Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by justind
My faith teaches me that God is the creater. If I dont have faith in that then I have nothing. Those who beleive in evolution have faith in evolution. The reason things apear old is because God created it to be. How could an animal survive if the plant it ate didn't already have fruit or leafs. I also think it took seven days just as Genesis says. If I don't believe this , how can I believe anything else the Bible says
But the Bible doesn't say that. You interpret the words that way because that interpretation fits perfectly the stories of creation you've been told since early childhood. For example, the Bible explains that children are conceived by a man and woman laying together, and this is perfectly true, but doesn't tell the whole story. Should you, therefore, ignore scientific observation that it's more involved than merely a man and woman laying together? Should you close your mind to all explanations other than the simple one that children are conceived by a man and woman laying together? Of course not. That would be ridiculous. Likewise, more was involved in the creation of living creatures than God flashing them into existence in their present forms. In fact, the Bible doesn't even say He did that. It says he commanded the sea and the land to bring forth all living things. It doesn't state that they were even formed on the day he commanded this, just that the command was issued on a particular day, and that he saw that it was good. Christians believe that God can see all eternity from beginning to end as if it were a tapestry laid out before him. He doesn't experience the slow unfolding of time the same way mere creatures do.

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BGunn
Evolution....

Works for most, but not for everyone...

[Linked Image]

Hey it's the John Moses clan again----gus included!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
My faith teaches me that God is the creater. If I dont have faith in that then I have nothing. Those who beleive in evolution have faith in evolution. The reason things apear old is because God created it to be. How could an animal survive if the plant it ate didn't already have fruit or leafs. I also think it took seven days just as Genesis says. If I don't believe this , how can I believe anything else the Bible says

I really don't understand why you'd have to throw out your whole faith just because you don't buy the 7 day creation thing. Like Longranger280 said,the bible is comprised of many books written by many different authors,not by God himself.
I don't pretend to understand nearly all the science behind evolution, so the holes I see may or may not exist. By the same token, I don't know how God works either.Evolution as I understand it doesn't quite make sense and doesn't quite add up for me. The 7 day creation as outlined in the Bible also doesn't make sense and doesn't add up for me. Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things,but my curiosity keeps me searching.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Speaking of which,where is John?? The big man has been noticeably quiet the last few days. I hope all is well. He's fun to have around!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Sorry old mate....I for one do not find the two mutually exclusive.

I do have a problem about trying to interpret or classify God though....I am happy to accept that there is higher control to some degree, and am also happy to allow others to call that control "God", I simply do not feel the need to limit via classification that which I do not fully understand.

And nothing pisses me off more that some clown in a dress telling me that he has the sole path to knowledge and righteousness.

IC B2

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by byc
Evolution....

[Linked Image]

I love that pic. WTF is that on the far right? I'm sure there's got to be pretty interesting story about this picture.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
There but for the grace of God, go I.......and I would not wish that affliction upon anyone.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
WTF is that on the far right?
============

Spittin' image of mommy,ain't it??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by byc
Evolution....

[Linked Image]

I love that pic. WTF is that on the far right? I'm sure there's got to be pretty interesting story about this picture.

Thats John moses on the far right.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by isaac
============

Bob...Heres JMs SEnior Picture...with his Prom Date... whistle

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I saw a documentary on that syndrome once, but cannot remember what it's called.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
And here he is all growed up...

[Linked Image]

Ingwe grin

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
From that smile, it looks like buying the corsage paid off!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
From that smile, it looks like buying the corsage paid off!

TFF!!! laugh

I'll just leave you alone with your thoughts on this one...

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I saw a documentary on that syndrome once, but cannot remember what it's called.
microcephalic. pinhead

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
============

Bob...Heres JMs SEnior Picture...with his Prom Date... whistle

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

Forget evolution. What you have right there is indisputable evidence of de-evolution. wink

Now off to prep some more wild boar roast for tomorrow. smile

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
microcephalic. pinhead
Yeah, I'm familiar with pinheads, but I thought this was a case of a certain rare form of dwarfism.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Get a load of his canines.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yeah, I'm familiar with pinheads
============

Let it go,Bob.

William Arthur Ward

Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 12344mag, 257Bob, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 12,799 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,271
Posts18,544,952
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.