Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did let the kids drive it, just my daughter took pics of me at the wheel. I don't exactly want them tuning the carb with the chain right under it, and the only way to tune the carb is drive it and dial the needles.

Fortunately they are a bit more reserved in the use of the gas pedal than I am. I'm thinking my combined weight with the kart is around 380#'s, and with ~20hp it pulls hard, drop the combined weight to 250#'s, and it'll pull wicked hard!

It's not too bad to bump start it with the kids in it, lift up the rear end from the seat, lurch forward and drop it while pushing hard. When I drive it, the kids can't push start it, so I have to run along side of it, lift it up, drop it and push til it starts, then hop in. I'm thinking I'm just asking for a runaway one of these days shocked

Last edited by 458 Lott; 08/10/10.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Here's some of our stuff.

I was out in the shop today working on this one. my daughter's car, 1965 mustang coupe. A code 289 (factory 4 barrel)auto trans.

I'm getting the power steering in order right now. Someone tossed out the original pump, pump bracket & cut the hoses & left the power assist valve & cylinder in place, probably 20 years ago.

I have a new control valve & center link on the way, I should have it Wed. I rebuilt the power assist cylinder today.

Everything else joint & bushing wise up front is new. She'll be a tight driver when i get it back together.

I'll start stripping the paint off of it next week & starting body work. It'll be painted & on the road in a short time. I'll probably post the body & paint work as a project with my daughter "weezy".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's another in my shop. 66 chevy caprice with a 327/powerglide.

This was our daily driver when me & pam were married in 92.

It remained our daily driver up until around 96.

it needs to be gone through, mostly body & paint. I'd hop in it & drive in anywhere right now.

[Linked Image]

some junk outside the shop.

64 ford galaxie 500xl, 390 with a toploader 4 speed. rough body.

[Linked Image]

54 chev 210 delray. straight 6, 3 in the tree.

it runs, all this stuff runs.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2986.jpg[/img]

I've got a project I'll rev up in a couple months that you guys are going to like.

I know this is a semi old thread...

but Dave, I remember you could find a bunch of old cool cars in MN, but what I hated back there was how they were always rusted out..

since moving to Oregon in 95, I love that you can find stuff around here still in great condition.. at least a solid body..not as plentiful as the barns of MN and the upper Midwest..

at the end of July we always have a Back to the 50s weekend in town here..with a Saturday cruise where they block off the two main drags thru town... and the cars get to cruise.. with zillions of people on the side walks... and plenty like me taking tons of pictures...between 500 to 700 each year...aren't digital cameras wonderful..

have a 68 Mercury Cougar that me and Seafire JR would like to start work on.. only hold up is lack of facility and cash flow under Obama-nomics..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a crappy picture of my Cuda.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sweet!

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
sweet car!

You look different in that pic than in your avatar. My how time changes us.... grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been playing around with different tuned pipes on the kart. Seat of the pants tuning says the current pipe is a bit too long as the engine seems to fall on it's face at top rpm, but it pulls harder down low.

An older couple stopped by last night and I asked the husband if I'd shown him the racing kart, he said no I hadn't, so we looked it over, and later I had the boy hop in and take a ride around the street so he could se how it ran. Then I hopped in and took a couple zips up and down the street. Friend had a big smile on his face saying he'd never seen a race kart and was amazed at the performance.

I asked my youngest boy if he wanted to drive it, and he said no, it scared him.

I think I'm going to pull the 50cc motor out of their mini atv and mount it on the kart. It won't be scary fast, and it'll be much quiter, not to mention you can come to a stop w/o killing the engine.

I'm really wanting another 125 shifter kart, highly impracticle with very few options to race it, but the performance is unreal. The other thought is get a porsche 914 I saw on craigslist, build a light tube frame, mount a hayabusa 1300 turbo in the rear, and plop the 914 body on top. Would make a neat street legal kart, sequential shift 6 speed gearbox and I'd probably set it up with a spool vs. a diff, if you're going to build a radical impractical toy, might as well make it radical.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.