Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
My wife will not participate in discussions of my activities in RSVN to this day, she chooses to ignore it as she was so afraid I would not come home and see my daughter we conceived just before I left. It is a totally taboo subject in her presence. Not all casualties were from combat.

I understand. Its funny, too. We sat around and talked about physical fitness tests (my buddies kid) just got home from practice.

Dad talked about the time that Donny's swim team was challenged to do 500 sit-up. He talked like it was yesterday and how Donny did 2,667 sit-ups before absolutely failing.

John had to carry Don back in to the locker-room. The dude left it all out there.

I expect he gave his missions the same treatment.

Kiss your wife for me T, eh?

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, I do frequently, and I never try to open her little chest of scaries, some things are far better off left under lock & key.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As an aside, it took me almost 25 years to open up even a little about my experiences, I have to be comfortable with my company to pull that book off the shelf.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Yep, I do frequently, and I never try to open her little chest of scaries, some things are far better off left under lock & key.

eekOh man, I just GOTTA be on her all time high chit list after what you just sent on eek Apologies rendered to the Lady!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, I told her what was in the box and she said FINE, I DON'T want to see it.

I respect her feelings and she respects mine. Now if ya start talking about it in her presence all bets are off! smile

I was on orders for a nice safe tour in Panmunjom with the 728 MP Co. when I got pulled in transit to go, she is still pizzed at the Army for that too.

Old cat turd!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tnx Pugs..wondered why you hadn't checked in....FLEM

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lee.. my book was also on the shelf where it had been for along time until awhile back when it got reopened by Evil Twin..Still blows my mind that both of us were at the same place fightin the bad guys 40 yrs ago...Jim my book now has its final chapter thanks to you!!....FLEM

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hill 474. Binh Dinh Province. Jan-Feb 1970. Your Gatlings got a workout because of us. Close air support from a Spooky. Who'd have thought! I was down on that hill and you wuz up making trouble!!!!

Last edited by EvilTwin; 09/03/10.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yea..and just glad we didn't give you the closest of all haircuts!!!!

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, if'n ya knew just HOW close a Spooky walked a burst, you wouldn't know whether to schitt or go blind!!!!!

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a bunch of us in that A.O. time to time. Our aviation officer was with the 101st flying Hueys, in a "stranger than fiction" moment he was at Rucker picking out 3 decommissioned Huey's and one of them was the FIVE-O-DEUCE, the very bird he flew out of Ahn Ke as a warrant officer pilot.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My grandfather went all the way from the beaches in Normandy to Berlin as a forward observer. He rarely speaks of it... and has nightmares when he does. He's a GOOD old man in his 80s and is a true American hero.

One of his famous quotes is the only lottery he won in his life was a free trip to Europe, and the a**holes shot at him the whole time he was there.

I pale in comparison to his service. Army from June 24th 1999 to September 25th, 2003. 501st Signal as a Satellite Communications Operator and Maintainer for a short stint, then was sent back to school to go to Satellite Control School, and wound up in 1st Satellite Control Battalion in Okinawa, Japan.

Was barred from re-enlistment due to medical problems, and wound up working as a contractor for the Army doing pretty much the same thing for another 5 years.

Compared to most here, my service is a candle compared to a figurative bonfire.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
USMC 73-75, Infantry. USN 1980-2009, flew S3B Viking primarily. Five thousand plus total hours, 3000 in the Viking. 599 total traps, Lebanon, Lybia, Desert (the first time), Yugoslavia, OEF.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinBrother Jorge, you were a Helluva Zoomie but yer REAL Badge of Honor is that you are forever a GRUNT!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roger that ET! A zoomie that is grounded in reality!

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Lumpia
My grandfather went all the way from the beaches in Normandy to Berlin as a forward observer. He rarely speaks of it... and has nightmares when he does. He's a GOOD old man in his 80s and is a true American hero.

One of his famous quotes is the only lottery he won in his life was a free trip to Europe, and the a**holes shot at him the whole time he was there.

I pale in comparison to his service. Army from June 24th 1999 to September 25th, 2003. 501st Signal as a Satellite Communications Operator and Maintainer for a short stint, then was sent back to school to go to Satellite Control School, and wound up in 1st Satellite Control Battalion in Okinawa, Japan.

Was barred from re-enlistment due to medical problems, and wound up working as a contractor for the Army doing pretty much the same thing for another 5 years.

Compared to most here, my service is a candle compared to a figurative bonfire.

Kudos to your Grandfather..

and good post on your part..

I feel the same way about my time in service...while reading your post, or Jorge's about his time in service...

I volunteered for a lot more training than I was able to get... but being peace time, post Vietnam...the Army was almost like being in the Boy Scouts instead..

I grew up as a military dependent, so I was around a lot of heroes....

NOt that I desire the country to be at war somewhere.. I just wanted all the training I could get incase I ever had to go into combat..

I chose medical corp,( 91 B, 91C ) but also wanted to be jump qualified and to be Green Beret qualified..on top of the med training...

the old man was stationed at Pope in 66 to 68, in the middle of Ft Bragg, and mom was secretary for the commanding General of the Green Berets...so I knew all about it..

wearing glasses, is what kept me from doing what I wanted to do most, since I was about 12... and that was to be a pilot..
like the old man was..and Jorge...

My respect for combat vets is immense..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C'mon you guys. The reality is that NOBODY'S service is minimal. You guys were all ready to Stand To. You just didn't have to. NOT a bad thing. Thank your lucky stars that you don't have to carry some of the memories that we do and accept your own well deserved Salutes.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 09/04/10.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey..are you and Lee callin me a "Zoomie" too ??? I resemble that remark grin

I always felt like I was part ground pounder because we always flew low enough most of the time and below minimum bailout altitude..figured if anything happened we would look for a good spot and try to ride the ole girl down....you know the old saying about jumping up just before you hit!!!Saw enough Ak muzzle flashes at fairly close range so you ought to give this old sarge a break!!!.....FLEM

Last edited by FlyboyFlem; 09/04/10.

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin grin grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 69sportfury, akpls, ak_Rick, 17 invisible), 17,097 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,879
Posts18,538,153
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
6 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.