Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," Obama said in his remarks.

This doesn't sound like he's wanting "them" to wait for the vote in NOvember!

Alan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_black_caucus

By MARK S. SMITH, Associated Press Writer � 12 mins ago
WASHINGTON � President Barack Obama came out swinging against Republicans in a fiery campaign-season speech to black lawmakers Saturday night, making an urgent appeal for the kind of grassroots organizing that propelled the civil rights movement.
With the GOP hoping to regain power on Capitol Hill in the November election, Obama described his adversaries as "a crowd ... that wants to do what's right politically, instead of what's right � period." He never named the opposing party, referring to it as "the other side."
"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," Obama said in his remarks.
The first black president also said the recession had struck "with a particular vengeance on African-American communities" and he defended his approach to reviving the sour economy.
Members of "the other side," Obama said, "want to take us backward. We want to move America forward. In fact, they're betting that you'll come down with a case of amnesia. That you'll forget about what their agenda did to this country when they were in charge. Remember, these are the folks who spent almost a decade driving the economy into a ditch. And now they're asking for the keys back."
With polls showing his party facing a wide "enthusiasm gap" with the GOP, Obama sought to rally an important constituency in his speech.
"What made the civil rights movement possible were foot soldiers like so many of you, sitting down at lunch counters and standing up for freedom. What made it possible for me to be here today are Americans throughout our history making our union more equal, making our union more just, making our union more perfect," Obama said. "That's what we need again."
The caucus is a group reeling from ethics charges against two leading members, Democratic Reps. Charles Rangel of New York and Maxine Waters of California. Republicans are preparing TV ads spotlighting the cases, even though House trials are now not expected until after the November election.
The cases complicate an already difficulty electoral landscape for Obama's party, with polls showing Republicans energized and Democrats unenthusiastic about the vote.
A recent AP-GfK poll found that 84 percent of Republicans believe their party will seize control of Congress in November. Just 51 percent of Democrats thought their party would keep it.
While neither party's rank and file thinks much of politics these days, Democrats' feelings have slumped badly. Just 26 percent said they're "excited," compared with 80 percent when Obama was elected.
For Obama, the caucus dinner at the Washington Convention Center capped a week of concerted outreach to minority supporters, a traditional wellspring of Democratic strength.
The effort began Monday with a White House reception for black college officials. It included speeches by the president on Wednesday to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and by first lady Michelle Obama to a black caucus legislative conference that same day.
Last week, Obama was interviewed on "The Tom Joyner Show" radio program, which enjoys a large black audience.
Black caucus members have been staunch backers of the first African-American president. But they've also voiced concern that he hasn't done enough to help struggling black families.
They point to persistent high inner-city unemployment and a new census report showing a jump in poverty on Obama's watch. The poverty rate was 14.3 percent, with the ranks of working-age poor at the highest since the 1960s. For blacks, the rate was 25.8 percent and for Hispanics it was 25.3 percent.
Obama told Joyner he knows unemployment has been "brutal," especially among African-Americans, but he compared the economy to a patient recovering from an accident. "It can't run yet, but it's walking," he said.
The president told the Hispanic group he is committed to an immigration overhaul, even though it has stalled in Congress. He blamed GOP opposition and said Hispanic voters should keep that in mind.
"You have every right to keep the heat on me and keep the heat on the Democrats," he said. "But don't forget who is standing with you, and who is standing against you. ... Your voice can make the difference."
As to the charges facing Waters and Rangel, Obama has mostly sought to keep his distance.
Rangel, a 40-year House veteran, won renomination Tuesday in a crowded Democratic field in his Harlem district in New York City. Facing 13 ethics counts, Rangel has vigorously fought the charges, shrugging off pleas from fellow Democrats � including Obama � to consider stepping aside.
When Obama told an interviewer he hoped Rangel could "end his career with dignity," the lawmaker snapped that the president hasn't been around "long enough to determine what my dignity is."
___
Online:
Congressional Black Caucus: http://www.cbcfinc.org/home.html

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said before...Obama ain't gonna step down voluntarily come his time to go. This is just more evidence.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
it could get nasty

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"They" are all against us, vote my way or be doomed!

Sounds like really desperate thrashing, which makes me smile.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL all rhetoric no substance for the thinking man.

For the Rangel BS Obama could end his career with dignity if he would just get out of the way of progress. But the blame game fits him so well.

This is the guy that told us his great leadership would unify America.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 09/18/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes he is.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep.
The oreobama... bringing it all together for a better future and a better America. What a disgusting display.

Our little dingleBarry. He's still campaigning. (yawn)

Has there ever been a bigger nothing? A bigger great big zero?

I don't think so.

It was often said during his presidential run he was an empty suit.
Wow, what an understatement.
And the whole world is watching.
How pathetic is that?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rioting is standard practice among Muslims as a means to get their way.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

For the Rangel BS Obama could end his career with dignity if he would just get out of the way of progress. But the blame game fits him so well.

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
classic......Obama has become an irrelevance, to whom noone listens any more.

the fact that he chose as his audience the gang of felons comically known as the Black Congressional Caucus makes the "speech" doubly amusing

haven't seen the video, but you can bet he acquired a Negro accent and used lots of street lingo for the occasion

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day. [/quote]
What he said in spades

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
+1

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I read into that is Obama realizes he's lost the majority of even the people that voted for him. He's now playing the race card. It's the only thing he has left.

I see it as desperate act from a man that realizes he's in the proverbial schitter in the public's opinion. It's a far different tact that what he's used past. I don't watch his speeches but I've never seen or heard so much blatant race rhetoric from him in the past.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
100% RACIST! Just imagine if a white person talked that way to an all white crowd.....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
classic......Obama has become an irrelevance, to whom noone listens any more.

the fact that he chose as his audience the gang of felons comically known as the Black Congressional Caucus makes the "speech" doubly amusing

haven't seen the video, but you can bet he acquired a Negro accent and used lots of street lingo for the occasion

Agreed in the first part. Wouldn't take the bet in the second part, but expect you're right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Have a nice day.

Well I'm glad to hear that but apparently you lie as well.

NRA Lifetime Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Have a nice day.

Well, now! After several polite PM requests that you remove your MOFO-annoying avatar, you acknowledge the fact that you enjoy annoying your fellow Campfire members!

What a sweet lad you must be!

I reiterate: it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Well, now! After several polite PM requests that you remove your MOFO-annoying avatar, you acknowledge the fact that you enjoy annoying your fellow Campfire members!

I reiterate: it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.

I didn't say that. But a clue a contolling little piece of crap like you won't win this game bish.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 09/19/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[quote=17ACKLEYBEE]

Have a nice day.

I didn't say that. But a clue a contolling like piece of crap like you won't win this game bish.

This isn't a game, "bish"! This is an internet forum where reasonable (mostly) people exchange ideas and opinions about hunting and shooting, and here on the Hunter's Campfire, about politics. It's not a competition. No one wins or loses. It's the internet, dude.

I'm intrigued by the fact that after over a year of imposing your annoying avatar on this Campfire, and multiple requests by Campfire members asking you to take it down (not me alone, as you well know), you decide to defend your obnoxious behavior now. And in doing so, you accuse me of being a "controlling piece of crap"... so how, exactly, am I being "controlling", ackley? Is a polite request that you not annoy others "controlling" in your mind? Do you equate me with your mother? Is your mother still alive, son?

I wonder what drives your antisocial behavior, ackley. Because it is antisocial behavior, and you know it. Come out, come out, wherever you are, ackley!

I also find it intriguing that you chose "ackley" as the root name for your handle. I recall the bumbling, ineffectual, acne-faced character from Catcher in the Rye.

Hmmm. Such an interesting case study you represent, ackley.

Last edited by DocRocket; 09/19/10. Reason: caution

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doc.....I use Firefox and block that annoying POS avatar in case if pops up in a thread I am reading. The fact that he continues to use it shows what he thinks of other people and to be annoying or it may just be an attention getter like JeffObama's annoying posts.

17Ackleybee...I know DocRocket and consider him a very good friend. One who I have shared a few hunts with and a campfire several times. You should only be so lucky as to meet him. Grow up.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 15,882 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,197
Posts18,543,507
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.