T
tburkes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
We hunted with these guys.

http://www.riaan-ras-south-african-safari.com/

They were recommended to me by a friend who's family has hunted with them for over 20 years. I can't complain about anything during our whole trip, From picking us up at the airport, to delivering us back again, it was a great time.

Our PH even arranged for my wife and daughter to go to Pretoria with his wife one day for some shopping and set up a spa day in Thabazimbi on another day too. They had a great time at both places.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
excellent! we had the same kind of service from the outfitter we went with in 2008.

www.cruisersafaris.com/

maddog

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
tburkes, thanks for sharing! This has to be one of the better posts of Africa I have ever seen on this site!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like all had a great time. Thanks, for sharing!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
T
tburkes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hey thanks a lot everyone for taking the time to comment on the trip. If you've ever wanted to take your kids hunting tomorrow may be too late. Don't get caught up in the day to day rat race planing on taking them when things get better, cause it never does. It's kind of like waiting to have kids until you can afford them. If that was the case very few of us would have any kids. You just have to jump in and figure it out. One day they're in first grade then in about two years they're leaving home. Even when you've done lots of stuff with them growing up you still wish you'd done more.

Thank you Keith, I'm not sure what makes this post so much better than some other great one's I've seen here, other than it was with my wife and daughter and you don't see a lot of that usually.

We didn't go worrying about animals we really wanted, other than the Zebra for my daughter, and I wanted a Kudu and a Zebra. We didn't worry about horn length, only having a great time and good hunting, which we had a lot of. I would also recommend anyone going to spend as many days as possible as you can. We were there two weeks and it was so laid back and easy going. I think that's one of the reasons that made it so nice too. We weren't rushed to try to get the game, and the girls even had two days in there where they went shopping and to the spa. When they did that the PH and I went out hunting and got one of the Zebras and the Bushbuck. We also went to the nature park too, and I'd really recommend that to anyone going, it's a great time to see so many animals in their natural surroundings too.

We even went a couple of days hunting where we didn't actually put any animals on the ground and I could tell our PH was getting nervous and stressed out a bit. I asked him what was worrying him, was it the fact that we were paying quite a bit in day fees and we weren't killing any animals? He admitted that yes he was feeling the pressure to perform and going two days with no animals was stressing him out. I told him to relax and enjoy himself, we were having a great time, and killing wasn't the only thing we were there to do. He was very entertaining as was his wife and daughter who is four years old, who reminded us so much of our daughter they could be sisters.

We've been back over a week and my wife is still floating around on her African high from the whole trip. She can't wait to go back either and all of her friends couldn't believe she was going in the first place since she's a germ freak.

Good hunting to you all.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Excellant post and pic's. Sounds like the whole family "has the disease" now and will have to return for "booster shots" of the African Virus.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder what your Daughter's friends will say when she tells them about her summer vacation and shows then the recovered bullet pendent. Looks like you all had a great time.

Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good on you and thanks for sharing. Next summer I am going over for my third trip and have convinced my bride to come along. We'll hunt with a wonderful Afrikaner couple whom I now consider friends. We too will make it a slow, easy trip. We plan to spend a couple of days on the Skeleton coast, a couple of days at Etosha Park, and a couple in Windhoek with hunting between.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (257Bob, 1936M71, 163bc, 160user, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 11,570 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,263
Posts18,544,762
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.