-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who thinks Christians have a problem with sex, obviously hasn't read Song of Solomon. That book of the Bible would make Larry Flint blush.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Scott F

... been trying to keep it up for the last 31 years.

Remarkable grin

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
derby---I'm not offended but every topic doesn't have to necessarily lead to religion bashing.

In any case have great day.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I spent a number of years in Catholic school and Catholic summer school. I have a number of priest and nuns in the family with even a bishop and cloistered nun in the mix. Been there, done that one, know all about it.

I became a Pagan/Deist because I knew what I was giving up and Christianity was not the path for me. No regrets, happy as a clam.

If you get your ideas on sex from those who are not supposed to participate you aren't getting the full story. Christians I know and the one married think sex is great and are in no way inhibited. I married a pagan one and she was a none. None in the morning, none at noon and none at night. Married a Christian lady and have been trying to keep up for the last 31 years.

Sorry my friend, not buying it.

Well Scott, I'm truly happy if you and your Lady are happy Christians in the sex part in your marriage. Quite frankly, I wish more Christians were. I've run into way too many Hell and damnation Christians who were not and wanted everybody to be as unhappy as they are.

As to Pagans not wanting sex, I suppose there must be some although I haven't meant any. While a good many Pagans are monogamous in their relationships, a good many are not and are swingers. I'm not by the way and neither is my Lady.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Anyone who thinks Christians have a problem with sex, obviously hasn't read Song of Solomon. That book of the Bible would make Larry Flint blush.

Yup, I've read and no it would not make Larry Flint blush nor me for that matter.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You guys know how to take the fun out of a thread.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never chit on any one's spiritual path but Christianity is an exclusivistic religion and many Christians do try to scare the bejesus out people with their Hell and damnation. I run into it all the time and some of it on the fire.

Let's be clear, sex being evil was something that was started on the pulpit during the Victorian era. The Catholic church made it dirty, with their belief that Mary was a virgin her whole life. Therefore, celibacy must be a virtue. Any lack of it a vice.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
derby---I'm not offended but every topic doesn't have to necessarily lead to religion bashing.

In any case have great day.

Never meant to bash any religion in this thread but the original poster was obviously bother by his 7 year old catching him and Mommy in the act. Most Christians who have had children catch them in the act usually have a serious conscience problem as if they were doing something wrong. Sex is part of the natural order of things and natural law. No need to hide it or lie about it. For those Christians who have a active and happy sex life all the more power to you and if your kids catch you in the act don't let your conscience bother you about it. It's a natural and beautiful thing.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The Catholic church made it dirty, with their belief that Mary was a virgin her whole life. Therefore, celibacy must be a virtue. Any lack of it a vice.

I'm trying to remember any of this from my being raised Catholic. Honestly, I'm drawing a blank. Sex prior to marriage was frowned on (I'm thinking that most Christian based religions preach the same) but it wasn't, in general, thought to be dirty.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
You guys know how to take the fun out of a thread.

No kidding! Get back to the funny stories, I need liquid snorted thru my nose for the 3rd time today, reading this thread! grin

maddog

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
The Catholic church made it dirty, with their belief that Mary was a virgin her whole life. Therefore, celibacy must be a virtue. Any lack of it a vice.

I'm trying to remember any of this from my being raised Catholic. Honestly, I'm drawing a blank. Sex prior to marriage was frowned on (I'm thinking that most Christian based religions preach the same) but it wasn't, in general, thought to be dirty.

George

I think a lot of it has to do what time period you were born in, before VCII or after VCII, and the Catholic schools, and one's home life.

I remember that only the rhythm system was the authorized birth control method at the time, not even condoms were allowed as that killed the sperm. Killing the sperm was Hell and damnation time. And masturbation was out because that was murder and most defiantly Hell and damnation for all eternity. Nope, I grew up under the sex is only for procreation all other sex leads straight to Hell and damnation.

I would like to think I'm way behind the Eight Ball but I see way too many Christians who still treat sex as evil and sin and a straight path to Hell and damnation. I should further add I'm talking about the hard core Church going Christians. I know there are a fair number of Christians on here that would not be cought dead inside a supposed Christian Church. These Christians walk their own path and follow no one.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I do remember the no condoms thing. I'm pretty sure I used that to my "advantage" a time or two:

"nope, can't use one of those....Pope doesn't approve of 'em."

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My girlfriend and I and my 13 yr old grandson was making up the sleeping bags in the tent and he said now don't you two be doin anything funky. I said what are you talking about. He said don't be doing the funky thing. I told him to just make up his sleeping bag. Sure enough don't tell a women not to do something. Glad he didn't wake up.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A couple of our friends were having a romp on the couch after the kids had been put to bed. Right in the middle they heard a noise and spotted their 3 year old son on the stairs watching them. They froze in mid act trying to figure a way out of the situation. The kid runs down the stairs and jump on dad's back and says, "Now go daddy." So daddy went.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
some years back, Ikea had a pretty funny comercial based on this very subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCuYYZV3q8

============================================================

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
our 7 YO daughter walked in on us last night,we both forgot to lock the door.
I'm avoiding her today so she can't ask me questions,while trying to think up a believable lie to explain what she saw.

I hope she's not damaged from what she saw.

Not unless having the cat jump up on the bed and walk on my back during the process counts.

It's gettin' kinda old, actually,...hump a coupla times,..throw an elbow at the cat,...hump a few more times,..throw another elbow.

Then the wife gets an attitude,..

"Quit mistreating Baby Peeper!"

I'm like,..you know,.."Fug Baby Peeper!,...I'm tryin' ta get laid here,..and at age 54 that takes enough concentration widdout a cat's wet ass nose snufflin' all over my damn head and distracting my train o'thought.

,...sheeeeeeit,...

Jeeez Bristoe,

At least I am bright enough to toss Momma's jack russel into the other room and close the bedroom door BEFORE I start getting all cuddly with Momma.

Just a little extra effort ahead of time can make the event progress more smoothly.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Derby Dude,

It is clear you have some serious hang ups with Christianity, so much that even a silly thing like this is about how you "know better than those dumb Christians."

You act as if you are a live and let live kinda guy, but every chance you get you persecute others under the guise that religion is evil and you are free from its grasp. I can tell by your posts you are so caught up in its clutches you can't even talk about a humorous subject like this w/o bringing religion into it. You sound like a Lesbo with Daddy issues. It's apparent to everyone but her and the short hair kinda makes her feel better cuz she's throwing it back in his face that, by golly, she's queer. Time to move on son.

Last edited by Higbean; 08/22/10.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dude, kids are like anti sex ninjas.

It's what they do.

I know because I aint had it since bush senior was in office.

ok that might be an egg-zaduration.

(have you ever tried to spell that word correctly?)

seriously tho, anti sex ninjas, that's what kids are.

Something clever here.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Dave,

Please be extra cautious in locking the door for a while. I don't think Weezy can take anymore trauma. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higbean
Derby Dude,

It is clear you have some serious hang ups with Christianity, so much that even a silly thing like this is about how you "know better than those dumb Christians."

You act as if you are a live and let live kinda guy, but every chance you get you persecute others under the guise that religion is evil and you are free from its grasp. I can tell by your posts you are so caught up in its clutches you can't even talk about a humorous subject like this w/o bringing religion into it. You sound like a Lesbo with Daddy issues. It's apparent to everyone but her and the short hair kinda makes her feel better cuz she's throwing it back in his face that, by golly, she's queer. Time to move on son.

I think I am a lesbian trapped in a male body. grin

Seriously though, it was not my impression that the original poster was being humorous at all. I answered in a non-humorous way because I did not realize it was a joke. My bad for that. There have been some humorous stories on here that have had my wife and me cracking up. I wish more would use the emotion icons on here to let us know when you are telling a joke because some you appear to be serious and some of us take it that way.

As to the religion thing, I do believe religion is inherently evil witness Islam. At one time Catholicism was inherently evil although at least in the Western countries that has changed a good deal. The Protestant Christians also were evil as well although they to are not so to day at least in the Western countries.

To be honest, until I joined the fire I had never heard of practicing Christians who did not subscribe to a particular Christian church doctrine nor who did not go to church. That was new to me. Since joining the Fire I've also learned that my cousin who was a dyed-in-the-wool Catholic has become a practicing Born-again Christian and doesn't go to church either because she said there is no church practicing Christianity.

As to being hung up, yup Catholic Christianity did [bleep] me up as a kid no doubt about it and to be perfectly honest by the Hell the local school board is going through it looks like Christianity is still [bleep] things up.

So while I have Christian friends (we rarely talk about Christianity) I do think the Christian religion is evil although I'll be the first to admit it can't hold candle any more to Islam the purest form of evil today. As my new signature line says, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Religion is stupid people in large groups which makes religion very dangerous.

I've also have been informed that many Christians on the Fire do not practice a religion but a Christian spiritual path and for them I say good for them. I also meant no offense to any Christian who follows a spiritual path rather than a religion. My persecution (I really haven't persecuted anybody but I'll let good at that) is of organized religion ALL organized religion because organized religion has [bleep] up more people on the planet than just about anything else.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.