T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
whats yours dave?

It's a wildview.

It took some time off last year when I needed it the most. It works when it feels like working grin

Union camera. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
When you coming up Tzone.

The weekend of the 24th. It might be on Saturday now tho instead of Friday, or late friday night.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Headed up to the adirondacks Friday for opening of early bear. cool
Mostly time to catch up with the neighbors that I only see from sept - dec . But always ready for another tasty bear in the freezer !!!
Dang water company needs me back here on 9/28 to " upgrade" our old water meter. frown They been replacing them all summer and wait till hunting season to get around to ours , bastids they are .
Oh well , probably lawn will need mowing again by then and laundry to do so it will work out ok.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
whats yours dave?

It's a wildview.

It took some time off last year when I needed it the most. It works when it feels like working grin

Don't feel lonely Dave. I have one of the early model Cuddeback game cameras that does the same thing. It worked great for the first year that I had it then started doing all kinds of weird things. Most notably not taking pictures of the deer that had obviously walked in front of it and left their tracks in the snow as evidence. This was a $400 camera just a few years ago.

I just picked up a Wildgame 4.0 camera on sale at the local discount sporting goods store. I'll hang it near my mineral lick and let you all know what I think of it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm lookin really hard at primos truth cam 35 today.

I know I've been talking about the bushnell trophy cam for over a year now but....

I been looking hard and these are supposed to do what I want out of a cam & I can get 2 of em for the price of a trophy cam.

The trophy cam is supposed to have the best battery life though.

Hard to say.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How much are they going for Dave? Cuddyback is running a deal right now for $119 or 129. Normally a $200 camera. Some guys dont' like em, but they have a pretty good warranty from what I understand.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave you running power or generator out there?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
no power, we have an old generator but haven't fired it for 3 years.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tom, the truth cams are going from 80 to 100

I found a deal where I can get a cam and a pair of 2gb SD cards all for under a hundred.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we ran a generator for when we did the wood on the walls last year, other than that its quiet and rustic just the way I like it smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh yeah that little portable unit I borowed from a friend. Forgot about that.

I don't know if you even knew it Ryan but there is a big 6.5kw V twin electric start RV generator behind the cabin. We used to run that one for power tools when we were building the cabin.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LOL ok I was curious.

May have another lead on the japanese hot tub for ya as well.

Guy is supposed to get back at me he just got done refurbing it and looking to get it out of his garage.

Has another guy looking i think tonight. But will let you know where he is at on it. Think he was asking 5 bills.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Shoot that's a decent deal. I don't know anything about those cam's.

Got word from the doc on my dad. He has the tore (off) bicep, rotator cuff is ruff shape, and some bone spurs. They're going to fix everything 100% but the bicep. Doc can partialy re-attach it, and then says it should strengthen itself some more.

He'll be laid up for 8-10 weeks. yuk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
didn't even know it was there, don't miss electricity for keeping the quiet out there thats for sure smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like the "no elect." I do have to bring a deep cycle battery tho for my cpap when I sleep for the sleep apnea.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You guys talking about "freezer pleasers" got me curious.How many doe days do you have there?Here in South Carolina we have established doe days but in addition you can purchase from one to four doe tags at $5 each which are"use anytime" tags.So there are set days on which you can legally take a doe without the tags but you may use the purchased tags any time and you do not have to use the tag on a set doe day.I always buy four doe tags but do not use all of them.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good morning Stan.

We can shoot does on any day as long as we have a tag to do so. In some areas the deer population is fairly low and you need to apply for a doe tag. If you don't get one, you are restricted to a buck only. The buck has to have 1 antler, 3" or more in length.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We have an early antlerless firearms season coming up in the end of oct. Deer season opens for archery on Sat this week and from sat on out till late December it's deer season of some sort or another. You can take antlerless deer within those dates as long as you have a tag for them. That varies by area within different zones basically.

In our area we are actually unlimited (that's hard to believe but it's true)

We can shoot as many antlerless as we want in our area due to a few sick cows we had up here some years back (bovine TB)

When you get Bovine TB in your state, the state takes it seriously. I like to use the word "overkill" to describe how my state reacted. They basically put on a show to make the rest of the world feel better about MN beef.

A little slight of hand.

Let�s make white tail deer the bad guys. We'll collect piles of money to manage the problem then we'll hunt the deer herd day and night 365 days a year with spotlights and from helicopters with "sharp shooters". Lets extend and reopen deer seasons in this area, lets lift the limit on antlerless. Let's wage a war on the area deer herd and continue it for years on end. People will soon associate bovine TB with deer and they will see all that we are doing to eradicate the problem and all will be well.

Don't worry about more strict and more frequent testing of cattle, better containment etc... Don�t worry about the source of the problem, don�t worry about the fact that a few deer contracted the disease from eating out of cattle feeders. We'll just kill all the deer and put on a big show, make the city folk feel safe from the zombie deers.

Because the department of natural resources is always one step ahead of mother nature. Right?

Because mother nature CANT take care of herself. What did she ever do before the DNR was here? However did she do it? How did she manage to cull the sick for thousands of years without the DNR?

Um????? WINTER???

And now we know how Dave feels about THAT.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm back from the great north woods. Wish I could say we brought back a bear, but it didn't happen. Only one bear seen in the week we were there. My friend passed on the shot as it was questionable. The other friend never saw a bear.

The good news is that there was a 13 year old staying at the same resort that shot his first bear. His dad had it on video and brought it over to show us. He was one proud dad.

We've been told that there was a 737 pound bear taken in Shawano County and another 700 plus taken in Rusk County. I haven't been able to verify this yet though.

I spent a good deal of my time brushing out the mile of trail into our camp.

Saw a lots of turkeys and some deer. Our bow season starts on the 18th along with grouse.

The trees are really starting to turn now.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill, I heard the same thing about the bear from Wittenberg. But it was from Pete, so I didn't pay much attention. laugh

Page 453 of 1,842 1 2 451 452 453 454 455 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 8 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,393
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.