-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, I thought that the 8000/9000 were made in a short action as well. I have several of the long action models and I agree with you about them being the smoothest actions ever made.

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They are all long actions, at least all of the 243s and 308s that I've owned have been long actions with a shorter groove in the bottom of the bolt to limit the length of the bolt's travel.

My S&W C in 256 Newton was built on a 8000/9000 action that was originally a 243.

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Why do you prefer the Tradewinds branded Husqvarnas to S&W or FFV or ??

Jeff

Simple. That's what myself, my uncle, and my cousin all own. I might get my son a Tradewinds imported Husky this year too. It's what I know.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC, Tradewinds had the import rights to the Huskys prior to S&W, so all Tradewinds 5000s would have been built on HVA actions. I don't have a Tradewinds Husky, but have had a couple of the Kricos that they imported after S&W got the Husky rights.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice looking rifle. Yes the stock style tells what era it was produced. Its nice when you can find something that you reallly like.. Too often we settle for "it will work".

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SoTexasH
Nice looking rifle. Yes the stock style tells what era it was produced. Its nice when you can find something that you reallly like.. Too often we settle for "it will work".

Hello SoTexasH
Thank's for your kind words. When I first started buying S&W revolver's, I grabbed what ever looked good and was available. As I got more serious about the collecting of them, I sold off the early ones I bought and replaced them with Pre-Models or ones made in 5 screw configuration meaning prior to 1956 time span. This lessens the frequency of finding them, and when you do they are all a lot more expensive from that time span due to condition and Supply & Demand as all mine have to be above 98% that enter into my collection. But all in all Condition and Rarity trumps with me....so many are passed on along the way... Thegeneral.

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IIRC, Tradewinds had the import rights to the Huskys prior to S&W, so all Tradewinds 5000s would have been built on HVA actions. I don't have a Tradewinds Husky, but have had a couple of the Kricos that they imported after S&W got the Husky rights.

Jeff

You are correct.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Jeff

You have to be careful Jeff. Tradewinds owned the copyright to the phrase "Husky H-5000" and marked some of the Kricos this way.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Jeff, I thought that the 8000/9000 were made in a short action as well. I have several of the long action models and I agree with you about them being the smoothest actions ever made.

All of the actions are the same length, but there are modifications to the magazine and follower for some of the shorter/smaller chamberings.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by generalstuart
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm holding out for a Colt Sauer with Smith & Wesson on it......

Hello
More Rare Yet, would be the S&W Model 125. These were made up of left over Husqvarna rifle parts that S&W had on hand to diminish their supplies. It is said that only a handfull exist, and they would be the Cream of the Crop as they had the newer improved 8000/9000 actions used in them...Thegeneral

I have never seen any reference to this model before. Do you have any documentation on it?

Steve

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do you prefer the Tradewinds branded Husqvarnas to S&W or FFV or ??

Jeff

Of the thousands of Husqvarna rifles imported by Tradewinds, only a small percentage are actually marked "Tradewinds".

Steve

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sbhva
Originally Posted by generalstuart
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm holding out for a Colt Sauer with Smith & Wesson on it......

Hello
More Rare Yet, would be the S&W Model 125. These were made up of left over Husqvarna rifle parts that S&W had on hand to diminish their supplies. It is said that only a handfull exist, and they would be the Cream of the Crop as they had the newer improved 8000/9000 actions used in them...Thegeneral

I have never seen any reference to this model before. Do you have any documentation on it?

Hello
I was told by an Retired S&W employee that they only made a handfull of these model 125's and he has one him self. That's all I know about them, I have no production figures but I assume they would be low due to the use of left over parts to make them up with...Thegeneral.

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S&W B Model .308 Win, Husqvarna. Unfired smile
I still owe someone a pic of my unfired Brno 21H with my birth year, 52.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
[Linked Image]
S&W Model C....270 Win.

Last edited by Poconojack; 08/28/10.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
G
G
Hi,
I just came across this site because I have one of these rifles and was Googling Smith and Wesson Husquvarna.

I purchase it used in 1969 or 1970 from a Gun Dealer who said an ATF agent and collector sold some of his collection. It is .300 Winchester and I have hunted with it for the past 40 years. It is a great rifle with an unusually smooth action.

It as the Blonde Monte Carlo Stock just like the pictures here on the site. also a rubber recoil pad and doesn't kick much at all. I had the barrel floated. it is very accurate and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was wondering how many were made/imported and if it is relatively rare, and it's value.

The Photo shown of the rifle with the Walnut forepiece is just like the one I own. i can get it out and look for special marks or numbers if someone will tell me what to look for.

I am not aware of mechanisms, etc. or other information as I dont read up on my guns.
Thanks for any information.

Gnat

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
WOW 260Remguy A 1900 action chambered in 338-06. It just couldn't get any better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bkollock3470
WOW 260Remguy A 1900 action chambered in 338-06. It just couldn't get any better.

The 338-06 and 256 Newton are, except for the serial numbers and character marks on the wood, an identical pair that I had made up to cover all of my North American hunting requirements.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a Iver Henriksen rifle built on a Husqvarna 1640 action. I had it for years. Sold it to DesertMuleDeer, he was kind enough to sell it back to me. It's a marked 25 Niedner.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a Iver Henriksen rifle built on a Husqvarna 1640 action. I had it for years. Sold it to DesertMuleDeer, he was kind enough to sell it back to me. It's a marked 25 Niedner.

Is the 25 Niedner the same as the SAAMI specs 25-06 Remington?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My Model B S&W Husky. The rifle is so light, handy, and accurate that I kept it around several years despite the stock. It is something called arctic birch over on the S&W Husqvarna Forum and was factory finished in a very hard, glossy finish of a color I could only describe as a monkey schmidt mustard yellow. It looked worse in person as it does in this picture:

[Linked Image]

After putting up with it as long as possible, I decided to strip it down and refinish it. I tried three different paint strippers and none of them even softened the finish. Finally a friend had a go at it and, after failing a couple of times, came up with a chemical concoction that, as he said, broke the finish loose and made it slide off almost in one piece! He then refinished the wood with the stuff the military used on M1 stocks. It ain't nice walnut, but it is so much better than the original finish that I can live with it. Finally had a buck show up while carrying it last season and it performed well.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.