Print Thread
Hop To
Page 444 of 1,842 1 2 442 443 444 445 446 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's cool. I hopefully have my wildview working properly again too. I just need to bring a good SD card out there.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might even order another one or two online, seen some fairly reasonable for the nonIR digital

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Big day in the tzone household.

ALL the kids are in school. Jack our little guy started kindergarten today.

His requested breakfast.
[Linked Image][/img]

"Lets Rock n Roll Dad" (he really says that)
[Linked Image][/img]

Big Sis is ready to go.
[Linked Image][/img]

Mom cried (of course), Dad smiled. All the cool kids are rockin' a Super Mario Bros. backpack right?
[Linked Image][/img]

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Be nice to "nail" one from there while they are watching !

Paul.

That would be sweet. I hope he does.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Tom is looking at his camera, trying to pretend the shaming isn't happening... oh but it happened, he done been shamed! grin

You know what? I can honestly say, that happened before I knew what the heck was going on.(Alcohol may have been a factor) You all were chuckling at me before I knew what's up, then you're showing me pictures of the process. I have no problem owning up to my miss.

It was a heck of a miss. I absolutely center punched that Jack Pine. I mean perfect, right in the heart, or where the deer's heart was anyway smile. That tree didn't have a chance. I thought for sure Dave, Joey, and I were going to walk up on a dead doe. I didn't see it run after I shot, Joe or Dave didn't either. Same deal as Dave though, no blood, no hair, no hide. That was the only deer I had a real shot at last year. Oh well, it won't be the last miss I'm sure. Didn't matter, it was by far the most fun I've had in a deer camp....EVER!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotta love the hand holding there T, mine did that as each one started school, looked like a little train by the time the youngest started.

Had to laugh yesterday a new kid at the school decided to try and get my youngest to give him $4 or else. This am he was met by my older son and the youngest and told to go away. Apparently he waited for the older one to leave and went after the youngest who promptly flattened his nose, split a lip, and goose egged his cheek. Gotta love the first week of school.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
they are the wildview, nothin fancy cost about 55 bucks a piece.
I have a mini "electric picture frame" and extra SD card. they make checking a lot easier, and bigger pics than looking on a camera

I was thinking of getting one of those myself Ryan. I'd like to have a few really. I don't know why I haven't yet, it seems whenver I have extra $ it's always earmarked for something else.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by big drift

Had to laugh yesterday a new kid at the school decided to try and get my youngest to give him $4 or else. This am he was met by my older son and the youngest and told to go away. Apparently he waited for the older one to leave and went after the youngest who promptly flattened his nose, split a lip, and goose egged his cheek. Gotta love the first week of school.

The hand holding is pretty sweet.

We had a similar incident last week at kindergarten orientation. Kid punched him in the back and he turned around and popped him in the forehead. grin

Sis is pretty protective of her brother, more so than of herself. She's a great kid.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's just the best picture with the bus rolling up, the 2 kids holding hands.

Great story too BD, that stuff happens up here too.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I have a mini "electric picture frame" and extra SD card. they make checking a lot easier, and bigger pics than looking on a camera

I was thinking of getting one of those myself Ryan. I'd like to have a few really. I don't know why I haven't yet, it seems whenver I have extra $ it's always earmarked for something else.

the only thing with those is the slow trigger time, I have lots of pics of elk butts and some of just scenery. its best to put them on a mineral lick or something else that keeps them for a little bit.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

the only thing with those is the slow trigger time, I have lots of pics of elk butts and some of just scenery. its best to put them on a mineral lick or something else that keeps them for a little bit.

Exactly what I have planned for it. I have a mineral lick in my yard that I've seen does and fawns at but no horns yet. I'd like to see what's around, all the trees in the back have old rubs on them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Shaming process looks like this right Tom?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tom is looking at his camera, trying to pretend the shaming isn't happening... oh but it happened, he done been shamed! grin

That is sooooo cool !!

Sorry Tom.

These are the kind of stories that make "your camp" & this thread so special.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's what I've been doing for the most part with my wildview. I just kind of got mad at it and put it away when it fritzed out on me last year during black powder season. I wanted a picture of that big bruiser so bad, set the cam up perfect 2 different times, tested the triggering, everything is good. Come back to find his tracks in a path right in front of the camera but not a single picture taken.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
here's one I got 2 years ago, came out good but had 30 blank ones after this one

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Shaming process looks like this right Tom?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is sooooo cool !!

Sorry Tom.

These are the kind of stories that make "your camp" & this thread so special.

Paul.

It's really a freestyle process, no rules. I think weezy was using the taunting "Shame, Shame, Shame" method.

I like to use the spinning shame stick process where you spin and arch the shame stick bounding from shoulder to shoulder over the shame-ee's head. And I use the traditional "Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame." but I tend to really drag out the shame word and typically I tend to really overdoo it.

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A couple old ones from last summer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
too bad we can't hunt at midnight huh? smile

nice pics though, have you seen lots of tracks?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We're seeing some tracks. Lots of babies out there.

Seen some big tracks too mut I haven't been out there often enough. Seems I always go out after a heavy rain so the tracks are washed out except for the really fresh ones.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats good to hear!

the big tracks that is, not the babies, I don't want to open that can of worms, and no I'm not shooting bambi this year

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
. I wanted a picture of that big bruiser so bad, set the cam up perfect 2 different times, tested the triggering, everything is good. Come back to find his tracks in a path right in front of the camera but not a single picture taken.

That would frustrate me too.

Page 444 of 1,842 1 2 442 443 444 445 446 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,940
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.