Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It took an hour for the police to arrive...

The regular number listed from last years phone book for the Sheriffs office was not a working number... I couldn't believe that one...

The reason I needed the Police was really strange. The woman who owns a pasture behind my property has a right of way through my land. My wife and I have the right of first purchase on the property. The woman has gotten it into her head that I am trying to sabotage her sale so that I can buy it for pennies on the dollar.

Several Months ago a crazy guy had told her that he had seen me taking down a for sale sign for her property. The whole neighborhood knows he is a pathological liar. I confronted her about even thinking about listening to him... I know the story spread and other neighbors have told her she should have known better than to have listened to "Liar Jeff"...

A Month or so ago her really obnoxious realtor called me basically demanding a better right of way through my property. If she had called me herself some sort of arrangement might have been made but she didn't and the guy who did call was a flaming jerk so I hung up on him.

Today I found her assaulting my wife's flower garden along the right of way with a weed eater.... it had the saw blade on it rather than strings. The woman is in her late 60s.. I attempted to be tactful at first... she said her lawyer told her she can do anything she wants to improve the access... I told her to shut the weed eater off so we could discuss the situation... she refused... I ordered her to stop or I would have her arrested.

She turned toward me with the weed whacker still running and repeated her lawyer said she could do anything she wanted.

She had a pretty crazy look in her eyes so I backed further away from saw blade range, told her I was calling the cops retreated to the house locked the doors located a 9MM and began the search for the right phone number...

At this point I wasn't clear about what she was packing on the end of her weed eater so I was a tad sheepish about doing the 911 thing rather than making a non emergency call over a confrontation with a woman who must be pushing 70, but she was out of control...

She had left by the time the cop got here... we walked out along the length of the right of way and could see where she had taken down tree limbs... it had to have been the saw blade she was facing me off with...

I can't say that she made any overt gestures toward me with the buzz saw but she refused to shut it down and had turned to face me with it at port arms...

The officer told me the property damage charge was a slam dunk and that it sounded like a criminal menacing charge might stick as well...

He took pictures of the garden carnage... and said it would be available as evidence if my wife and I decide we want to press charges...

I told him that I definitely wanted the fear of God put into her over the pending criminal charges but that mainly, it's a really small town that neither my wife or I are from... if the woman apologizes to my wife and gets it through her head that I am not doing underhanded stuff to take advantage of her attempted sale of the property behind the house I'm not pressing charges...

I got a call back from the deputy saying that he had not been able to reach the saw blade weed whacker woman yet but that he would track her down...

Never had a stand off with a saw blade weed whacker woman before... need to sleep on this one... she never made any gestures toward me with it but kept the rpms up and had it pointed in my general direction...

Strange world we live in.

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I see book and film royalties. This has more potential than a Stephen King nightmare.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some atty told her to do what was necessary...put suit on his ass as well.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH was not visiting, was he?

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd lock all the windows and doors! She may come after you with a leaf blower when your asleep

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I'd lock all the windows and doors! She may come after you with a leaf blower when your asleep

Funny.... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you think about it... a weed whacker with the saw blade would probably be harder to fend off than a crazed person with a chainsaw... boy I would have died mad...

The good news is that she took out a bunch of poison ivy along the road too... she must not have noticed that...be a shame if she has a big break out...

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Funny.... grin

Funny huh? I had 3 grown Hispanic men point their leaf blowers at me just the other day! While no overt gestures were made my life flashed before my eyes as I stared down the barrels of those menacing lawn tools! What's even scarier is that they were within 15 feet of a trailer that was loaded down with weed wackers and riding lawn mowers! My neighborhood has really gone downhill grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Lets hope she has an itchy ass... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few weeks ago here an old guy and two women who lived next door had a similar "discussion" about a right away access he had. They wanted to put a gate across it etc....

All I know is it ended he killed both of them and then shot himself.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
If you think about it... a weed whacker with the saw blade would probably be harder to fend off than a crazed person with a chainsaw... boy I would have died mad...

I don't mean to belittle the obvious terror you felt but a 70 year old woman with a weedeater is hardly the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Good luck with whatever happens, I hope she gets put away for a very long time. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
~~Disclaimer~

In leiu of the recent hurt feelings in the Africa Forum I feel I should let you know that I am just giving you a hard time. I hope it all works out for you, I would be pissed if somebody destroyed my property!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

omg! laffin!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Would this be like her using a sound suppressor? I'd stay away from the windows...:

[Linked Image]

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A scary story like that makes me glad that I live down here among simple peace loving folks that are armed only with plastic leaf rakes & brooms

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't mean to poke fun but the responses have me in tears. lol

It's been my experience when dealing with old badgers you may as well be banging your head against the wall.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Any non business call should go via 911.

Closest resource gets sent to keep the incident from escalating. Be clear on what is happening.

Would you feel better if the person who cut your head off with the weed eater was 35? smile

Upset people with sharp things are dangerous regardless of age.

Nice job keeping your cool.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I can't say that she made any overt gestures toward me with the buzz saw but she refused to shut it down and had turned to face me with it at port arms...

LOL!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

She turned toward me with the weed whacker still running and repeated her lawyer said she could do anything she wanted.

Was she hot? You know a weed eater can flat phuch you up.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs

Would you feel better if the person who cut your head off with the weed eater was 35? smile

I can honestly say that I've never met a 70 years old woman that had a snowflakes chance in hell of cutting my head off with a weedeater, even if she did have it at "port arms"! I have a better chance of getting pregnant grin

I'd be pissed about the petunias though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 21, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 16,803 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,834
Posts18,537,140
Members74,047
Most Online17,595

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.