Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I got the 2-7X32 Nikon Prostaff mounted in some Weaver rings that were in my parts box. I need to get a Metrics Unlimited breech plug.

[Linked Image]

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I managed to get my Sidekick to the range today and get off a few shots before it started pouring down rain. These 3 were taken at 50 yards. I had 2" of fast running water under the bench when I took these shots at 50 yards. 90 grains of BH209, Winchester primers, Metrics Unlimited breechplug, T/C 240 Grain Cheap Shots. Recoil was very moderate, clean-up was about like cleaning a regular hunting rifle and I used Hoppes #9.

[Linked Image]

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's a shame Remington doesn't bring this one back. We have almost nothing to choose from now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Right, the choices are so meager I'm thinking of giving up on muzzleloading altogether.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
These are guns that should be with us. Remington realy don't know what they have in the H&R brand guns .Better then there single shot every thought of being.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Right, the choices are so meager I'm thinking of giving up on muzzleloading altogether.

wink

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

There are still a few used guns worth owning. I'm stuck with those right now. Maybe Knight will come back....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Knight Rifles lost all its market share in the domestic ML market. It was not worth the investment or risk to invest to revitalize a dying company.

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Some might say the same thing about T/C.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
With a 53% market share in the U.S. they can say it but it will not be factual. CVA has the next largest market share with the balance in the smaller companies.

Doc

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, with no good choices left these days, I'm surprised anyone can even kill a game animal with these new rifles.

Personally, I wish Remington would bring back its bolt-action muzzleloader--now there was an idea who's time had come--a bolt-action muzzleloader.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yeah, with no good choices left these days, I'm surprised anyone can even kill a game animal with these new rifles.

Personally, I wish Remington would bring back its bolt-action muzzleloader--now there was an idea who's time had come--a bolt-action muzzleloader.

Smokey,

You have a way with words. grin

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Remington 700ML is the best. T/C has been losing money hand over fist.....CVA will get rid of them too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
T/C is losing money hand-over fist?

Well, I don't know about that but at least their rifles are still in production. I guess the 700ML would be too, if people ever bought 'em.

I bet the "bolt action" makes 'em faster to re-load, huh?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not really faster but very accurate and so easy to find a load for.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Myself, I'm waiting for someone to bring out a lever action muzzleloader.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Myself, I'm waiting for someone to bring out a lever action muzzleloader.

no more difficult then a bolt action set up smokepole .
back in the 70s i built one from a marlin 30.30 frame

In fact wasn�t there someone just a few years back that was marketing a rifle that looked like a lever action but wasn�t a functional action ???

past that . remember TC isn�t TC anymore TC is just a name . S&W now makes TC

Last edited by captchee; 10/02/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The T/C Scout looked a little like a lever action. I do remember the one you're talking about, but I don't remember who made it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Actually, I have a hard time seeing how a bolt or a lever serves a useful purpose on a muzzleloader.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The bolt guns are more accurate. The lever makes no sense.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ah, the bolt on a muzzleloader makes it more accurate, does it?

That makes a whole lot of sense. Would you care to explain how a bolt makes a muzzleloader more accurate?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

both carry a bolt . be they lever of bolt action
Do they do anything really different then say a hammer type action .
Well no not really when it comes to a muzzle loading application
Unless you consider an added amount of safety , considering how the bolts lock up .
But even in that area both are very close

As for usefulness . Well it would be about as useful as a break open or a bolt action .
No real difference in loading or priming .
All the lever does in a muzzle loading application is serve as a way to action the bolt and thus cock the firing pin .
And one could produce either an exposed ignition or closed , by simple modification of the bolt itself
The thing though is it really comes down to consumer mindset and cost of production .
a lot more folks relate to a bolt action configuration . IR the Remington 700 type being the most common .

As to accuracy . you will have to explain to me how you conclude a bolt action is more accurate then a lever action?
Is my 30.30 Winchester or marlin as accurate at 300 yards as say my 65X55 Swed ? No . but that has nothing to do with the action

Now I would be the very first to admit I know less them many here when it comes to modern marketed muzzle loading rifles .
But I honestly think the decline of folks are seeing is very much like the decline in traditional muzzleloader companies in the lat 1970�s-early 80�s
Production costs are on the rise .
Manufactures are producing a product with high liability .
The consumer market isn�t willing to pay much more then is being charged now .
Top that of with no real resale value .

Beating as much of the above as one can and you have a better chance of staying in business.
that�s why the importers like CVA , Traditions , Lyman , will stay around while companies like Knight , White , close up while others like TC an Savage end up against the ropes .

The money isn�t in the guns . Its in all the other items that come along . IE new bullets , powders and such . But even with them , the money tapers away . But as long as they keep coming out with something new that has a low production cost . Yet is capable of carrying a high retail price . That market will stay fluid

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Aw, c'mon cap, I wanna hear him explain why a bolt action muzzleloader is "more accurate."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fixed barrel.....much faster lock time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Much faster than what?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Only the Savage is faster. Just the fact that it's a Remington makes it better than the rest.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, quote the lock times for the Remington and others.

Google must be slow this morning.

Originally Posted by Swampman700
Just the fact that it's a Remington makes it better than the rest.

Actually, that's incorrect since remington no longer makes them, you should use past tense.

Telling that they were discontinued.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fixed barrel.....much faster lock time.

do what ????
what are you talking about
are you saying a lever action berrel is fixed to the reciever in a diffrent way then a bolt action?

that some how the firing pin in a lever action travels noticably slower then the pin in a bolt action ?

now i could see miliseconds slower in the case of say a a winchester 64 . but i seriously doubt its enough slower that you or anyone else would ever be effected by it

Last edited by captchee; 10/03/10.

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
it think he is googling oppenions again Smokepole

One disadvantage of the popular lever action rifles (except the Browning BLR, Winchester 95 and the discontinued Sako Finnwolf, Savage 99 and Winchester 88), is that they are not chambered for high intensity cartridges and their tubular magazines prohibit the use of conventional pointed (spitzer) bullets. Hornady has solved that problem for lever action rifles with tubular magazines by introducing their LEVERevolution ammunition line with Flex-Tip spitzer bullets. It is this bullet that made the high-performance .308 Marlin Express cartridge a viable possibility.

Another disadvantage is that lever actions are generally regarded as being a little bit less accurate than a good bolt action or falling block rifle. This may be partly because of their two-piece stocks, partly because their bolts lock at the rear, partly due to the rear sight mounting slots cut into their barrels and partly because the forearms and magazine tubes of most models are attached to their barrels by barrel bands. It is also fair to point out that the selection of cartridges for lever action rifles is more limited than for bolt action or single shot rifles.

but again this doesnt hold true for all lever actions and I suspect any acuracy issues has far more to do with bullet preformance and shooter . then it does with the type of action

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The most successful new muzzleloading rifle launch was the T/C "Omega" rifle, followed by the Encore pro hunter in numbers of units sold.

Once the Omera hit the market the ML "Bolt action" was to die a slow death. The demise of the Bolt action ML was not due to the lock time on the trigger or the accuracy of the barrel. Closed drop lever breech designs provided acceptable accuracy and a much easier to clean ML rifle platform. (bingo)

The fact that the bolt action Remington 700 ML was discontinued long ago and Knight rifles new rifle products could not complete is evidence to the evolution to the drop lever breech designs on ML rifles.

The Rem. 700 ML followed the rest of the dinosaurs.

Doc

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
The most successful new muzzleloading rifle launch was the T/C "Omega" rifle, followed by the Encore pro hunter in numbers of units sold.

Once the Omera hit the market the ML "Bolt action" was to die a slow death. The demise of the Bolt action ML was not due to the lock time on the trigger or the accuracy of the barrel. Closed drop lever breech designs provided acceptable accuracy and a much easier to clean ML rifle platform. (bingo)

The fact that the bolt action Remington 700 ML was discontinued long ago and Knight rifles new rifle products could not complete is evidence to the evolution to the drop lever breech designs on ML rifles.

Doc

Spot on analysis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only the Savage is faster.

I think you're wrong about that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Once the Omera hit the market the ML "Bolt action" was to die a slow death. The demise of the Bolt action ML was not due to the lock time on the trigger or the accuracy of the barrel. Closed drop lever breech designs provided acceptable accuracy and a much easier to clean ML rifle platform. (bingo).....

Doc

Doc, I agree with all that, but IMHO, another reason all of the modern muzzleloaders with long actions like the bolt action bit the dust was that for practical purposes all the actions accomplish is to add length and weight with absolutely no benefit in return. If your hunting consists of walking 200 yards to a tree stand, not such a big deal but if you need to cover a lot of ground, especially in the mountains, weight matters. Unless you're a guy like captchee who totes long-barreled traditionsl rifles and wool blankets for a bedroll, that is.

That's why I like my Triumph.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
if you need to cover a lot of ground, especially in the mountains, weight matters. Unless you're a guy like captchee who totes long-barreled traditionsl rifles and wool blankets for a bedroll, that is.

yep granted .
however i would point that even thought a long abarrel . if the rifle is ballanced properly , you dont really notice the diffrence
i did a quick google and see that the Omaga wieghs in at 7 lbs. i sure would have thought it would have been less then that
so i would then have to ask , how does it ballance .
is it nutral or forward ?

i would dare to guess probably rather nose heavy . forward

my Hershel wieghs in at just a tad over 7lbs and carries a 42 inch 54 cal iron barrel .
it ballances exsactly 4 fingers in front of the lock .
i can tell you carring it is a dream be i craddles , one handed or over the shoulder .
infact i would rather carry it over a long distance , then i would my 65x55 without a sling

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

http://randywakeman.com/ballltd80.htm

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Savage CEO Ron Coburn, who hunts with a 10ML himself, promises that every new Savage 10ML-II is capable of 1-1/2 inch accuracy at 100 yards,

1 1/2" groups? Hell my $188 cva wolf does that, no it does better than that.

my cva hunterbolt does 1.5" groups with 90gr BH209 and a 245gr powerbelt and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

accu trigger is funny. My brother in law was shooting his 22250 savage 2 days ago and it kept going click, click, bang, click, bang.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Oh, so now Randy Wakeman is the authority we're all quoting?

How about this gem off his website, it's his review of the "bolt action" wonder gun:

""Unfortunately, the 700 ML / MLS rifles have some serious flaws. As supplied, the trigger varies from over 6 lbs. to in well in excess of 7 lbs. as measured by my trigger pull gauge.

The buttstock is hollow, which helps to explain the rifle's muzzle heavy feel. The ramrod is poorly designed and painful to use. Worse yet, the barrel can easily be lifted away from the flimsy plastic forearm no matter how tightly the lug screws are tightened.

The hex-head bolt stop screw on the tested model is fussy. Finger-tight, the bolt falls right out. Tightened firmly with the supplied wrench, the bolt is locked in place and does not move at all.

The instruction manual suggests that you stick a coin in a vise to disassemble the bolt. A coin, and a vise to hold the coin, is not included in the supplied tools. These Remington muzzleloading rifles are the only ones I have seen that do not come with all tools necessary for disassembly. The front trigger guard screw is a very small hex-head, much smaller than the other two 5/32" Allen head stock screws. To remove the barreled action for a though cleaning you'll have to hunt for a wrench, as well as your vise.

The 3-way ignition (#11 caps, musket caps, and 209 primers) breechplug comes with a 209 shotshell primer nipple installed. Unfortunately, the blow back with 209 primers is fierce, the worst I have encountered. This is due to large vents that surround the primer. And the 209 primers stick in the 700ML after virtually every shot. Included with your new Remington is a green handled primer pick, so you can pry out the spent primers.

The supplied weather shroud is a tube that fits over the end of the bolt, then ensconces the primer nipple. Currently, the Remington WebSite states "NOTE: The Model 700 ML Weather Shroud is not intended for use with 209 primers." This information has not yet filtered into the instruction manual (!), but it is good advice. Firing the rifle with the weather shroud in place directs most to the gas right into your face. If you must shoot a Remington 700ML / MLS with the weather shroud in place, the #11 cap ignition is the least painful option.

A 700 MLS was test fired for this article. With the feel of flaming sand impregnating itself into my face, this gun truly is a pain to shoot. It kicks like a mule, is decidedly muzzle heavy, and the barreled action is poorly fitted to the molded stock.

In a recent widely distributed article I suggested that the prospective muzzleloading buyer was better off looking to a true black powder company to fulfill their needs. Remington has confirmed the veracity of that suggestion. Remington has apparently left the muzzleloading business, no longer participated in NMLRA events in 2004, and has no production scheduled for their 700ML in 2005.""

Yep, I gotta agree with you swampy, Wakeman sure knows his stuff!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Wakeman's article is outdated. You should know that. There's a muzzleloader that beats both the Remington and the Savage in ignition time. Get a clue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by captchee

i did a quick google and see that the Omaga wieghs in at 7 lbs. i sure would have thought it would have been less then that
so i would then have to ask , how does it ballance .
is it nutral or forward ?

i would dare to guess probably rather nose heavy . forward

Mine's A Triumph, Cap, and I really like the way it handles and balances. I'll weigh it and get back to ya.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Savage CEO Ron Coburn, who hunts with a 10ML himself, promises that every new Savage 10ML-II is capable of 1-1/2 inch accuracy at 100 yards,

1 1/2" groups? Hell my $188 cva wolf does that, no it does better than that.

my cva hunterbolt does 1.5" groups with 90gr BH209 and a 245gr powerbelt and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

accu trigger is funny. My brother in law was shooting his 22250 savage 2 days ago and it kept going click, click, bang, click, bang.

Bigblock,

I have no doubt to your CVA groups. I have the highest respect and admiration for Ron Coburn of Savage. Ron took a bankrupt gun company
and turned it into a very profitable and viable gun manufacturer. I would rather have a Savage centerfire rifle than any Remington.

OPPS...here comes Swampy on my butt.

Doc

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Oh, so now Randy Wakeman is the authority we're all quoting ?

sick laugh laugh
pay him enough and i ll bet he would say that a Jukar was the best gun on the market .

is that also where you got the bullets dont transfer energy oppenion swampman crazy

Mine's A Triumph, Cap, and I really like the way it handles and balances. I'll weigh it and get back to ya.

thanks . could you tell me where she ballances as well ?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Wakeman's article is outdated. You should know that. There's a muzzleloader that beats both the Remington and the Savage in ignition time. Get a clue.

You're full of [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T/Cs are ok I just wish they didn't bore them so tight you have to hunt down special projectiles and sabots that will fit down the barrel. At least a T/C is safe to shoot.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
hey i just realized something funny!!

swampy likes randy wakeman but wakeman calls the rem 700 a piece of junk LMAO!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Too bad Sako doesn't make muzzleloaders their locktime is 1/2 that of a Remington 700. I like the lock times on TC's and CVA's just fine and I GET 1" groups easily with either and I use a Nikon BDC scope with the rice grain reticle. grin Owned a 700 muzzleloader once , its probably serving its purpose better as a trotline sinker these days.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Right now the Savage has them all beat for accuracy, safety, and looks. The 700ML was the easiest to work up a load for and next to the Savage the strongest muzzleloader ever built.

The Remington 700ML shoots about everything including patched round balls really well.

The T/C have issues and the spanish muzzleloaders are dangerous.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I like the lock times on TC's and CVA's just fine and I GET 1" groups easily with either and I use a Nikon BDC scope with the rice grain reticle. grin

That's because on any modern muzzleloader, "lock time" is waaaaaay down the list of factors that affect accuracy.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No it's just as important with a muzzleloader as it is with any rifle. That why boltaction muzzleloaders are so accurate.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're full of [bleep].

That's the best you got? Come on swampy, at least go down swinging.

Actually, you're the one that's full of s h i t.

You don't know what you're talking about, as far as the Savage and Remington MLs having the fastest ignition times of any muzzleloader.

And you don't know what you're talking about when you say "lock time" makes a difference, practically-speaking, in the accuracy of modern rifles.

But still you spout.

Since you don't have a clue, I'll throw you a couple. If you think a "bolt action" was innovative for ignition, think really innovative.

If you think Remington is the top of the heap, think of the muzzleloading rifle brand you like to dump on the most.

And then think about the fact that said company has a rifle with faster ignition than either of the two rifles you say are the fastest of all.

And then go out and buy one of these rifles with the fastest ignition, since ignition time is so important to you.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
savages are dangerous

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

6 lbs., 8.3 oz. And she balances 4 1/2 inches in front of the trigger.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
very good , thank you

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
O.K. I'm convinced, I should just stick with a caplock.

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hawken
O.K. I'm convinced, I should just stick with a caplock.

I agree. Go with what suits you best, never a bad idea.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Second strongest ML action ever invented? Really?

I'm thinking that Sharps might have a thing or three to say about that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
very good , thank you

You're welcome cap, what's your idea of where a good rifle oughta balance?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No it's just as important with a muzzleloader as it is with any rifle. That why boltaction muzzleloaders are so accurate.

The most ignorant statement ever made on the ML forum. laugh

Doc

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think he claims that distinction on several forums.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
very good , thank you

You're welcome cap, what's your idea of where a good rifle oughta balance?

well it depends on your shooting style.
but a neutral balance should be right about center of the forearm where you would naturally carry it one handed .
at this point she shoulders and carries nicely . but can wonder a little in the target hold when shooting off hand .

normally for a rifle i balance neutral to just a tad nose heavy .
Have a little bit of nose down makes a rifle real steady when shooting off hand . But it does have its drawbacks .
IE its slower in the draw and depending on how heavy it can make for a much shorter hold time .
Also if to nose heavy , the rifle feels heavy and bulky in the carry . Thus you end up rather quickly shifting how your carrying the rifle . OR you end up with a sling and carry it shouldered most of the time

Now if you balance is point is to far forward . The butt will drop in the carry . Thus producing the very same carry issues as a gun that�s to nose heavy . The other difference is that while balancing a gun such makes for a very quick draw . It also makes for a sight picture that wants to wander all over hell and back

When I build a rifle I build it for neutral balance regardless of the length of the barrel and for a piece that�s in the 7-8lb range for an adult

On most center fire designs , be they bolt or lever actions , the balance close or near the ejection port . IE they are very butt heavy .
Not any real issue when your shooting from a rest

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In all fairness to swampman fellas . Lock time is important in any firearm .
However I don�t believe there is a gun out there . Minus some of the very cheap ,cheap side locks . That would have a lock time slow enough anyone other then a professional shooter , would even know about it
IMO and again this is just my opinion. But a far bigger issue is just plain crappy poor quality trigger setups..

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
However I don�t believe there is a gun out there . Minus some of the very cheap ,cheap side locks . That would have a lock time slow enough anyone other then a professional shooter , would even know about it

Well, I think if you're talking modern in-lines, the differences in ignition time are even smaller, harder to detect, and less consequential with respect to accuracy and I'd be willing to bet that swampy doesn't even know the lock times for the majority of rifles out there. And if you're going to make any conclusions about how lock time affects accuracy, the actual lock times are only half the equation. Once you have the lock times, then you'd have to run controlled tests to see how varying the lock time affects accuracy.

Or, just talk out your ass as swampy is wont to do.

Trigger, yes, and barrel/crown/twist rate for your projectile and a host of other variables all relegate lock time to the back of the bus as a factor affecting accuracy in modern rifles.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Well, I think if you're talking modern in-lines, the differences in ignition time are even smaller, harder to detect, and less consequential with respect to accuracy and I'd be willing to bet that swampy doesn't even know the lock times for the majority of rifles out there. And if you're going to make any conclusions about how lock time affects accuracy, the actual lock times are only half the equation. Once you have the lock times, then you'd have to run controlled tests to see how varying the lock time affects accuracy.

Or, just talk out your ass as swampy is wont to do.

Trigger, yes, and barrel/crown/twist rate for your projectile and a host of other variables all relegate lock time to the back of the bus as a factor affecting accuracy in modern rifles.

yep and what about powder burn rates and ignition temps ????

what good does it do to have a cast action . but then use a powder that ignights at say ??? 750 deg vs one that ignights at 400 deg ?

again as you say . all are so minute that 99.9 would nto know the diffrence .
but ha since we are on it . shouldnt we include that to the list whistle

Last edited by captchee; 10/04/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All I can say is the most accurate muzzleloaders are boltactions.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I beg to differ with ya on the bolt action

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's right, that's all you can say.

Maybe if you keep repeating it, and click your heels together three times........

I wonder how many state and national champion muzzleloaders shoot "bolt actions?"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They aren't allowed to use boltactions. They are stuck with antiques.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by savage62

And you'd be wrong.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
you mean like Rigby's , Tryon, Gibbs and Whitworth rifles

Last I read the championships only state that the rifle must be a reproduction of an original or antique.
So since your bolt action is actually nothing more then a plunger type ignition .
Which existed late 17th early 18th century .

Why do you think it wasn�t used as a successful long range ignition platform for muzzle loading rifles ????
Was it a conspiracy or something ????. I bet that�s got to be it .

i say you need to put you money where your mouth is and give it a go
build a replica rifle and potition for acceptance .
tell then you have 200 + years of long range muzzleloading history saying your full of BS .
i think you been googling to much on bolt actions and have decided that what your reading about centerfires also pertains to muzzleloading .
but again thats my oppenion . you have yours .

im still waiting for the : so you figured this out on your own post "
that one post had me spitting coffee LMAO

Americans Win Gold at 7th World Long-Range Muzzle-Loading Championships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 7th Long-Range World Championships were held 24-27 September at Camp Butner, North Carolina, USA. Shooters from seven nations competed at distances between 300 and 1,000 yards, turning in performances worthy of the best modern target rifles.

But these were not modern high-velocity rifles, but the percussion target rifles of the 19th century, when long-range shooting was in its infancy. Typically between .40 and .50 caliber, weighing around fifteen pounds, these rifles represented the apogee of mid-1800s firearm technology.

American competitors excelled in the original-arms division of the matches. Firing 150-year-old antiques, Karl Kuehn took gold in the 1,000-yard match and silver in the 900-yard match, carrying him to triumph in the overall long-range aggregate and earning a bronze medal in the grand aggregate. Nor was Kuehn the only medalist. Al Roberts won the original division of the 600-yard match, while Mon Yee took bronze at 300 and 500 yards - scores which would earn him bronze in the mid-range aggregate as well. Meanwhile, Dave Munch and Rick Weber took bronze medals in the reproduction and original divisions of the 1,000-yard event, and while John Whittaker didn't win any one event, his overall strong performance took bronze in the long-range aggregate.

The Long-Range Muzzle-Loading World Championship was held under the auspices of the Muzzle-Loading Associations International Committee (MLAIC), the world governing body for competition with black powder firearms. The 8th World Long-Range Championship will be held in 2011, at the famed Bisley range in Great Britain.

More information on long-range muzzle-loading is available at www.lrml.org. Information on the U.S. Team is available at the team web site, www.usimlt.org. The MLAIC's web site is www.mlaic.org.

guys . your only going toget one liners or qoutes from reporters like RW fromt his guy . im a thinking its best just to ignore him

Last edited by captchee; 10/04/10.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a REM. 50 cal when the first came out.. Its was very very accurate. Years ago,,Rem 700.s centerfires were one of the most accurate rifles out there, and had the fastest lock time of all the rifles out there. This was one the the reasons it was one of the most accurate rifles. The REM Bolt action muzzy, was somewhat the same design. If you think a hammer gun is faster than a bolt gun,, you guys have a lot to learn.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brucie
If you think a hammer gun is faster than a bolt gun,, you guys have a lot to learn.....

Who said a hammer gun is faster than a bolt gun?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by savage62

And you'd be wrong.

OK. Prove it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you think a hammer gun is faster than a bolt gun,, you guys have a lot to learn.....

i dont think anyone is saying its faster. just that its not less accurate .

i also submit that while slower . it is not slower to the point you or most likly anyone else on this board would notice it unless the gun was not working properly .

we also should remeber that there are guns out there that shoot far better then the person pulling the trigger is capable of shooting

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
we also should remeber that there are guns out there that shoot far better then the person pulling the trigger is capable of shooting

Yeah, like all the guns I own . . . grin

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If it was possible to have 5 hammer guns,with the same bullet,same amount of powder,and same ignition source,and shoot 3-5 shot groups with these guns,,,,,and then,,if possible, which it isnt,,,,retofit the same guns with a bolt actions, and with the same loads,ect..im think you would get some better groups....not much better, but enough to see the faster lock time of the bolts actions will make a difference..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like that,,,,(The only Goverment i trust is my 45-70 GOV)...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brucie
If it was possible to have 5 hammer guns,with the same bullet,same amount of powder,and same ignition source,and shoot 3-5 shot groups with these guns,,,,,and then,,if possible, which it isnt,,,,retofit the same guns with a bolt actions, and with the same loads,ect..im think you would get some better groups....

I'm thinking you wouldn't. So where does that leave us.

But just for conversation's sake, how fast is the lock time of the "bolt action," and how fast is, say, the T/C Omega?

Also, how big a difference in lock time does there need to be before the average shooter will experience a difference in accuracy?

Also, if lock time makes such a huge difference, I'm thinking swampy will rush right out and get the CVA rifle with the fastest ignition time there is.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Now maybe im way off base here . But lets re cap

The original statements were :

1)The bolt guns are more accurate. The lever makes no sense.
2)Fixed barrel.....much faster lock time.
3)Only the Savage is faster. Just the fact that it's a Remington makes it better than the rest
4)All I can say is the most accurate muzzleloaders are boltactions

Now I left some of the bla bla out . But the above is the jest of it

Lets take #1 shall we .
Bolt guns are more accurate . Again I point out that lever actions also carry a bolt .
The only difference is that a fully bolt action releases the firing pin . While with SOME lever actions like on the Winchester 64 or Marlin�s , the firing pin is struck by a hammer . Which can produce slightly slower lock speed /

2) fixed barrel , much faster lock time .
We already covered the lock time so lets hit the fixed barrel issues
With both designs the barrels are fixed to the receiver. Past that you either gave a floating or bedded barrel . Of which by the way is how. Remington got the name of Bedington . Because it take so much bedding compound to properly bed the receiver and barrels.
As to whats more accurate a free floating or bedded barrel ?? Well that still a mater of debate .

Now if one subscribes to the point of view that . Lever actions are less accurate because the stock is a two piece and that the magazine or in some cases loading tube is attached to the barrel .
Then how does this relate to modern muzzle loading when they all carry RR in the same position and most have some type of two piece stock .
I would also submit that if the true issue was the 2 piece stock , then you all would be shooting traditional rifles for the accuracy

3) physically impossible since they both are based off the same action .
With the only difference being that the savage has a stronger lock up . � assuming we are talking about the ML10
So the only diffrence in speed is concerning muzzle loading
a) breech design
b) powder choice

4)All I can say is the most accurate muzzleloaders are bolt actions
Is this because the are slower to cycle ? Which again is negated by the fact we are talking muzzleloaders
Is it because in the prone position you can sometimes achieve a more solid rest
Again we are talking muzzle loading rifles here .
Is it because like with a side lock , you don�t have the internal torque playing a part in ignition. I would point out you don�t have that with any inline ignition .

I have to wonder . Do you understand what the bolt in a bolt action actually does what purpose it serves .

as to Brucie exsample

IF and again it�s a big if , the only way one could do such a test , is to completely remove the human element.
Which mean the guns would have to be mounted and fired electronically in order to discern which design was more accurate
As such lock time would mater 0 .
IE no human element . No issue with lock time .

When you add in a human element then you start adding human variables that effect accuracy . IE Trigger pull . Hold , stance , sight picture , stock fit and design .

Of which again I point out that the biggest issue with all be they blot , lever or side lock . Is a crappy trigger pull . Which will effect a shooters accuracy far more then .a 500 thousands of second , slower lock time .

Like smoke pole . I would agree that if one could do just what you stated . And completely remove the human element from the question so as to base the findings on accuracy of design . I don�t think one would see any difference at all .
�IF� all one was doing was changing out the receivers

Last edited by captchee; 10/05/10.

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Also, if lock time makes such a huge difference, I'm thinking swampy will rush right out and get the CVA rifle with the fastest ignition time there is.

LMAO i just got this LOL its been going right over my head

ya , then why isnt her on here toughting the electra for its lock time LOL

good poiont smokepole

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rem. Etronix, anyone?

ROR......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
As to the "strongest" ML actions, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall MLs built off the Sharps action, the rolling-block action, and I think the High Wall action. If so, there is frankly NO doubt that any/all of them are a good bit stronger than the Savage or Rem "bolt" MLs.

Given that only the Sharps was designed as a ML action to begin with, it also negates Swamp's assertion that the Savage and Rem are the strongest ML actions ever designed. They weren't ML designs; they were/are centerfire designed actions adapted to ML; and the falling block and rolling block actions likewise modified are stronger.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
As to lock-time, I'd like to know how much "faster" the ML700 is than the T/C System 1 or Black Diamond, considering that both of them use a clone (or same) 700 trigger assembly and sear, and the action is similar to the 700, but less than 1/2 the overall operable length of the 700SA, thus having less than 1/2 the lock travel of the 700SA.

Likewise, doesn't NULA make, or made, a ML?

I'd like to see Swamp's figures (backed up by verified data) as to the different lock-times of the MLs on the market today.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I'd like to see Swamp's figures (backed up by verified data) as to the different lock-times of the MLs on the market today.

OK, here, I got his data for you:

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Rem. Etronix, anyone?

ROR......

Shawn,

The fastest lock time of any rifle built. Who ever thought up that design did a great job of convincing the Remington maketing people it would sell. crazy It flopped terribly.

Doc

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
About the same as a "bolt action" muzzleloader. Even Remington admits the only reason they put a bolt on it was so it'd look familiar to people who were unfamiliar with muzzleloaders.

Of course, it's out of production too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ha ha! I've got a flintlock that has quicker lock time than any of them! It's based on a Remington bolt action, so it's gotta be more accurate to boot!

About the only riflemen who can possibly benefit from an action with a few microseconds quicker lock time are competitive benchrest shooters. The rest of us hunters/experimenters can't tell the difference. (And I'll bet even most of them couldn't tell the difference in a blind "taste test".) Kind of like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You know, I guess I have been an azzhole calling, proving, and showing Swampman to be an idiot multiple times over.

However, me being an azzhole in calling him an idiot does not change the fact that he is an idiot.

Res ipsa loquitur.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You know, I guess I have been an azzhole calling, proving, and showing Swampman to be an idiot multiple times over.

However, me being an azzhole in calling him an idiot does not change the fact that he is an idiot.

Res ipsa loquitur.

While very true Swampman is either a troll or retarded. My vote is for a retarded troll.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Res ipsa loquitur.

Shawn,

YOU are not an azzhole...just a lawyer. Chilly enough for you this morning? whistle

Doc

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

very good , thank you

Well, does that mean you're gonna go out and get one?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
or hes just playing dumb to ruffle feathers. Im thinking thats it because i like to do that too laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

very good , thank you

Well, does that mean you're gonna go out and get one?

LMAO
NOT a chance in hell smokepole LOL

though i will admit i have toyed with the idea of making a inline ignitioned rifle based of a early muzzleloader design . but thats about as close to a modern inline as i will ever come .
i did my playing with modern ingnition converssions long long ago .

simple put . i see no need . my flintlock is very accurate . i dont have any issues with cleaning nor finding Black powder .
i also dont see a need for jacketed bullets and such .
again i see no real need

now that being said . i dont think a person can know to much . thats why you folks often see me reading or commenting on modern topics .
i also like to see how many things relate between modern and traditional . as well as how many things dont .
i just find it interesting

Last edited by captchee; 10/05/10.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Understood, cap, just yankin' yer chain!!

Heck, if you don't see the need for a modern sleeping bag, I can't say I'm surprised you don't see the need for an in-line.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Understood, cap, just yankin' yer chain!!

Heck, if you don't see the need for a modern sleeping bag, I can't say I'm surprised you don't see the need for an in-line.

LMAO ya , ya , ok LOL
but IMO 1 , 6 point Hudson bay is as warm as any cheep modern bedroll from Wal-Mart. It makes a lot smaller roll . isn�t a whole lot heavier and I don�t have to worry about the thing catching on fire and melting to my body at 2am in the morning LOL

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Having spent several hundred nights in a Hudson Bay and even better wool blankets, I assure you they aren't even close to as warm as a modern sleeping bag.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
now thats one thing i will agree on. I'll take my sleeping bag over my capote any day.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Having spent several hundred nights in a Hudson Bay and even better wool blankets, I assure you they aren't even close to as warm as a modern sleeping bag.

metal issues can give that inmpression wasichu
i think we should re name you minisupekazo since that seems to be the level of your information

your assuring me ?? LMAO spent enough nights out in my life know whats warm for me .
i don�t need opinions from any watanabe
especially one with your knowledge wink

now thats one thing i will agree on. I'll take my sleeping bag over my capote any day.

ohhh come on kola your not so old that you sleep with the women are ya lol

edited for politeness to the troll

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/10.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
6'3 and 160lbs my skinny ass gets cold and my capote sucks lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LOL ya some time the Tin tipi is best . and a guys beer stays alot colder. the back side stays warmer and it beets crapping over a log , LOL

capotee's can be warm to . just depends on what they are made from .
mines made from 2 swiss army blankets .
when i know its going to be cold and we are hunting above 8000 ft . i take it wrapped in my HB .
literaly one morning i woke up and had 6 inches of snow over me . slept snug as a bug in a rug .
latter i found out that the temps had droped to right around 0

another time some friends and i got caught up in hornet creek rez while elk hunting .
the Rez is 7500ft .
there was 5 of us we all had single blankets and oil skins .

we found ourselves a nice deadfall and stretched the skins out .
it snowed for 2 days .
it was sooooooo cold that ,,,
if you got away from the fire and the skins to take a pee , you litteraly had to keep backing up as you pee'ed a cloths line LOL
i bet it was about 10 though when i took these photos . thats not including the wind chill .
it was blowing pretty had when we gor back into the trees . you can see the snow starting to build up on the sides of the trees .
was actualy a fairly cunfertable couple days , all things considered .
but im glad it wasnt any longer . it was hard enough geting down out of that on the 2nd day

here are some photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Swampy, you just don't get it and you have no principles. Anyone who reads this forum should know that captchee is a traditionalist, and he probably doesn't care if a modern sleeping bag is a little warmer. If his bedroll keeps him warm enough, that's all that matters.

As far as principles, try to get some and stick with 'em. You go on and on about "cartridges that've been around for 100+ years" and say the WSMs and SAUMs gave us "something we didn't need" and then turn right around and cream your pants over a bolt-action muzzleloader.

Get some principles to live by man!!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Very romantic but not very authentic.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more delusional than anyone on this forum.

There, fixed that for you jackazz. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One things for sure, a positive post will never get a reply. Thanks for thaking the time to respond.

wink

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Very romantic but not very authentic.

see the fella by the lake dick head . well he is a memebr of the AMM.
the other to fellas . well they were buckskinners just like you . but not any more .

one is now a memebr of the AMM and the other is a member of the Royal highlanders

not some wantabe civil war halfling or a part time living history reporter .

as to the point . of that trip . well it wasnt to be historicaly correct . it was for those to guys to start learning . they did .
unlike you who thinks he knows it all .
know one nows it all .
some just know more then others
you , well your one of the others

I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

you know i hear that about you . but only from you minisupekazo

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ahhhh pooie, My traditions kentucky will spank swampmans inlines and traditionals, along with captchee's throw into the bunch! laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Ahhhh pooie, My traditions kentucky will spank swampmans inlines and traditionals, along with captchee's throw into the bunch! laugh

could possibly do it bigblock. some of those traditions and old CVA kentuck�s shoot far better then folks give them credit for .

this is a photo of my mothers grandfather as a boy. [Linked Image]

i was 20 when he passed over .
He was a traditionalist pure and true

What did that mean ??? well he followed the ways of our people as did my mother .
Did that mean they were less because they had adopted a Whiteman�s dress.
Lived in a house with four wall . Cooked with electricity , drove a car �..
That somehow they were less for it .

Did he dress this way when we hunted together when I was a boy . NO .
he didnt need to becouse he exsperianced what you play at for real

Does anyone here think there would be a need in order to teach a boy to be a hunter .
How about when instilling knowledge of the past ?

I look at things the same way .
a lot of my friends enjoy the buckskining level of traditional muzzleloading . While myself an other go deep in the research and authenticity . But does that mean I have less of an experience because they are along . ?? NO .

We have others who just like the rifles and gear . They come along on our trips and hunts wearing nothing but blue jeans .
Some also bring modern sleeping bags . some even carry modern cartradge guns .
thats ok .
Its their choice . Its their gear. They pack what they think they need .
and its allways fun when you get a chance to say ; seen it right off . guess you learned something from it .

. NONE that I know of have ever not came away with an experience . Nor has any failed to add to the enjoyment of the experience .
Be it fred in his nickers . Or Allen in his faided berry dyed corts . both well into thei 60's
Its about the individual experience . Its about constantly learning . Testing yourself
Some end up wanting more . Some don�t .

So while swampman may thump his chest and look down on fellas like those in my photo , claimin , not very Authentic
I wouldn�t trade that experience for anything .
It was very enjoyable and a very enlightening trip .
We all grew from the experience .
that folks is what its all about .
thats what folks like swampman will never get or understand . thats why they are here doing to you all what they have been shunned in other places for doing .

anyway you all have a good night
ohhhh and trust in swampman he knows the way , after all he says so wink

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AMM.....LOL!

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
AMM.....LOL!

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there.

That brings more to the table than you ever have, or could.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You need to take your meds. I have both traditional & modern muzzleloaders. I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum.

"I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum"

Wow.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
yep AMM
but then your probably confussing them with the AMA .
which your more familure with

Now we're going to hit the I'm more authentic because I'm an NDN trail. We'll start with some romantic stuff about the great spirit and go from there

don�t put words in my mouth minisupekazo. I never said any such thing.
But then you didn�t have to read my post did you .
After all being telepathic has its benefits
As to the other romantic stuff , well il leave that up to the farbs like yourself to start
again your one of those folks who just cant get it .
Slipping on a cod piece doesn�t make you traditional .
Buying a civil war out fit or doesn�t make you traditional .
It does however mean you can dress up in a costume I guess . Ill give you that much .

See you are like a Virus that slowly eats away the body . Then moves on to someone else .
Maybe the modern folks here would probably do well to take a step back and remember the issues they have with the traditional side of this sport .
Maybe then they will realize that the same thing is happening to the modern movement.

It didn�t happen over night , OHHHH no . it was a slow gradual thing . those issues all build from folks like you .
Speaking of which
I think we are all still waiting for you ,minisupekazo. To answer questions ?
I don�t think that will happen . Though it might . If you think it will keep people posting to you .
See I don�t think your so much a Troll . Possibly more a lonely person . A person who for the most part has to have conflict in order to gain attention
You started a good thread . But then you yourself killed it with your so called wisdom .
But the topic was really over anyway , wasn�t it . So like many other times you create conflict . Post a lot of one liners and such .so as to get people to talk to you

so i think im going to pull the plug on you .
you already have made a complete fool of yourself so its not hard to ignore you .
so im going to do that .
now if you want to get back to answering the questions to your idiotic statements.
I think a who lot of folks here are waiting minisupekazo for you to answer their questions .

If you cant . Then no worries . We all understand that you don�t have the knowledge to do so . Past maybe a cut and paste . I think you have proven that very well

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

"I have more traditional experience than anyone on this forum"

Wow.

Arrogance, combined with idiocy. It's truly a stunning combination.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Swampy, I took my meds, why don't you regale me with tales of your traditional experience?

Or explain how it is that the WSMs and SAUMs "gave us something we don't need," but on the other hand you cream your pants over a "bolt-action" (actually a misnomer) muzzleloader?

Now, that was something we really, really needed, don't you think?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The WSMs and the SAUMs duplicate ancient cartridges. They will be gone soon enough. They were created to sell rifles to suckers.

I hunted with flintlocks and selfbows in period attire for over 20 years.

The boltaction muzzleloaders are the most accurate and strongest muzzleloaders on the market. They are not for romantic play acting they are for making meat.

I've been chuckling all day about the AMM.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You have pics of all your success with those primitive weapons?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How can you take pictures in the 18th century?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

hes been doing it for 20 years smokepole .
i guess to him thats a long time

i still dont think he knows what the AMM is .
or maybe he does but couldn�t get in even with the minimum standards

bet he has been riding the short bus most if not all his life ,.
i dont know about the rest of you but i been laughing my ass off . just from his stupidity
as soon as i think he cant say something any more stupif .
here comes another one that trumps the last one . its simply un believable

but there is hope .
he might qualify to join the WFT but then looking at the requirments page . probably not laugh
http://www.womenofthefurtrade.com/wst_page2.html

Last edited by captchee; 10/07/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've been shooting and building traditional guns for 35 years. I only did play acting for 20+.

I got tired of the AMM guys showing up in modern boots and wearing long johns.

The reason I gave up is because I got tired of others letting me down with their lack of commitment. To a man they all cheated.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The WSMs and the SAUMs duplicate ancient cartridges. They will be gone soon enough. They were created to sell rifles to suckers.

Now that's funny. Especially with reference to bolt action muzzleloaders. If you read any of Remington's promotional materials for the 700 ML, they come right out and say that the "bolt-action" muzzleloaders were made to sell to people familiar with their modern bolt action centerfires, but unfamiliar with muzzleloaders.

If that ain't "created to sell rifles to suckers" I don't know what is.

Which "ancient cartridges" do the SAUMs and WSMs duplicate, by the way?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
a lot of my friends enjoy the buckskining level of traditional muzzleloading . While myself an other go deep in the research and authenticity . But does that mean I have less of an experience because they are along . ?? NO .

Very cool photo captchee. With all the traditional weapons to choose from, what was it about flintlocks that tripped your trigger? Anything you can point to? Just curious.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've been shooting and building traditional guns for 35 years.

How about some photos?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No whats funny is now his experience is up to 35 years . when just 2 posts ago it was 20
Now he has been building guns for 35 years . But some months back he proclaimed he how he owned several custom guns . Supposedly made by well known people . That none shot as well as his TC .

i wonder if the reason folks wouldnt commit is becouse they found out enough about you to deside to steer clear .
myself i think thats it

LMAO the guy is a lopper folks . im out of here . have a good one
Be safe smokepole

Last edited by captchee; 10/07/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No whats funny is now his experience is up to 35 years . when just 2 posts ago it was 20
Now he has been building guns for 35 years . But some months back he proclaimed he how he owned several custom guns . Supposedly made by well known people . That none shot as well as his TC .

i wonder if the reason folks wouldnt commit is becouse they found out enough about you to deside to steer clear .
myself i think thats it

LMAO the guy is a lopper folks . im out of here . have a good one
Be safe smokepole

At least I don't pretend to be things I'm not.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mike Brooks built this flintlock.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have hundreds of pics but these should sufice to generate more sophomoric comments from the peanut gallery.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
the guy in the second picture doesnt have eye brows. Does he have a wife with happy hands and tweezers? LOL

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
See, I was right....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Very cool photo captchee. With all the traditional weapons to choose from, what was it about flintlocks that tripped your trigger? Anything you can point to? Just curious.

well ?? not sure . many things i guess
I think if I had to some it up in one thing it would be self sufficiency
I had at the time been making my own powder for some years .
So it was I guess the next step .
I like the primitive bows as well .
But there is something about flintlocks that just grab my soul .

be safe

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have hundreds of pics but these should sufice to generate more sophomoric comments from the peanut gallery.

[Linked Image]

That is a nice picture, love the frame.

That tells me much.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That is a tin type made by Claude Levet in Selma, AL. The frame is a period piece. All clothing is hand sewn from handwoven fabric. All equipment is either original or a museum grade copy of an original CSA piece.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

[Linked Image]

That is a nice picture, love the frame.

That tells me much.

(Edit to add.....GRIN)

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Very Cool pics. is it the same Flintlock in all the pics? what is it?

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One is an old Lyman Short Land Pattern musket that was totally rebuilt.

One is a British Officer's Fusil built from North Star West parts.

One is a copy of the Bullard Rifle by Mike Brooks

One is an American Militia Musket by Jack Hubbard

One is a completely rebuilt & defarbed Pattern 1853 Endfield.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
One is an old Lyman Short Land Pattern musket that was totally rebuilt.

One is a British Officer's Fusil built from North Star West parts.

One is a copy of the Bullard Rifle by Mike Brooks

One is an American Militia Musket by Jack Hubbard

One is a completely rebuilt & defarbed Pattern 1853 Endfield.

Um, that'd be "Enfield", "expert".

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry I misspelled that. While you were in finishing school I was hunting with a flintlock.

I could care less about grammar or spelling. I'm a man.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yeah, okay there "expert".

Looks like grammar can be added to the list of things you don't care about, such as facts, veracity, intelligence, and mental stability.

So, are we playing dress-up today, or just fantasizing about being the greatest (dumbphuck)... In the world... ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No I just figured a metro like yourself might enjoy seeing a stylishly dress man.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
No I just figured a metro like yourself might enjoy seeing a stylishly dress man.

There's that "grammar" tripping you up again. Add me, to the list of schit you're clueless about.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yeah, and I bet you look smashing in your leather chaps. But we'll take your word for it, please, no photos.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
those are called cheek chillers.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Grammar and spelling is for (slang term for female bits)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,481,012
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.