Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
As to the "strongest" ML actions, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall MLs built off the Sharps action, the rolling-block action, and I think the High Wall action. If so, there is frankly NO doubt that any/all of them are a good bit stronger than the Savage or Rem "bolt" MLs.

Given that only the Sharps was designed as a ML action to begin with, it also negates Swamp's assertion that the Savage and Rem are the strongest ML actions ever designed. They weren't ML designs; they were/are centerfire designed actions adapted to ML; and the falling block and rolling block actions likewise modified are stronger.

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
As to lock-time, I'd like to know how much "faster" the ML700 is than the T/C System 1 or Black Diamond, considering that both of them use a clone (or same) 700 trigger assembly and sear, and the action is similar to the 700, but less than 1/2 the overall operable length of the 700SA, thus having less than 1/2 the lock travel of the 700SA.

Likewise, doesn't NULA make, or made, a ML?

I'd like to see Swamp's figures (backed up by verified data) as to the different lock-times of the MLs on the market today.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I'd like to see Swamp's figures (backed up by verified data) as to the different lock-times of the MLs on the market today.

OK, here, I got his data for you:

Originally Posted by Swampman700
All I can say is the most accurate muzzleloaders are boltactions.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Rem. Etronix, anyone?

ROR......

Shawn,

The fastest lock time of any rifle built. Who ever thought up that design did a great job of convincing the Remington maketing people it would sell. crazy It flopped terribly.

Doc

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
About the same as a "bolt action" muzzleloader. Even Remington admits the only reason they put a bolt on it was so it'd look familiar to people who were unfamiliar with muzzleloaders.

Of course, it's out of production too.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ha ha! I've got a flintlock that has quicker lock time than any of them! It's based on a Remington bolt action, so it's gotta be more accurate to boot!

About the only riflemen who can possibly benefit from an action with a few microseconds quicker lock time are competitive benchrest shooters. The rest of us hunters/experimenters can't tell the difference. (And I'll bet even most of them couldn't tell the difference in a blind "taste test".) Kind of like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You know, I guess I have been an azzhole calling, proving, and showing Swampman to be an idiot multiple times over.

However, me being an azzhole in calling him an idiot does not change the fact that he is an idiot.

Res ipsa loquitur.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You know, I guess I have been an azzhole calling, proving, and showing Swampman to be an idiot multiple times over.

However, me being an azzhole in calling him an idiot does not change the fact that he is an idiot.

Res ipsa loquitur.

While very true Swampman is either a troll or retarded. My vote is for a retarded troll.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Res ipsa loquitur.

Shawn,

YOU are not an azzhole...just a lawyer. Chilly enough for you this morning? whistle

Doc

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by captchee
Mine's A Triumph, Cap, and I really like the way it handles and balances. I'll weigh it and get back to ya.

thanks . could you tell me where she ballances as well ?

6 lbs., 8.3 oz. And she balances 4 1/2 inches in front of the trigger.

very good , thank you

Well, does that mean you're gonna go out and get one?

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
or hes just playing dumb to ruffle feathers. Im thinking thats it because i like to do that too laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mine's A Triumph, Cap, and I really like the way it handles and balances. I'll weigh it and get back to ya.

thanks . could you tell me where she ballances as well ?

6 lbs., 8.3 oz. And she balances 4 1/2 inches in front of the trigger.

very good , thank you

Well, does that mean you're gonna go out and get one?

LMAO
NOT a chance in hell smokepole LOL

though i will admit i have toyed with the idea of making a inline ignitioned rifle based of a early muzzleloader design . but thats about as close to a modern inline as i will ever come .
i did my playing with modern ingnition converssions long long ago .

simple put . i see no need . my flintlock is very accurate . i dont have any issues with cleaning nor finding Black powder .
i also dont see a need for jacketed bullets and such .
again i see no real need

now that being said . i dont think a person can know to much . thats why you folks often see me reading or commenting on modern topics .
i also like to see how many things relate between modern and traditional . as well as how many things dont .
i just find it interesting

Last edited by captchee; 10/05/10.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Understood, cap, just yankin' yer chain!!

Heck, if you don't see the need for a modern sleeping bag, I can't say I'm surprised you don't see the need for an in-line.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Understood, cap, just yankin' yer chain!!

Heck, if you don't see the need for a modern sleeping bag, I can't say I'm surprised you don't see the need for an in-line.

LMAO ya , ya , ok LOL
but IMO 1 , 6 point Hudson bay is as warm as any cheep modern bedroll from Wal-Mart. It makes a lot smaller roll . isn�t a whole lot heavier and I don�t have to worry about the thing catching on fire and melting to my body at 2am in the morning LOL

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Having spent several hundred nights in a Hudson Bay and even better wool blankets, I assure you they aren't even close to as warm as a modern sleeping bag.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
now thats one thing i will agree on. I'll take my sleeping bag over my capote any day.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Having spent several hundred nights in a Hudson Bay and even better wool blankets, I assure you they aren't even close to as warm as a modern sleeping bag.

metal issues can give that inmpression wasichu
i think we should re name you minisupekazo since that seems to be the level of your information

your assuring me ?? LMAO spent enough nights out in my life know whats warm for me .
i don�t need opinions from any watanabe
especially one with your knowledge wink

now thats one thing i will agree on. I'll take my sleeping bag over my capote any day.

ohhh come on kola your not so old that you sleep with the women are ya lol

edited for politeness to the troll

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/10.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
6'3 and 160lbs my skinny ass gets cold and my capote sucks lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LOL ya some time the Tin tipi is best . and a guys beer stays alot colder. the back side stays warmer and it beets crapping over a log , LOL

capotee's can be warm to . just depends on what they are made from .
mines made from 2 swiss army blankets .
when i know its going to be cold and we are hunting above 8000 ft . i take it wrapped in my HB .
literaly one morning i woke up and had 6 inches of snow over me . slept snug as a bug in a rug .
latter i found out that the temps had droped to right around 0

another time some friends and i got caught up in hornet creek rez while elk hunting .
the Rez is 7500ft .
there was 5 of us we all had single blankets and oil skins .

we found ourselves a nice deadfall and stretched the skins out .
it snowed for 2 days .
it was sooooooo cold that ,,,
if you got away from the fire and the skins to take a pee , you litteraly had to keep backing up as you pee'ed a cloths line LOL
i bet it was about 10 though when i took these photos . thats not including the wind chill .
it was blowing pretty had when we gor back into the trees . you can see the snow starting to build up on the sides of the trees .
was actualy a fairly cunfertable couple days , all things considered .
but im glad it wasnt any longer . it was hard enough geting down out of that on the 2nd day

here are some photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/10.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Swampy, you just don't get it and you have no principles. Anyone who reads this forum should know that captchee is a traditionalist, and he probably doesn't care if a modern sleeping bag is a little warmer. If his bedroll keeps him warm enough, that's all that matters.

As far as principles, try to get some and stick with 'em. You go on and on about "cartridges that've been around for 100+ years" and say the WSMs and SAUMs gave us "something we didn't need" and then turn right around and cream your pants over a bolt-action muzzleloader.

Get some principles to live by man!!!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (35, Angus1895, 44mc, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,152
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.