Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Very romantic but not very authentic.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman700
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more delusional than anyone on this forum.

There, fixed that for you jackazz. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One things for sure, a positive post will never get a reply. Thanks for thaking the time to respond.

wink

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Very romantic but not very authentic.

see the fella by the lake dick head . well he is a memebr of the AMM.
the other to fellas . well they were buckskinners just like you . but not any more .

one is now a memebr of the AMM and the other is a member of the Royal highlanders

not some wantabe civil war halfling or a part time living history reporter .

as to the point . of that trip . well it wasnt to be historicaly correct . it was for those to guys to start learning . they did .
unlike you who thinks he knows it all .
know one nows it all .
some just know more then others
you , well your one of the others

I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

you know i hear that about you . but only from you minisupekazo

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/10.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ahhhh pooie, My traditions kentucky will spank swampmans inlines and traditionals, along with captchee's throw into the bunch! laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Ahhhh pooie, My traditions kentucky will spank swampmans inlines and traditionals, along with captchee's throw into the bunch! laugh

could possibly do it bigblock. some of those traditions and old CVA kentuck�s shoot far better then folks give them credit for .

this is a photo of my mothers grandfather as a boy. [Linked Image]

i was 20 when he passed over .
He was a traditionalist pure and true

What did that mean ??? well he followed the ways of our people as did my mother .
Did that mean they were less because they had adopted a Whiteman�s dress.
Lived in a house with four wall . Cooked with electricity , drove a car �..
That somehow they were less for it .

Did he dress this way when we hunted together when I was a boy . NO .
he didnt need to becouse he exsperianced what you play at for real

Does anyone here think there would be a need in order to teach a boy to be a hunter .
How about when instilling knowledge of the past ?

I look at things the same way .
a lot of my friends enjoy the buckskining level of traditional muzzleloading . While myself an other go deep in the research and authenticity . But does that mean I have less of an experience because they are along . ?? NO .

We have others who just like the rifles and gear . They come along on our trips and hunts wearing nothing but blue jeans .
Some also bring modern sleeping bags . some even carry modern cartradge guns .
thats ok .
Its their choice . Its their gear. They pack what they think they need .
and its allways fun when you get a chance to say ; seen it right off . guess you learned something from it .

. NONE that I know of have ever not came away with an experience . Nor has any failed to add to the enjoyment of the experience .
Be it fred in his nickers . Or Allen in his faided berry dyed corts . both well into thei 60's
Its about the individual experience . Its about constantly learning . Testing yourself
Some end up wanting more . Some don�t .

So while swampman may thump his chest and look down on fellas like those in my photo , claimin , not very Authentic
I wouldn�t trade that experience for anything .
It was very enjoyable and a very enlightening trip .
We all grew from the experience .
that folks is what its all about .
thats what folks like swampman will never get or understand . thats why they are here doing to you all what they have been shunned in other places for doing .

anyway you all have a good night
ohhhh and trust in swampman he knows the way , after all he says so wink

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AMM.....LOL!

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
AMM.....LOL!

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there.

That brings more to the table than you ever have, or could.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

"I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum"

Wow.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
yep AMM
but then your probably confussing them with the AMA .
which your more familure with

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there

don�t put words in my mouth minisupekazo. I never said any such thing.
But then you didn�t have to read my post did you .
After all being telepathic has its benefits
As to the other romantic stuff , well il leave that up to the farbs like yourself to start
again your one of those folks who just cant get it .
Slipping on a cod piece doesn�t make you traditional .
Buying a civil war out fit or doesn�t make you traditional .
It does however mean you can dress up in a costume I guess . Ill give you that much .

See you are like a Virus that slowly eats away the body . Then moves on to someone else .
Maybe the modern folks here would probably do well to take a step back and remember the issues they have with the traditional side of this sport .
Maybe then they will realize that the same thing is happening to the modern movement.

It didn�t happen over night , OHHHH no . it was a slow gradual thing . those issues all build from folks like you .
Speaking of which
I think we are all still waiting for you ,minisupekazo. To answer questions ?
I don�t think that will happen . Though it might . If you think it will keep people posting to you .
See I don�t think your so much a Troll . Possibly more a lonely person . A person who for the most part has to have conflict in order to gain attention
You started a good thread . But then you yourself killed it with your so called wisdom .
But the topic was really over anyway , wasn�t it . So like many other times you create conflict . Post a lot of one liners and such .so as to get people to talk to you

so i think im going to pull the plug on you .
you already have made a complete fool of yourself so its not hard to ignore you .
so im going to do that .
now if you want to get back to answering the questions to your idiotic statements.
I think a who lot of folks here are waiting minisupekazo for you to answer their questions .

If you cant . Then no worries . We all understand that you don�t have the knowledge to do so . Past maybe a cut and paste . I think you have proven that very well

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

"I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum"

Wow.

Arrogance, combined with idiocy. It's truly a stunning combination.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Swampy, I took my meds, why don't you regale me with tales of your traditional experience?

Or explain how it is that the WSMs and SAUMs "gave us something we don't need," but on the other hand you cream your pants over a "bolt-action" (actually a misnomer) muzzleloader?

Now, that was something we really, really needed, don't you think?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The WSMs and the SAUMs duplicate ancient cartridges. They will be gone soon enough. They were created to sell rifles to suckers.

I hunted with flintlocks and selfbows in period attire for over 20 years.

The boltaction muzzleloaders are the most accurate and strongest muzzleloaders on the market. They are not for romantic play acting they are for making meat.

I've been chuckling all day about the AMM.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
You have pics of all your success with those primitive weapons?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How can you take pictures in the 18th century?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

hes been doing it for 20 years smokepole .
i guess to him thats a long time

i still dont think he knows what the AMM is .
or maybe he does but couldn�t get in even with the minimum standards

bet he has been riding the short bus most if not all his life ,.
i dont know about the rest of you but i been laughing my ass off . just from his stupidity
as soon as i think he cant say something any more stupif .
here comes another one that trumps the last one . its simply un believable

but there is hope .
he might qualify to join the WFT but then looking at the requirments page . probably not laugh
http://www.womenofthefurtrade.com/wst_page2.html

Last edited by captchee; 10/07/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've been shooting and building traditional guns for 35 years. I only did play acting for 20+.

I got tired of the AMM guys showing up in modern boots and wearing long johns.

The reason I gave up is because I got tired of others letting me down with their lack of commitment. To a man they all cheated.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The WSMs and the SAUMs duplicate ancient cartridges. They will be gone soon enough. They were created to sell rifles to suckers.

Now that's funny. Especially with reference to bolt action muzzleloaders. If you read any of Remington's promotional materials for the 700 ML, they come right out and say that the "bolt-action" muzzleloaders were made to sell to people familiar with their modern bolt action centerfires, but unfamiliar with muzzleloaders.

If that ain't "created to sell rifles to suckers" I don't know what is.

Which "ancient cartridges" do the SAUMs and WSMs duplicate, by the way?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by captchee
I look at things the same way .
a lot of my friends enjoy the buckskining level of traditional muzzleloading . While myself an other go deep in the research and authenticity . But does that mean I have less of an experience because they are along . ?? NO .

Very cool photo captchee. With all the traditional weapons to choose from, what was it about flintlocks that tripped your trigger? Anything you can point to? Just curious.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (BALLISTIK, Akhutr, batch, BamaJoe, 8 invisible), 1,192 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,143
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.