Horse shoe properly positioned? Check, check, check
Monkey Butt Ribbon? Check, check, check, check
Rifle rack? Fail
Turbo exhaust? Fail
Shooting winder? Fail

Privy - one holer

[Linked Image]

whistle

A fire member PM'd me for dimensions of the privy and in my response I said the plans were modified after it was built. Originally it was a two-holer to spread out the distribution of waste. Changed to a one hole because of liablility issues. My no good brother-in-law from Illinois put a leg in each hole and sch-t on the seat. laugh laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by roundoak
My no good brother-in-law from Illinois

Only CHEESEHEADS are allowed here eh? grin

It's gettin' to be that time of da year.

Camp is where you make it.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
vacrt2002, your setup offers some great creature comforts.

Just a heads up here... hope you did not get one of the FEMA toxic trailers with hazardous levels of formaldehyde, mold, etc.

Good hunting.

Wayne

I did!~ frown Not to worry at 99.50/gal i have some sealer that will make it OK after I paint over the wood paneling - - I don't live there and I've checked with the company for the little bit I use it, we are good. I even got it insured in case one of those walnut trees falls on it smile

Been a long time coming and yes the old storage trailer served by bro in-law well over the year...sure wish he was hear to enjoy the new place with me or that I had come home sooner....Greg

Last edited by vacrt2002; 09/20/10. Reason: spelling of course

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've got a flush toilet at the house. When I first bought the place, I was wondering what happened to the effluent. The agent told me to go look for a pipe in back of the house. Sure enough! There was a poop pipe about 15 yards behind the back of the bathroom, emptying out onto the hillside. One of the first things I did was get 100 feet of flexible drain pipe and continued the run further out into the field behind the house. About every six months I take the end of the pipe and move it somewhere else. That seems to be the custom around here.

What's funny is that the dogs and to some extent, the neighbor kids all think it's great adventure to chase the sound of water running in the pipe. Somebody flushes and they all take off and run down the pipe to the end to see what comes out. Ah! The simple pleasures of the country!

At the back of the property, about a half-mile from the house, I have this:

[Linked Image]

It's about half-way between to of my better deer stands. I love taking a mid-morning break and stopping by for a visit. To me, having an outhouse by your treestand is the ultimate luxury.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
There is some things here that doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you have a shed, and electricity or propane, why not get an instantaneous water heater and connect it to the water hose - to the spring or well and use it for your hot water needs.

The wash tub deal is way too small with all the shower curtains in it. The shower curtains will be real yucky after 4 grown men takes a shower for a day or two.

You could also get a 55 gallon or larger tank and use it for a reserve for your shower needs. If you had a camp roof, just put a hose that would run the water across the roof in the summer and let the sun warm the water. Use some type of recirculation pump to pump the water between the barrel and the roof - when the drum is full and you will have the best hot water heater on warm days.

For the winter, you can put a BUG in a coal furnace and use the coal heat to heat your water along side your living space.
It might cost you $40 to plumb it all in, but to get free hot water for $40 is a real good deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with Duquensebeer about the shower curtain. It wouldn't matter at our lease though. All our guys or so fat, only a couple of them could get in that shower at the same time. Nothing like taking a shower with a grown man.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
vacrt2002, your setup offers some great creature comforts.

Just a heads up here... hope you did not get one of the FEMA toxic trailers with hazardous levels of formaldehyde, mold, etc.

Good hunting.

Wayne

I did!~ frown Not to worry at 99.50/gal i have some sealer that will make it OK after I paint over the wood paneling - - I don't live there and I've checked with the company for the little bit I use it, we are good. I even got it insured in case one of those walnut trees falls on it smile

Been a long time coming and yes the old storage trailer served by bro in-law well over the year...sure wish he was hear to enjoy the new place with me or that I had come home sooner....Greg

Sorry for a delayed response...been bowhunting deer. Glad to hear there is remedial action one can take to protect your health.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
shaman,

That is a nice looking privy. The crescent-moon makes it more authentic looking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you. It has its own web page too:

http://www.blackholecoffeehouse.com/new_page_1.htm

Now, who can boast that?

It played an important role in bagging what was at that point my biggest buck to date back in 2003. I was up in my treestand on Opening Day. It was still a good half-hour before legal shooting. All of a sudden I heard this terrific ruckus coming from the outhouse less about 100 yards away.

It sounded as though there was a drunk at the outhouse throwing up. It was awful and disgusting and it made me mad that I'd have someone trespassing in that sort of state on my property and causing such havoc on Opening Day. I had resolved to go over and give the rotter a piece of my mind, when it finally dawned on me that all this noise was really two bucks fighting just outside the outhouse in the clearing. The smaller one exited quickly past my stand. A few minutes later, the victor came over and stood broadside to me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Round oak,
I like the set up!

We have a "fish house" shower house at our lake place (avoids building permit hassles) and we use a coleman hot-water-on-demand system for pumping & water heating. You may want to look at one because the solar shower may not keep up for a WI rifle season hunt!

H

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
shaman, to answer your question..."Now, who can boast that?"

Not me, perhaps someone else on the fire.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by humdinger
Round oak,
I like the set up!

We have a "fish house" shower house at our lake place (avoids building permit hassles) and we use a coleman hot-water-on-demand system for pumping & water heating. You may want to look at one because the solar shower may not keep up for a WI rifle season hunt!

H

You are correct, we can't always rely on the solar water bags because of cloudy days so we put two or three tea kettles of water on the wood cookstove and fill the solar bags.

The last 4 or 5 years some spring turkey hunters have brought the Coleman hot water system to camp and it works very well for them. However, I remain committed to a low tech philosophy for creature comfort at the camp. People have asked why I did not put in a well and indoor plumbing. My answer has always been - money and if you make it too modern all the relatives show up. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 26 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.