Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In a weird, and poorly written local newspaper story, it looks like the K9 officer, trying to subdue a cracked out perp, turns the dog loose, and it bit two other officers.
Weird story.
link to story
Now this is in Hawkeye's AO, so anything could have happened. laugh

A 40-year-old Gainesville man is in the Alachua County jail after police say he smoked crack, kidnapped a friend, stole her car and fled from officers when they tried to stop him.

It started just after midnight early Sunday morning when police say Tommie Leroy Nobles began driving his friend's car without headlights, speeding and running stop signs.

The friend, Suborn Jackelene Watkins of Ocala, asked him to stop, saying she feared for her life.

She tried several times to get out of the car, but each time Nobles would speed up. Watkins called 911 and told dispatchers she was being held against her will and thought she would die.

Nobles lost control of the car near 1500 S.E. 15th Ave. and stopped just long enough for Watkins to get out. She demanded that Nobles get out, too, but he drove off with her car and continued driving without headlights, speeding, running stop signs and driving on the wrong side of the road.

Gainesville Police spotted him and began chasing him.

Watkins finally crashed near 400 S.E. Second Ave. when he drove into a ditch.

But even then, police say he tried to restart the car and leave.

Gainesville Police surrounded him and one officer shot Nobles with a Taser, but Nobles tried to pull out the probes. A second officer Tasered him, but he still would not surrender. A third officer then Tasered him and he stopped resisting arrest.

As officers tried to subdue him, K-9 officer Richter wound up biting two GPD officers, who were not seriously hurt.

Police said Nobles admitted to smoking crack and then driving the car.

He also admitted to not letting Watkins out of the car.

He is charged with grand theft auto, felony kidnapping, resisting arrest without violence, fleeing and attempting to elude law enforcement.

Sam......

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I am sure the media reported all the facts in this case....laffin.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody get the TAPES of this,.....please !

what a riot.....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They say that dogs start to act like their owners/handlers after a while. Apparently the reverse is true as well. I think I'll stick to using my hands.

I'm printing this out and bringing it to K9 training this afternoon to discuss "tactics" grin

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like an issue for Internal affairs

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
On a serious note, it's not uncommon for cops to get bit by a K9. Contrary to what some believe, the dogs don't distinguish uniforms or anything else. If a handler doesn't "target" the dog properly prior to releasing him bad things can happen.

When working up close, such as in the above situation, with a cranked up dog it wouldn't take much to get tagged. A fellow officer moving in to slap the handler on the back for a job well done will end badly. There are a million ways for it to happen. I've been bit working backup to another K9 officer a few times. It is what it is.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good Dogie!!!

Here's a couple of extra milk bones and a pig's ear...

grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Funny how a cop will shot a tiny little ankle biter for fear of their safety, but when a trained attack dog attacks them it is just part of the job.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Tony270wsm while your wrestling with some turd and a k9 bites you I am going to guess that you probaly don't have time to deal with the dog before his handler has him under control.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell, I been accidentally bit a couple of times by K9's, it is over so fast it is incredible. The ones that got me instantly realized their mistake and got the perp and were almost apologetic when it was over.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the dog bites the Tazee does he get the effect as well. Maybe Phydeaux was getting zapped pretty good by the three tazers working in unison!

The police made their first mistake when they shot the crack head with a tazer. They should have given him a bad case of lead poisoning and kept the dog out of it.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9
On a serious note, it's not uncommon for cops to get bit by a K9. There are a million ways for it to happen. I've been bit working backup to another K9 officer a few times. It is what it is.

George

+1

That would make it a million and one ways it can happen...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
If the dog bites the Tazee does he get the effect as well.

Alan

Nope, you can hold on to a person as they are Tased and feel nothing.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM
Funny how a cop will shot a tiny little ankle biter for fear of their safety, but when a trained attack dog attacks them it is just part of the job.

ya know, I really did not intend for this thread to drift off into cop bashing, ala TRH.
It was humorous to see the local paper, a self described paragon of newspaper excellence, a wholly owned subsidiary of the NYT, make a blunder like this.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We need to keep this simple. All dogs should be shot immediately whenever the police interact with anyone suspected of a crime, whether erroneously or not. Let God sort them out later. laugh

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
aieeeeeeee laugh

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

ya know, I really did not intend for this thread to drift off into cop bashing, ala TRH.
It was humorous to see the local paper, a self described paragon of newspaper excellence, a wholly owned subsidiary of the NYT, make a blunder like this.

I agree,....this had potential for good clean fun,and some wonderful humor......'til the Hate Group showed up.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

What is the blunder, are we sure the K9 cop in question is not a dog named Richter?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought the dogs were considered officers.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder if these K9's have a higher bite rate after "the list" is posted in the locker room....................... grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 224th, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,397
Posts18,527,885
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.