked an unfortunate time to fall in love with No1 rifles. But I'd have liked to have bought all the 1H rifles from now on in odd chamberings like 450/400 x 3", and I doubt the 416Ruger will last long either. But a 470NE I'd have in a flash, a 450 x 3 1/4" absolutely ... then if we didn't have this 'evil 50 cal' fear permeating the world a limited run in 500NE would sell out FAST backed by Hornady's dies, cases and loaded ammunition. But the fear of anything 50cal, and the export hoops by US State Dept make it a non-profitable venture. frown

It's also proven that 303 rifles shoot better if whistling 'Rule Britannia' during load development. Try it ... just be alone when you do. whistle
Cheers...
Con

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I broke down and called Cabelas today..I have a .303 on the way...and my 6.5 Creedmoor came too...I'm broke
I gota go and see if I can get a small loan from the old Lady...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rifle
...I'm broke
I gota go and see if I can get a small loan from the old Lady...

GOOD LUCK! grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Con
Grasshopper,

It's also proven that 303 rifles shoot better if whistling 'Rule Britannia' during load development. Try it ... just be alone when you do. whistle
Cheers...
Con

Con,

I had previously been instructed to sing: God Save the Queen during load development... wink grin smile

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
Originally Posted by Con
Grasshopper,

Cheers...
Con

Con,

I had previously been instructed to sing: God Save the Queen during load development... wink grin smile

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh grin

Comics, no less!~!~! grin

Let's face it... the rimmed cartridge, like the .303 British or the 7x57R, is a "natural" for the high-grade Ruger #1s. I catch myself day-dreaming that my 7x57 RSI is a 7x57R. smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by El_Numero_Uno
Con may be correct. Lipsey's sold their run out in 1 day. They do expect more. Serial#'s of the 2 I have are in the 134-294XX range.

ENU,

My dealer called me just now... Mine in .303 is in... Serial #134-293xx. Looks like it's real close to yours...

If anyone can post pics, I have pics of it already...

GH

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Send them to me, and I'll put them up. I send a pm with email addy.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

C
Con Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The wait to get these landed in Australia is KILLING me!
Cheers...
Con

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
These are for Grasshopper -- nice wood!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i hate you, I won't get to touch mine until I return to Canada in September.

:P

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Grasshopper, Good Score! Bring that down with you this fall, you are a dirty egg sucking dog if you don't smack a deer with it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,830
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.