Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bricktop
This all renders me absolutely speechless.

rendering Bricktop speechless might be grounds for turdlike status...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VAnimrod,

Are we gonna get to see some pics? I keep going back to this thread hoping to see some photos or read some range notes, but.... smirk

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Wouldn't the CZ 52 have a stronger lockup than the Tokarev?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whelennut
Wouldn't the CZ 52 have a stronger lockup than the Tokarev?

The lock up is not the problem. Both the CZ52 and the Tokarev could have been blowbacks. They have enough slide mass and case support for the cartridges they were chambered in for blow backs to work. Maybe the cases would have ejected a long way, but it could have been done.

The problem with the CZ52s are:
1) The thin spot under the chamber where the relief cut for the rollers was milled out. This causes the CZ52 chamber to split at relatively low pressures compared to any other semi auto.
2) The heat treat of the barrel steel varies from RC25 to RC47.
This causes the chamber to split much more easily on some CZ52s than others.

I have thought about making a CZ52 barrel out of good steel with good heat treat and slightly less cut out for rollers. I could use slightly shorter rollers. The CZ52 might get stronger than the brass, and join the ranks of every other semi auto pistol.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Armen
VAnimrod,

Are we gonna get to see some pics? I keep going back to this thread hoping to see some photos or read some range notes, but.... smirk

Pics, I can get today.

Range notes will have to wait a bit. The indoor range here in town does not allow any bottlenecked cartridges, so... a range session will have to wait until I can get clear of town and up to the hunting camp.

Got all the cosmoline cleaned out of the M57. Overall, a very nice little piece. The trigger (once the cosmoline was out of the firing assembly) is pretty crisp; heavy (maybe 7# or so), but crisp. For a battle pistol, that's not bad, not bad at all, really.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Still waiting for Clark to comment on exactly what PSI pressures his bomb-load Tokarevs are withstanding...

A blow-back in 7.62x25.... priceless....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Still waiting for Clark to comment on exactly what PSI pressures his bomb-load Tokarevs are withstanding...

You think you deserve data?

I believe you can buy 7.62x25 blow backs.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

I believe you can buy 7.62x25 blow backs.

You think your "experiments" are credible without data?

You might be able to buy a 7.62x25 blowback; gotta link?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I don't think most here deserve your data.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, and this is apples to oranges, but you can get at least one blowback 7.62x25
Wiselite is the shop putting out the new Sterling Carbine(9mm Para) thery are also now producing the Wiselite Colfire Magnum Pistol. Essentially a chopping down a Sterling Carbine in to a pistol and chambering it for 7.62x25
Like all Sterling/STEN it is a blowback gun. They have been available for awhile now. I can't give a link from the office, but J&G in Prescott, Az. has them.

That said I still think Clark is blowing smoke here.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
FWIW, and this is apples to oranges, but you can get at least one blowback 7.62x25
Wiselite is the shop putting out the new Sterling Carbine(9mm Para) thery are also now producing the Wiselite Colfire Magnum Pistol. Essentially a chopping down a Sterling Carbine in to a pistol and chambering it for 7.62x25
Like all Sterling/STEN it is a blowback gun. They have been available for awhile now. I can't give a link from the office, but J&G in Prescott, Az. has them.

That said I still think Clark is blowing smoke here.

Wow....

Yeah, this thing SO resembles a Tokarev or CZ-52... it's just glaringly obvious how those guns could have been a blow-back like this one....

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/sterling-pistol,-7-62x25-cal,-the-colefire-magnum-by-wiselite-/products_id/3940

[Linked Image]

Well run company, too....

http://www.wlarms.com/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said apples and oranges.
Just clarifying that there is at least one blowback in 7.62x25

I wasn't backing up Clark in anyway....

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Oh, understood completely.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not an expert by any stretch, but the full auto versions of the Sten and Sterling fired from an open bolt, not blow back. The semi-autos are closed bolt, but I'm pretty sure the Sterling has a fluted bolt and is at least a delayed blow back, if not a locked breech, firearm.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Pardon the crappy pics (a photographer, I ain't...):

Let's start with a couple "extend family" pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now, obviously, that's a Colt 1911A1, a BHP (FEG-clone), and the Yugo M57. The family resemblances go much more than skin deep, however.

Here's the 1911 stripped:

[Linked Image]

Notice the barrel lugs, the takedown/slide release/stop lever, and the barrel bushing, along with the toggle link and recoil spring assembly?

Now, here's the BHP stripped:

[Linked Image]

The barrel bushing was eliminated, as was the barrel toggle/link assembly. But, the slide release/stop, the barrel lugs, and recoil spring assembly are very similar, as is the overall slide design itself.

Now, here's the M57 stripped:

[Linked Image]

The barrel bushing is back, as is the toggle/link. The barrel lugs are still there, the slide release/stop is still there, and the recoil spring assembly is similar (though, it's a 2-piece, jointed spring guide).

Look, though, at that modular firing assembly. Rather ingenious, really.

Even the magazines are remarkably similar and show the family traits:

[Linked Image]

If anything, the Tok is simply a much simplified Browning-derived design. Indicative of that is not only the modular firing assembly, but look at the retaining mechanism for the slide release/stop:

[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/VAnimrod/P4190137.jpg[/img]

Just a simple locking slide; no machinations of the slide required to disengage. Clever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are a lever delayed blowback to my knowledge.
I could be mistaken as I have not laid hands on one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn it!

Seeing these Toks all cleaned up is really putting the bug to me. I might need one of these.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Magnum...

They're damned cheap.... and even cheaper to feed.... Russian count case (1280 rds) for under $150. Try that with anything other than a .22LR....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah I haven't been able to find one local yet. J&G is just up the hill in Prescott and has them for like $180.

I know the ammo is dirt cheap there too. Like $79 for 1000rounds or something silly.

Maybe roninphx wants to part with one so I can avoid the run up to J&G grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Damn it!

Seeing these Toks all cleaned up is really putting the bug to me. I might need one of these.

+100 on this.

VAnimrod: Thanks for posting the great pics. Those Yugo Toks look nicer and nicer everytime I see one. Your photos might have just pushed me over the edge.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,869 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.