Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
I see the Dinosaur mentally is alive and well !!!!

yes it is, and you really should do something about it. Maybe if you studied the issue, you could get some enlightenment. laugh

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Derby..I never once said surrender nor did I say "bend over" I don't like this situation anymore than you or others but as someone else posted we need to deal with this problem out of stealth and intellect..getting rid of the bad guys as they pop up IMO is a smarter option.....FLEM

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You will be SO comfortable with dhimmitude status. It seems to come naturally to you.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam..you and I disagree that's a fact but a serious question here, what is your remedy? I'm more than willing to listen to your input without the profanity.

Woody
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Derby..I never once said surrender nor did I say "bend over" I don't like this situation anymore than you or others but as someone else posted we need to deal with this problem out of stealth and intellect..getting rid of the bad guys as they pop up IMO is a smarter option.....FLEM

You don't understand Islam.

THEY ARE ALL BAD GUYS! THERE ARE NO GOOD GUYS!!! ALL MULIMS WANT TO AND ARE SWORN TO KILL INFIDELS!!!!!

Sorry for the shouting but I want to get the point across.

You cannot lie down with rattlers without expecting to get bit. It's the same with Muslims. You must work toward killing them all or surrender there are no other options.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam..you and I disagree that's a fact but a serious question here, what is your remedy? I'm more than willing to listen to your input without the profanity.

that we disagree is an understatement. That you don't like how I phrase my opinion is not a concern of mine.

My remedy, since you asked, is that we as a Country recognize the threat that islam poses, and if necessary, inflict a great deal of pain, on those that are using islam as a reason for attacking and killing us, and others.
Once the political and religious leadership of the various muslim factions learn that threatening, attacking, killing our Citizens and destroying our property, trying to change our culture to suit their wants and other excesses of behavior they are showing, are counter productive, and are ALWAYS going to be met with disproportionate force, then I believe we will see them make more of effort to 'get along'.

Simple really.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

that we disagree is an understatement. That you don't like how I phrase my opinion is not a concern of mine.

My remedy, since you asked, is that we as a Country recognize the threat that islam poses, and if necessary, inflict a great deal of pain, on those that are using islam as a reason for attacking and killing us, and others.
Once the political and religious leadership of the various muslim factions learn that threatening, attacking, killing our Citizens and destroying our property, trying to change our culture to suit their wants and other excesses of behavior they are showing, are counter productive, and are ALWAYS going to be met with disproportionate force, then I believe we will see them make more of effort to 'get along'.

Simple really.

DITTOS! Could not have said it better.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
oh yeah, one other thing, with muslims, as with any other bully or aggressor, showing fear will only invite more attacks.
Appeasing an aggressor might keep you out of a fight at the moment, but it never solves the problem.

Never was a good idea to try and run from a pit bull, ya know?

.....and we have GOT to stand up, grow a set, and just say that it IS islam that we are at war with.
When we inflict that pain I was talking about earlier, we need to do it where ever the infection has taken root. Just tell the host country up front, that there are no hiding places, no sanctuary.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/08/10.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There has never been a war where only the lives and freedoms of the good guys and the bad guys were at risk. To endure attacks without responding in kind for fear of affecting innocents is impossible and to avoid conflict for that reason is folly that will result in total failure.

Flyboy, they are targeting ALL non Muslims and the unfortunate truth is that ALL Muslims have to be at risk also. There is no other way.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anybody wonder why muslim terrorists weren't on your grandpa's worry list ?

The Ottoman Empire kept them in check . We destroyed it .

The USSR had no muslim problem .muslims ,yes .Problem,No.Now , Russia has problems with 'em .

These despotic regimes controlled muslims in the only effective way - they dominated , harrassed , and killed them .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Seems to be the "mass retribution/kill them all/create fear tactic" was tried by a certain very capable military, unconstrained by any moral scruples, both in western Europe, and in Russia and the Ukraine (where the population was initially friendly, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and partisans... with no success.

Yet we have people on the board advocating a change from a counter-insurgency to a world-wide Crusade... There are Muslims everywhere who either hold neutral views of the US, have positive views of the US, are Allies of the US... and over 3500 serving in the US Armed Forces. There are Muslim cadets at West Point. There are Muslim countries who provide logistical assistance for our war. There is a Muslim opposition in Iran, seeking a secular government. What is possibly gained by pissing in their faces?

Of course, I'm sure many of the same folks who are stomping their feet, saying the pastor has a constitutional right to burn the books (which is correct), probably will say the Muslims should be thrown out of the military, in violation of the constitution.

I don't see where General Petraeus is violating his oath. He's said that burning the Koran is a bad idea. It's a symbolic act by a self-important pastor that will not have any positive effect on the war. It may have negative consequences on the war. Since the General is responsible for the lives of his men and women, I'd respect his input. He's fighting the war he has... not the war the "kill 'em all" folks wish he had. Don't understand why anyone wants to make it any tougher.

If 30 people want to put their religious beliefs into action, in defiance of the best interests of the United States of America and it's armed forces.... they're no better than a Muslim extremist who hasn't bought his box cutter yet.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks I was beginning to think I was all alone IMO....FLEM

Woody
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
There has never been a war where only the lives and freedoms of the good guys and the bad guys were at risk. To endure attacks without responding in kind for fear of affecting innocents is impossible and to avoid conflict for that reason is folly that will result in total failure.

Flyboy, they are targeting ALL non Muslims and the unfortunate truth is that ALL Muslims have to be at risk also. There is no other way.

DITTOS!

You don't win wars by dying for your cause, you win wars by making the other poor bastoid die for his cause to paraphrase Patton.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Anybody wonder why muslim terrorists weren't on your grandpa's worry list ?

The Ottoman Empire kept them in check . We destroyed it .

The USSR had no muslim problem .muslims ,yes .Problem,No.Now , Russia has problems with 'em .

These despotic regimes controlled muslims in the only effective way - they dominated , harrassed , and killed them .

DITTOS!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All those Muslims you have listed are just a lit fuse waiting for a chance to put it to US citizens.

In WWII there were German insurgents who fought their own German brethren yet the US still fought a full scale war against Germany. The German insurgents didn't expect the US to stop fighting against Germany just because the insurgents were fighting behind the lines.

If the Muslims really want us to believe they want peace they will stop funding so-called Muslim radicals and providing bases for them. Muslims will also hunt down the radical Muslims in their borders and kill them. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All those Muslims you have listed are just a lit fuse waiting for a chance to put it to US citizens.

And you are willing to piss em off while Obama is in office?
Get a clue

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by derby_dude

In WWII there were German insurgents who fought their own German brethren yet the US still fought a full scale war against Germany. The German insurgents didn't expect the US to stop fighting against Germany just because the insurgents were fighting behind the lines.

If the Muslims really want us to believe they want peace they will stop funding so-called Muslim radicals and providing bases for them. Muslims will also hunt down the radical Muslims in their borders and kill them. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What German insurgency? The White Rose Leafleteers?

If you want examples of Muslim countries hunting down and killing extremists within... look at Egypt and Yemen. Look at what Algeria, Mauretania and Morocco are doing with the Maghreb Inurgency; Iraq is attempting to deal with Al_Quaida; Tunisia and the TIF; Lebanon smashed Fatah-al-Islam; Jordan, Turkey and Syria, despite being Muslim countries, take very aggressive steps to quash Islamic extremists. Obviously, preservation of their goverments is their primary objective against extremists; but to assert that Muslims aren't hunting down, imprisoning and/or killing extremists, just isn't accurate. Saudi Arabis is a big problem; the oligarchy won't crack down, because they control so much of the wealth, and can't risk an uprising. So guys like Alwaleed bin Talal get richer..... and all the kingdom does is beg extremists to repent.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
any action against muslim extremists is the result of two things only.
Either a Sunni population is killing Shia, /shia population is killing sunnis, or, as in Saudi Arabia, the radicals have over stepped their mandate, and want a regime change.

There is not a place on earth, where muslim radicals are reigned in for any other reason.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
any action against muslim extremists is the result of two things only.
Either a Sunni population is killing Shia, /shia population is killing sunnis, or, as in Saudi Arabia, the radicals have over stepped their mandate, and want a regime change.

There is not a place on earth, where muslim radicals are reigned in for any other reason.

DITTOS!!!Again!!! This has got to stop Sam!!!! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think that living at 'ground zero', gives me a slight edge on perception of this issue.
The Church in question is less than half a mile, as the crow flys.

This whole thing has been vastly blown out of proportion by the media and the administration. They have an agenda, and that agenda is frankly more dangerous than Dove Outreach Church.

Sam......

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugeman, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 3,515 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,741
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.