-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Can anybody run down the laws state by state? What can I use ,sabot,scope etc. Maybe there is a web-site that can give a complete run down. As you can guess I am new to blackpowder. Help please. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vermont law is basically a front-loading, single shot firearm that uses either black powder or a black powder substitute. Scopes, in-lines, sabots, 209 ignition, are all legal. Sean

"You shouldn't say it is not good. You should say you do not like it; and then, you know, you're perfectly safe." James Whistler
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Colorado, in-lines ok. no scopes, sabots, or pellets during M/L season. hunter orange required just like rife season. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pennsylvania is flintlock only. Single projectile, (includes sabot) Open sights. No peep or scopes.<P>It's more of a primitive arms season for us. That's fine by me though. Keeps the yay-hoos away. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <BR>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kentucky has laws simular to Vermont. A single projectile loaded form the muzzle using Black powder or substitute. Scopes, in-lines, sabots, 209 primers all OK. Hunter Orange is required.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
thanks gays. How about anyone out west? any help there? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
In Idaho it's .50 or bigger for Elk. RB or Conicals. Sabots must use a bullet of .429 diameter minimum. Standard caps,no 209's. No scopes;open or receiver sights. Pellets or loose powder. This year F&G set up some hunts that require a sidehammer gun with loose powder and patched RB. Hope this helps

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Washington State, 45 cal or larger, single charged barrel from muzzel, lead projectiles only, no sabots or jacketed bullets. No glass sights (scopes) flint or caps only, no primers. No orange required during muzzle loading season. If you choose to hunt muzzleloader season you cannot hunt modern rifle season and must purchase a tag for either modern or muzzleloader.Special seasons apply.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I found this last night on another ML board. This link may give you some idea as to the differences of each state. If you decide to go, be sure to check with the peticular states' Fish & Wildlife regulating authority.<P><A HREF="http://www.cva.com/regs.htm" TARGET=_blank>CVA</A>

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I moved from AZ 2 years ago, and IF I remember right and IF it hasn't changed since, then just about anything goes...sabots, scopes, pellets (it just has to be one shot, loaded from the bbl front)<P>CO is pretty communistic, to my way of thinking as they do not allow sabots, scopes, or pellets. But, they do allow conicals, as long as they are not longer than twice the bore's diameter. The manner of ignition is not touched on.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GA is no scopes, Iron sights or non-magnifying fiber optic only, .44 or larger for big game. <P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
BTW I checked with the DOW CVA powerbelts are legal in Colorado. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just about anything goes here in Louisiana. Scopes, sabots, shotgun primers whatever gets you going.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
NEW YORK:
<br>
<br>All Areas
<br>All hunters participating in the muzzleloading season must adhere to the following requirements in addition to the other regulations.
<br>
<br>Each resident hunter must have affixed a current year Muzzleloading Stamp to his or her big game license.
<br>Each nonresident hunter must have a current year Muzzeloading License.
<br>The legal firearm for this season is a muzzleloading rifle or pistol (including smoothbore muzzleloaders) loaded through the muzzle, and shooting a single projectile and having a bore of .44 inches or larger. Double-barreled muzzleloaders and percussion cap revolvers are not legal during the special muzzleloading season. If you hunt with a single-shot muzzleloading pistol, you must have a New York State Pistol License.
<br>Hunters shall not have in their possession, or be accompanied by a person who has in his or her possession, a bow or firearm other than the legal muzzleloading firearm.
<br>You may use fiber-optic sights on a muzzleloading firearm at any time. However, you may not use scopes with lenses (magnifying or non-magnifying) or battery-powered scopes during the special muzzleloading seasons. You are allowed to use these devices on a muzzleloader during the regular big game seasons.
<br>Muzzleloader- Firearm loaded through the muzzle, a minimum bore of .44 inches and shooting a single projectile. Scopes may be used only during the Regular Big Game Season or the Early Bear Season. See Muzzleloading section of regulations for special requirements during the muzzleloading season.
<br>

savageT
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 204guy, 222Sako, 160user, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.