Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by maddog
Originally Posted by ingwe
Bob...wait and watch..if you get really lucky they might put an Atlanta/Windhoek flight in.....

Ingwe

While that would be sweet, I wouldn't bet on it, unless there is a lot more of the non-hunting sector vacationing in namibia, from the states than I guess there would be. If you do a meet/greet service in JNB, and overnite, I don't think it would be that bad. In fact, that's what Dan and I are going to do, for our trip to Zim.

maddog

=====================

Probably still get to JoBurg early enough to get a afternoon flight to Windhoek,I suspect. From what I've been reading (and only that),Windhoek appears to have a significant edge over JoBurg in the stay overnight category.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did an overnight in Afton House after a major mess up in flights that saw us 46 hours on the road with flights cancelled out of Frankfurt. The overnight close to the airport ( ten or twelve minutes) and the four hour sleep before the best steak dinner I have ever had coupled with a ten hour sleep that night made the Joburg stay over my constant from here on in.

I am not a night life kind of guy, so not being in Joburg proper was not a big deal to me.

Good luck with your plans, I am sure you have it figured to your advantage.

Randy
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by isaac
From what I've been reading (and only that),Windhoek appears to have a significant edge over JoBurg in the stay overnight category.

It does....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I'm going to hunt tuskless cow elephant, and cow cape buff. My son is going to hunt cow cape buff, and most likely hippo.

Why are you shooting all girls?

I must be missing something here.

FWIW Tuskless cow elephant are the most dangerous sector of the population to hunt....and a cow buffalo can kill you just as dead as a bull...

Ingwe

Exactly! The level of danger is greater. Tuskless cows are notoriously the most unpredictable and dangerous (unwounded) animal to face.

Don't fool yourself, from what I have gathered, hunting a tuskless is not for the faint of heart!

Hunting in and among cow herds with their young is DANGEROUS! When a cow elephant charges it is rarely a mock charge. She's coming to kill you!

The same applies to hunting lioness. The level of danger is greater than going after a male.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep...and alot of them have been repeatedly tracked/hunted by both hunters and poachers..then passed up...so they tend to get a little ouchy at human intrusion....I guess they are REAL touchy on the border of Mozambique....from what Ive heard...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lets face it guys, the name of the game with dangerous game is to put ourselves in harms way, and tuskless cow sure fits that bill. If we need the tusks to prove to others of our courage, perhaps it is more bravado than personal test.

I am envious and look forward to hearing your account on your return.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
M
maddog Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, I ain't getting any younger. I'll be 60 by the time this hunt goes off. Just put a friend in the ground, that died of cancer at the age of 57frown.

Told my son, "I wanna walk amoungst the elephants", and that's what I intend to do. Hope to bring back some great stories, and some cool pics. Sides, if an ele don't make white toe jam outta me, I gotta show Ingwe some pics of me and the Ruger with the "bubba buddy" on it!grin

maddog

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I gotta show Ingwe some pics of me and the Ruger with the "bubba buddy" on it!grin

maddog

Now THATS dangerous... grin

Ingwe

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (21, 35, 808outdoors, 1Longbow, 11 invisible), 14,639 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,926
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.