Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Before you slurk off into your hole,say a little sumptin' about those rifles.

Dare ya'..............

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just a simple question with no answer I guess, carry on and enjoy your posting.

Have a good day!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Who didn't see your slurk arriving?

Good call to refrain your "test beds" of OCW Dreaming..........

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Satin's Disciple spews his venom again!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by keith

The "Satin" Runneth over...I'm cryin'!..............

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Dummy,

"Satin" is a fabric............

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I'm new to this site and find all of this very odd? I'm guessing there is no moderator on this site? ImitatedOften you seem to be very knowledgable but there is a line beween knowledge and arrogance. A lot of us enjoy learning from this stuff, but you sir can kill any constructive conversation that can take place. It's OK if someone has a different idea. State your thought and let it go-Plaese--- not Dummy or I'm Laughing,Crying Ect. Thank You. Wickens PS I don't hide behind a made up name I'm easy to find.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep he's smart alright and seems to have more than enough time to share it. Wonder why? Hope this helps and maybe actually give you some useful information. Unlike the OCW these are tailored loads for my rifle but Shoot very well out of anyone else's that have tried them.

Here's how I do it and a picture of a target I shot. Top row is three weeks ago and bottom row was last week end. Conditions were almost the same other than the humidity was a lot lower last week end and I used my sand bag instead of bi-pods. This is only 3 powder charges because I know about where the 2 nodes my rifle wants to do it's best at from previous test. Next week end I'm going to run the upper end node.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Let me start off by saying anyway you can find a load to work is fine if it works for you. I hear ladder testing all the time. I don�t think unless you have 300yds to shoot a ladder test you won�t learn a lot. I find my rifles seem to like a certain speed and once I find it I can work around that area with minimal loads and not over a grain and a half spread.

I will start about midrange of a powder charge and load to the max either .3 or .5 grain jump at a time, I load 10 of each load, I always shoot 5 shot groups, I do a round robin with the loads on two different days and compare groups. If I have two groups with excellent results and the same charge I�m done, if not I work around the best groups .1 grain spreads with the best group charge in the middle .2 above and below. Doing this has giving me loads that shoot under half MOA in my rifles and many quarter MOA.

I fire groups one at a time instead of moving all around in my rest shooting at different angles because I want to be as sure as I can nothing is changing in my shooting stance, doesn�t take much of a change to send a flier out into open spaces and you learn nothing unless you know what you did. Just last Saturday I was shooing some really bad groups of around an inch and was badly disappointed until I looked around and saw my barrel was hitting the bag. Next two groups were 4 shots in one hole with 5th one being a choke but still within 3/8� of the groups(not pictured targets). All I had done was move from the top left targets to the one in the next row center.

Call it barrel whip, barrel harmonics, speed, or what ever you want. I just know once I�ve found the speed it likes I can look at a powder knowing the speed I want and most of the time I can run a small set of loads with the next powder and find an excellent load. Like I say may not be the best way but it works like a top for me. The speed does not have to be the same but will nearly always work out within 50 fps of my know load.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This is with a hunting rifle and 95 berger VLD hunting Bullets

[Linked Image]

Here's 4 targets from my 308 shot at 175 yds working around my accuracy node at 175 yds. Bottom targets were shot first then I adjusted scope and shot top two. Once I shot center out was hard to stay on target. This was with the .1 around my accuracy node testing with 190. It works for me as I said, may or may not for you!
These were shot with a Savage 10FCP with HS precision stock.
[Linked Image]

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Wickens
I'm new to this site and find all of this very odd? I'm guessing there is no moderator on this site? ImitatedOften you seem to be very knowledgable but there is a line beween knowledge and arrogance. A lot of us enjoy learning from this stuff, but you sir can kill any constructive conversation that can take place. It's OK if someone has a different idea. State your thought and let it go-Plaese--- not Dummy or I'm Laughing,Crying Ect. Thank You. Wickens PS I don't hide behind a made up name I'm easy to find.

Deeply humored that common sense and experience,are now billed as "arrogant" behavior(s)...though stupidity,outright lies and folks devoid of an inkling of even a first clue,are embraced as "constructive".

I'd like to think that I've killed more than quite a few "constructive" thoughts,that have been espoused by the addled,as it'd give hope that there is a shred of sense lurking out there somewhere. While somewhat dubious(for the obvious reasons),I do however remain the Eternal Optimist.

Fingers crossed,while laughing in advance..................

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I have to admit I'm a load thief-- I have been guiding hunters most of my life and in 93 started guiding varmit hunters. These guys work hard at working up their loads-- as you have-- and I get to watch them work. Most of these good loads work well for me and save a lot of time. As a gunsmith I deal with so many differnt rifles- -cal.ect. It's hard to spend much time working up loads. Enios Keep up the good work-- and pass it on

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 57 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.