Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
My fear stems from the fact that we are still seeing the same old faces and hearing the same old platitudes from all the usual suspects. If we cannot find new and true men & women of character to step up to the plate we are in deep kimche, period.

It absolutely amazes me that folks deny that capitalism WORKS, but it is the only thing that can save this great nation, the government can not do it, it is in the way dammitt. Great advances in agriculture and manufacturing is what built us as a nation, not a bunch of hall walkers in DC fer cats sake.

+1

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
My fear stems from the fact that we are still seeing the same old faces and hearing the same old platitudes from all the usual suspects. If we cannot find new and true men & women of character to step up to the plate we are in deep kimche, period.

It absolutely amazes me that folks deny that capitalism WORKS, but it is the only thing that can save this great nation, the government can not do it, it is in the way dammitt. Great advances in agriculture and manufacturing is what built us as a nation, not a bunch of hall walkers in DC fer cats sake.

What I highlighted and what you wrote, is the key. I hope there's a substantial change in political attitudes come November.

Did I just say Hope and Change?

Oops. That really is a bad joke.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd be for 100+ years of hard work to get us back there. However, the Reagan years would be a step in that direction. Not perfect, but better.

I'll take all the progressive crap that we currently have, as long as we can STOP the progression (regression in reality) in its tracks, and START the improvement back towards a Constitutional Government.

100+ years of hard, rough work, sure beats the collapse or any civil war.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes and amen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'd be for 100+ years of hard work to get us back there. However, the Reagan years would be a step in that direction. Not perfect, but better.

I'll take all the progressive crap that we currently have, as long as we can STOP the progression (regression in reality) in its tracks, and START the improvement back towards a Constitutional Government.

100+ years of hard, rough work, sure beats the collapse or any civil war.

I'm totally with you man, the long road is single steps, electing the most conservative ELECTABLE candidates we can, then start the slow shrinking of gov't and weaning of the people.

However, as Bristoe is pointing out, it may be too late. My cynical side feels he might be right. We may not have a 100 years. And the chit may hit the fan sooner, then we need to figure out whats our move.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
When a President gets elected on a platform of cutting the federal budget by 75%, we'll be on the road to recovery.

Not until then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry fish head, I respectfully disagree with your premise.

the ole "if the US sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold"

will not apply in the future in my estimation.

yes there will be changes if our economy tanks, it will be an adjustment for China to figure out who's gonna buy our cheap plastic crap?

some puter guys are likely to get laid off in India etc, etc

but countries that are stable and have growing economies China, India, Brazil and Canada and perhaps Australia come to mind and a growing middle class will fare better than debtor nations that have come to the conclusion the only way out is to inflate our way out.

I don't WANT or believe an armed revolution is warranted or necessary. But if our economy hits hyperinflation, and folks get hungry there will be a civil disturbance that goes way beyond civil disobedience imo.

We'll end up having martial law declared, and my concern is if such happens our elected leaders will see China as the pattern to follow, strong central gov't, with some freedom, especially economic freedom for the masses, but we're gonna have to seriously curtail BOR #1 & #2 if there is to be safety and prosperity. And that is what folks want heh? Safety and prosperity!

they'll be glad to offer it up provided we give up some on 1 & 2

the conditions are ripe for peace in a free country when there's more food than firearms

but if the situation were to occur that firearms are more available than food, you'll end up with violence and hungry bellies.

but the gov't can fix that, and most of our population will cry out for them to do so imo.

by any reasonable accounting standards, our nation is in a hell of a mess fiscally.

it is incredible to me the "head in the sand" attitudes I see by some here that believe if we just elect the GOP they'll pull us out of this gig.

they are mostly the same folks, GOOD folks I might add, that prior to the election in '08 brushed aside the idea that the wealthiest nation the world has ever seen would ever fall into such dire financial straits.

perhaps Bristoe and even Ron Paul are both nutjobs as some have suggested here. But even crazy men utter the truth on occassion.

imo and analysis, we could elect John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, and Mother Teresa and they still couldn't get us out of this mess without severe pain.

in fact we've gone so long spending money we don't have and issuing new debt to do so, that the cure may be danged near as deadly as the cancer at this stage.

we're not in END TIMES, but we very well may be in the times when the shift of the balance of power in this world is occuring.

if we are we can thank our elected leaders for such and the apathetic people they were elected to lead.

the election of Obama accelerated the pace imo. but he's not to blame entirely. I feel we'd be headed the same way with McCain at the helm albeit at perhaps a slower pace.

but what I analyze is this. Obama is going to deliver on his major campaign strategy.

CHANGE is coming

you'd best HOPE you're prepared for it.

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 08/28/10. Reason: added word "may"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jackass, smile

I agree 100%. I don't think it will take a 100 years though.

I have really enjoyed most all of this discussion. It's refreshing to see that so many others share a common opinion.

Got to go. I have things to do.

Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the first step HAS to be that big. It sure would be nice though.

A President has no power to cut the budget. That's up to Congress. So, the first steps is getting the retards out, and putting in integrity. THAT can be done. It's no small mountain that's for sure, but it CAN be climbed.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, I include GOP retards in my definition of retards. grin

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have a great night bud! Was great to have your thoughts on this here.

Turdlike, by default.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Thankfully, we are NO WHERE NEAR that point. Our legal system is strong. Not infallible, but strong. The Constitution IS still the Law of the Land, and when enforced, as it soon will be, things will work out.

Many of the Governors of our States are starting to assert their 10th Amendment rights, people are moved to action as we saw today in DC. If the politicians want their cash cows, they will HAVE to appease the public, or else they are out of office, as this November will prove.

We are a far cry from a call to arms. We are even a far cry from civil unrest. I'd say we are at civil discomfort, and people are starting to readjust.

I agree, but if folks don't literally get their heads out of their asses SOON, then the shredding of The Constitution will continue as it's been done for the past nearly two years.

What I fear for my Country is a death by a thousand cuts.

When we hit 989 will we be able to stop it and heal it........

The Second Amendment is there for a reason, and it's clear as day for those with eyes wide open, that the reason could very easily be in the near future.....if we let it.

These same discussions and debates were held for YEARS before the first Revolution....food for thought, that.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
what will happen, will happen. Nothing would surprise me.

I don't advocate any such nonsense, and am not looking to participate, in any way shape or form.

I am still a firm believer in the ballot box.

Sam......

B
B
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
sorry fish head, I respectfully disagree with your premise.

the ole "if the US sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold"

will not apply in the future in my estimation.

yes there will be changes if our economy tanks, it will be an adjustment for China to figure out who's gonna buy our cheap plastic crap?

some puter guys are likely to get laid off in India etc, etc

but countries that are stable and have growing economies China, India, Brazil and Canada and perhaps Australia come to mind and a growing middle class will fare better than debtor nations that have come to the conclusion the only way out is to inflate our way out.

I don't WANT or believe an armed revolution is warranted or necessary. But if our economy hits hyperinflation, and folks get hungry there will be a civil disturbance that goes way beyond civil disobedience imo.

We'll end up having martial law declared, and my concern is if such happens our elected leaders will see China as the pattern to follow, strong central gov't, with some freedom, especially economic freedom for the masses, but we're gonna have to seriously curtail BOR #1 & #2 if there is to be safety and prosperity. And that is what folks want heh? Safety and prosperity!

they'll be glad to offer it up provided we give up some on 1 & 2

the conditions are ripe for peace in a free country when there's more food than firearms

but if the situation were to occur that firearms are more available than food, you'll end up with violence and hungry bellies.

but the gov't can fix that, and most of our population will cry out for them to do so imo.

by any reasonable accounting standards, our nation is in a hell of a mess fiscally.

it is incredible to me the "head in the sand" attitudes I see by some here that believe if we just elect the GOP they'll pull us out of this gig.

they are mostly the same folks, GOOD folks I might add, that prior to the election in '08 brushed aside the idea that the wealthiest nation the world has ever seen would ever fall into such dire financial straits.

perhaps Bristoe and even Ron Paul are both nutjobs as some have suggested here. But even crazy men utter the truth on occassion.

imo and analysis, we could elect John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, and Mother Teresa and they still couldn't get us out of this mess without severe pain.

in fact we've gone so long spending money we don't have and issuing new debt to do so, that the cure may be danged near as deadly as the cancer at this stage.

we're not in END TIMES, but we very well may be in the times when the shift of the balance of power in this world is occuring.

if we are we can thank our elected leaders for such and the apathetic people they were elected to lead.

the election of Obama accelerated the pace imo. but he's not to blame entirely. I feel we'd be headed the same way with McCain at the helm albeit at perhaps a slower pace.

but what I analyze is this. Obama is going to deliver on his major campaign strategy.

CHANGE is coming

you'd best HOPE you're prepared for it.

Well said. I don't know if Bristoe's crazy or not, I'm pretty new to this site.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I like that you mention the continuation of the shredding of the Constitution. It IS indeed happening. That said, I don't want to participate in furthering it's destruction. Following the Constitution WORKS. Use the system it has in place FIRST. We The People, need to study and vote. LONG before we get to the place where the extreme use of the 2nd Amendment is required.

I believe that if it ever came to that, then it's OUR fault, and nobody else'. The framers gave US the power (with MORE than just the 2nd Amendment), if we don't use it, then we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Start local, then progress to changing your state, to put people in that will enforce the 10th Amendment. Protect yourself from the Federal Government with the Laws of the Land. If you don't like the laws, get them changed, by following the laws that allow you to change them.

Once we take back our HOMES, and local and State Governments, then the Federal Government will be put in it's place. It simply cannot stand against the united will of the people.

If we are to come to a place of Violent Revolution, then let THEM be the ones to fire the first shots. We still need to be able to look ourselves in the mirror and know that we gave our Constitution EVERY chance.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am still a firm believer in the ballot box.

+1

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Around 2013-2014 is when it'll *really* start to get interesting.

It'll take until then for people to figure out that the new GOP administration offers no solutions,..and in fact, are an integral part of the problem.

Until then, everybody will continue to grumble and blame Obama.

B
B
Here's my plan. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Best - Work the ballot box, vote for conservative candidates even if they're not perfect in your view. We must incrementally change the course. Lets face it, Scott Brown is the most conservative candidate you're going to get out of Mass. at this point. So be it, work on the long game. Elect him and start to change the dialogue, show the people the benefits of conservative policies, etc, etc. You don't have to get a home run every time, just get some RBI's. The incrementally go a little more conservative, a little more, a little more.........

Worst- previous method isn't fast enough and because of debt and hyperinflation the system collapes on us. Have gold, have food, have guns. Take care of your neighbors, try to establish bartering, and local "gov't" but follow the mold of the Republic.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's my plan.

Stress to my kids that they need to learn career skills which will make them welcome in other countries.

This one is going to be eaten from within and without.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bristoe,

People already know the GOP is part of the problem. That's not new news. That's why EVERYONE is so fed up. The left is just as angry as we are. The thing is, the left isn't as angry with US as they are with the Government. We aren't as angry with the left as WE are with the Government.

Everybody feels betrayed. THAT, my friend, is what gives me hope. I think the left, though they despise our policies, would be a LOT less upset if the men and women in Government actually had integrity. Much like, we'd be a LOT less upset if the people in Government actually had integrity.

People are tired of being lied to, tricked, cheated, and bamboozled. THAT'S the trick to change. THAT'S what unites us ALL. We need to use that! We need to make sure that OUR guys are the one's with integrity. If we don't do that, we fail.

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.