Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Right....if he were "just another civillian" he would have been prosecuted for not only carrying a firearm in a licensed establishment but for host of other charges.

Instead he walked.

But he wasn't a Biker...he was a cop first and foremost...huh?

You're proving yourself to be a bigger idiot than I ever gave you credit for, which is a feat I thought was pretty much impossible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by derby_dude
...Officers have more discretion in deadly force than any CCW civilian does...

You couldn't be more wrong.

I've seen officers or I should have said read of officers forgiven for deadly force that no civilian would ever have been forgiven for. It goes with the job. If I had the same rights as a police officer quite frankly I would have no need for a police force I would just pack and take care of my own problems but alas in the real world ruled by bureaucrats that's not the case.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Federal law allows off-duty officers to carry their guns, and the Seattle Police Department's manual gives each officer the option to carry one while off duty.

"One of the reasons for that federal law is that police officers, unlike anyone else, are almost on duty all the time," he said. "You never know when you might run into someone who you arrested."

Just another "civillian"....when "the shift ends"....

That's what I'm talking about. I can only carry in Montana and states that Montana has a reciprocal agreement with. I also cannot carry in any public building, no bars, and not to many commercial building. A police officer on or off duty can carry in all of them.

Extend me the same privileges of a police officer and I'll have no need for a police force.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Just another citizen when the shift ends?

Not even in Canada! You mess up and do something that is unbecoming a police officer, and even though you were "just another citizen" you are subject to charges under the Police Services Act, with penalties that run from censure to 20 days pay, to reversing in rank, to dismissal -- all when you were "off duty, and just another citizen."

Because we are subject to call in, if we get loaded up with alcohol, and can't come in to work, the charge is being unfit for duty due to the consumption of alcohol. See above for Ipenalty.

I've been retired now for just about 9 years, and I still meet people on the street and in stores that I have arrested in the past -- they still know me, and ask if I am still a police officer. I tell them no, and ask them if that makes any difference? I was pretty active in criminal investigations, and drug enforcement, so I don't meet too many folks who remember me helping them with a flat tire. wink

Just another citizen when the shift ends? HARDLY -- not even when the career ends. If I could carry concealed, I would. I can't -- my weapon is tactical communications. eek

Ah, but your country treats you as just another citizen when the job's done. Here in the states that isn't the case which makes a police officer a privileged citizen whether they like to admit it or not.

BTW: Based on what you have said above you probably should be allowed to carry as a retired officer.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Here in the states that isn't the case which makes a police officer a privileged citizen whether they like to admit it or not.

Yeah, privileged:
- No access to the same plea deals that Joe Citizen has available to him.
- You lose your job if convicted of a DWI or Reckless Op.
- Have a shooting under investigation for much longer than Joe Citizen because the AG's Office would love nothing better than to make his/her career off the back of a cop.
Yeah, great privileges.

Yes we can carry nation wide but I support the same for Joe Citizen. It's too bad we as a firearm/shooting community can't get our schit together enough to ram it through. Too much "us vs. them" I guess wink /

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Federal law allows off-duty officers to carry their guns, and the Seattle Police Department's manual gives each officer the option to carry one while off duty.

"One of the reasons for that federal law is that police officers, unlike anyone else, are almost on duty all the time," he said. "You never know when you might run into someone who you arrested."

That's what I'm talking about. I can only carry in Montana and states that Montana has a reciprocal agreement with. I also cannot carry in any public building, no bars, and not to many commercial building. A police officer on or off duty can carry in all of them.

Extend me the same privileges of a police officer and I'll have no need for a police force.

Derby so if you can carry a gun anywhere you want you will have no use for police...hmmm Who are going to call when the neighbors dies? Who you are going to call to pull your a$$ out of car wreck? I mean you are going to just shoot three times in the air and hope someones comes to help?

I do all kinds of chit everyday and little has to do with the gun I carry. By all means though please advise me on how a gun will solve all these other problems?

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by NH K9
Here in the states that isn't the case which makes a police officer a privileged citizen whether they like to admit it or not.

Yeah, privileged:
- Have a shooting under investigation for much longer than Joe Citizen because the AG's Office would love nothing better than to make his/her career off the back of a cop.
Yeah, great privileges.

Yes we can carry nation wide but I support the same for Joe Citizen. It's too bad we as a firearm/shooting community can't get our schit together enough to ram it through. Too much "us vs. them" I guess wink /

George

Not only all the above but we also lose our POST certification forever over a DWI. ...hmmm that damn double standard.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am with you George, CCW should have the same reciprocity as a DL IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I would love to see it made easier than that. Universal carry, period. Leave it up to businesses to post "no firearms". Saves carrying an ID/CCW.

I don't imagine I'll see it in my lifetime because we're too busy alienating each other.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Again we are in full agreement Geo.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I would love to see it made easier than that. Universal carry, period. Leave it up to businesses to post "no firearms". Saves carrying an ID/CCW.

I don't imagine I'll see it in my lifetime because we're too busy alienating each other.

George
So, if a business were to post that sign, cops would have to secure their sidearms in their squad cars before entering?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Go easy on the idiot,George.

He obviously can't keep up with his own dumb-assed thread.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So, if a business were to post that sign, cops would have to secure their sidearms in their squad cars before entering?

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round..

(sorry, for stealing your line, SH, but seems appropriate)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

George

I'll make it easier than that, I just won't enter. I've been asked to leave a place of business while in uniform and did so. No skin off my azz.

Thanks for illustrating my last sentence, though.

George

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the store says no guns I say none of my money. Really very simple.

Old cat turd!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yeah, privileged:
Yeah, great privileges.

George

Frankly, I don't care for plea deals. If I'm guilty I'll plea guilty, if I'm not guilty I'll plea not guilty. No plea bargaining for me. Plea bargaining should not be allowed for anyone cop or citizen.

Every body should lose their job because of DUI or reckless op. Heck, I've always been in favor of the death penalty for DUI if it involved death of another person. Maybe things have changed but my Dad was a cop and an alcoholic and I watched him skate many times because he was a member of the blue brotherhood when he should have been arrested for DUI.

Heck, the AG wants to hang everybody cop or civilian especially if it'll put another notch on his/her belt and move him/her up the political ladder. Again, maybe things have changed, but in the day I watched to many cops skate becuase they were members of the blue brotherhood. I'm sure it had a lot to do with police unions back in the day because all unions were run by the mafia especially in the Northeast where I grew up.

We are definitely on the same page as far as universal carry for Joe Citizen and cops. Be a heck of a lot less crime.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
If the store says no guns I say none of my money. Really very simple.
Same here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DINK

Derby so if you can carry a gun anywhere you want you will have no use for police...hmmm Who are going to call when the neighbors dies? Who you are going to call to pull your a$$ out of car wreck? I mean you are going to just shoot three times in the air and hope someones comes to help?

I do all kinds of chit everyday and little has to do with the gun I carry. By all means though please advise me on how a gun will solve all these other problems?

Dink

Neighbor dies I'll call trash pick up, no problem.

I'll either get my sorry azz out of the car wreck or die no problem there either. The scanvgers have to eat to.

I'm anarcho-capitalist so I believe that search and rescue and fire protection will be provided by free enterprise if their is a need or want for it. Otherwise who needs it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Maybe things have changed but my Dad was a cop and an alcoholic and I watched him skate many times because he was a member of the blue brotherhood when he should have been arrested for DUI.

May have had something to do with your dad being a cop, but may also have had something to do with the fact DUI's/DWI's were simply not prosecuted as aggressively as they are now. I personally know a few teenagers who were pulled over for various reasons 20 to 25 years and were flat out blitzed, but were given a "get home safe" lecture and sent on their way. Ain't happening in today's world, citizen, cop, illegal, or otherwise.

Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.