Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hogghead.

The only "joke" here is the childish way you make schit up.

Redifeld is a DIVISION of Leupold and Stevens, not just a mere trade name.

Just because the owners of the Denever based Redfield company [bleep] you on warantee work does not mean Leupold will.

You are just pissed off because Leupold won't extend WELFARE to your hillbilly ass and fix Redfeild scopes for free that THEY NEVER MADE..

It has nothing to do with the new Redfields other than your drunken hillbilly imagination.

Last edited by jim62; 08/17/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The other day you said I could not give you a state. And I did. It was IN.

Today you said I could not name a company the Leupold spun off. I did-Gilmore. Even though I never even stated that.

Then I explained to you what it means to purchase a TRADE NAME. Which is all RedField is. A TRADE NAME. But you did not address that either. So please state what I made up. Oh that is right you can't. But then a TROLL like you avoids the facts. It is this trade name that allows Leupold and Stevens Inc. to enter into the lower end market and make some money. And if the time comes that they want to spin it off, they will. Just as the RedField name has been spun off by others over their history. But then maybe you are not old enough or smart enough to remember how popular RedField was in the 70's. RedField was one of the top names in the 70's. And look what happened. Just like Bausch and Lomb. Another trade name, that also was a mfr. at one time like RedField. But then I only went on a dozen or more outings with the RedField reps. I am sure you hob knobbed with the President of RedField. I only met him a couple of times. You moron.

So what is your next stupid argument you TROLL. Or did you just decide to avoid the facts?? Tom.

Last edited by HOGGHEAD; 08/17/10.

West By God Virginia
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hogghead,

Speaking of facts you are conviently ignoring

The new Redield scope warrantee is THE SAME AS ANY LEUPOLD.

New Redeild scopes and Leupolds ARE MADE IN THE SAME PLANT

New Redfeild scopes and Leupolds ARE SERVICED BY THE SAME PEOPLE.

The new Redfeild scopes and Leupolds are MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY.

What part of the fact that you have you head WAY UP YOUR ASS on this don't you undertand??

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There you go again TROLL. Spouting off on that in which you do not know. But I will admit that I do not know all the facts involved in the mfr., and warranty of the different RedField and Leupold products. All I did was repeat what I read on the RedField web page. But why confuse the issue with the facts??

But then I expect you know so much more since you obviously have personal communication with all the people and all their policies. How else could you know all the things you just ran your mouth about?? Gosh to only be as smart as you TROLL. Tom.

West By God Virginia
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well admitting you really don't KNOW what your are talking about with regards to the current Redfeilds is a start, I guess.

Maybe if you would think about such things BEFORE you make ill informed posts here, you would not look like such a damn fool.

I am sure the folks that make the Redfeild scopes in Oregon every day are glad you felt the need to come on here and claim them to be cheats and liars.

Last edited by jim62; 08/17/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You making up some more facts. Ha TROLL. Tom.

West By God Virginia
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
You making up some more facts. Ha TROLL. Tom.

You must be looking in the mirror, hoggbrains. wink

Last edited by jim62; 08/18/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nice Try, TROLL. Tom.

West By God Virginia
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HOGGHEAD, You repeating the word troll doesn't make it any less appropriate than it was the first time you spewed it regarding Jim62.
Personally I think you fit the bill as a troll more than Jim62 does.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by nsaqam
HOGGHEAD, You repeating the word troll doesn't make it any less appropriate than it was the first time you spewed it regarding Jim62.

I have history with this guy that you do not know anything about. So IMO, since you do not know the facts of our history then you should mind your own business. And this is about as polite as I can put it. Tom.

West By God Virginia
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jilted lover ?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I have history with this guy that you do not know anything about. So IMO, since you do not know the facts of our history then you should mind your own business. And this is about as polite as I can put it. Tom.

Hoggehead.

Any "history" you may have with me or anyone else on these forums has NOTHING to do with the fact your are WRONG about 90% of the stuff you have posted on this thread.

This thread is about NEW REDFIELDS - which you admit you really don't know or care much about other than spewing lies and venom toward Leupold/Redfeild.

You take it personally when someone calls your bluff about the accuracy of your posts and then call them "trolls".. What a thumbsucking baby you are.

If you are SO invested in your own opinions, maybe you should BRUSH UP on your knowlege of various topics a bit rather than grinding petty axes here ..

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jim62

Typical response by a homosexual such as yourself.

laffin. Does that mean you want HoggHead all to yourself ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is indeed polite.

Doesn't change the fact that you threw out the troll moniker several times in a public forum.

Do that and you may get called on it.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow same same here at the optics forum....carry on children

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by jim62

Typical response by a homosexual such as yourself.

laffin. Does that mean you want HoggHead all to yourself ?

The only thing I have done is debate a few topics with him here on the forums.

But, if you have some sort of homosexual love affair planned for yourself and him, then have at it.

I would not want to get in the way of two starcrossed lovers such as yourselves..

Just leave me out of it- OK?

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The heck with those scopes,get a sweet Tasco..... and have lots of cash left lol

1 and done
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I call him a TROLL because he is a TROLL(IMO).

He does not give an opinion. He just attacks the post that someone else makes. And then when you catch him on the facts he changes the subject. I am not the only guy he argues with, and causes trouble with. There are several. I have actually had a couple PM's in the past from guys who did not want to argue with the TROLL, but thanked me for calling him on his CRAP.

Has he said anything about where he was wrong the other day about IN(another thread)?? NO. Has he said anything about where he was wrong about Leupold spinning away from GilMore?? No. He will not confront the facts when I state what I think the facts are.

If you go back and read my original remarks about the new RedField scopes you will not find anywhere that I attacked their quality of build. I did not do that. I merely recommended the base Leupold scope because IMO you can depend on their warranty. And you have been able to depend on their warranty for the last 35+ years, and hopefully into the future. How many different companies have owned RedField in the last 35+ years, and in the following 35+ years?? Who knows, because they are a trade name and produce nothing. If you had a RedField from 20 years ago, then you have no warranty on that scope now. Why?? Because it is a trade name, and has changed ownership!! So what good is the lifetime warranty they offered twenty years ago(certainly less than a lifetime)?? No good at all.

All I pointed out was that the RedField name was being trade named by "Leupold and Stevens Inc." Was I wrong about that?? No, I do not think so, but check the RedField web page if you do not believe me.

Was I wrong when I said Leupold and Stevens Inc. can easily spin off a trade name(or sell it), thus making a lifetime warranty worthless?? No, I do not think so. It has been done in the past by many scope mfrs. I will name a few, Tasco, Charles Daly, older Bushnell. All these were well known sellers, but all were trade names. That was my point.

Please explain where I am wrong about what I just posted. The TROLL will not attack any of these points, because he does not understand the intricate differences between a true mfr. and a company selling a trade name.

Now what JIM. Argue with the above facts. Just try?? And it is basically the same thing I wrote in my first post on this thread.

I apologize to anyone who may think my remarks to JIM are out of bounds. But I will not just sit around and listen to his CRAP. Would a better man just ignore him?? YES-they probably would. But my daddy taught me to stand up to bullies, not turn the other cheek. Tom.

Last edited by HOGGHEAD; 08/18/10.

West By God Virginia
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Seriously,

I do wish you children would behave. I am sure your mother taught you better manners.

Bill

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The best thing to EVER come out of West Virginia is I-77 South.............

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,826
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.