Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I just read the .223 thread in LR hunting forum; lots of funny stuff in there and some good points also. You might want to read that one.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
then load and use what you want ftr, nothing wrong with that. I am certainly not going to try and school you, or sway you to another way of thinking.
This forum is damn near useless as a place to ask a question, and get an answer that addresses the question.

I won't make that mistake again here.

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I shoot a good bit and have settled on bulk Hornady 55 SP in my 223 rounds and bulk Remington 150 core lokt in my AR 10. They will get the job done and are priced right especially in the bulk pack.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Well, thank goodness my targets are coyotes and not bad guys. I stand by my decision to stick with one kind of ammo and not have a hunting load and a SD load, just doesn't make sense.

Not many can carry 5000 rounds on the move and anyone stationary won't last long enough to burn that much if the right team is upon them.

Odd, I've heard you speak of taking sighters more than once here.

Also they say it's a different ballgame when it's a two way range, I wouldn't want any more complications than I have to have. You know shooting at someone behind cover makes it a smaller target but if you're also behind cover and need to shoot flat on the ground or at an odd angle with bullets flying back at you...

I'm glad coyotes don't shoot back.

Oh I've shot a lot of sighters over the years... some of the short range matches allow them. Most of the real full range CMP matches won't.... and thats what I tried to mostly shoot. I did shoot XC matches enough though, and most of those allowed sighters.. but when practicing for nationals we never used them.

Yes its totally different when its two way, I got that.. what I'm saying, a human target at 300 yards is not small regardless..... seeing them might be an issue, but the target is not small, even the head isn't small enough such that generally speaking (not saying zero with 80s and shoot 55 ball, but syaing that a good hard general zero with the right range of ammo weight.. will suffice easy for a 300 yard body and usually a 300 yard head hit. 300 is simply not far for the weapons platform. Even if you are shooting sideways and such on the ground... I know... shot enough 3 gun to know etc...

But we ain't arguing either. Same thoughts basically...

Me... I can make do with whatever... combat you don't have to have your zero's down to the last 1/4 moa click to survive... and chances are if mobile you are picking up ammo as you go.. not all of it will be the same.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
then load and use what you want ftr, nothing wrong with that. I am certainly not going to try and school you, or sway you to another way of thinking.
This forum is damn near useless as a place to ask a question, and get an answer that addresses the question.

No Sam... you simply got everyones opinions.... some like 55, I prefer 62 since its been a bit more accurate.... but would prefer the 77 bthp actually if I had a choice...

I think you got more than one pro or con on the 55 vs 62. If you can't sort that out, sorry. Its just that you don't seem to want to understand that the 64 you load, would be more than good enough for SHTF and then you would have only one ammo and everything would be zero'd the same, same trajectory.. you'd shoot it a lot and so on... but if you don't reload much, thats a non issue then.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"This forum is damn near useless as a place to ask a question, and get an answer that addresses the question."

Sorry, in this case I won't just say 55's when there are much better choices available. But I will keep that thought in mind for future reference.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No Sam... you simply got everyones opinions.... some like 55, I prefer 62 since its been a bit more accurate.... but would prefer the 77 bthp actually if I had a choice...

I think you got more than one pro or con on the 55 vs 62. If you can't sort that out, sorry. Its just that you don't seem to want to understand that the 64 you load, would be more than good enough for SHTF and then you would have only one ammo and everything would be zero'd the same, same trajectory.. you'd shoot it a lot and so on... but if you don't reload much, thats a non issue then.

gee thanks Jeff, your insights are always so helpful.

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't like the answer, ask it in another forum.

I don't like the answers I get all the time... and even the same on other forums... but the info out there is always great. You tend to learn things that way instead of staying in old ruts. Not that ruts are bad all the time, but sometimes you can drown in ruts..

On topic... another thought... 55 is usually cheaper than 62...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.