Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jdw8310 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I saw a section of Winchesterguns.com describing the Winchester M70 Extreme Weather II. Comes fitted with Krieger barrel and McMillan Hunter's Edge stock!

I WANT ONE!

"Hey Chavez, how come they aint killing us?"
"Because we're in the spirit world A-Hole, they can't see us!"
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any links or pics?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The barrels are already good enough, but I'd take one with an edge stock over the pos they come with.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like they are no longer in production unless i found the wrong section - LINK

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Very nice, but damn pricey!!.................Hillbilly.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Cool!

We built the same thing back in the 80's.About time someone caught up..... smile

Talk about behind the curve.....

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The barrels are already good enough, but I'd take one with an edge stock over the pos they come with.

What did you expect for 900 dollars a Mcmillan Edge?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Very nice, but damn pricey!!.................Hillbilly.

Yep, I could have a Kreiger and McMillan installed myself, and have money left over for a hair cut, dinner and the movies.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll get my smith to build it and take the trued and massaged action for less money over that one. It's still nice to see a manufacturer making it available though.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

What did you expect for 900 dollars a Mcmillan Edge?
Of course not, but that b&c sucks. Have you ever handled one? I like the stock on my ruger hawkeye all weather better than what winchester is putting on the extreme weather. Just a personal preference and only .02.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
"historic product."

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have to say to all the folks saying the B&C stocks suck, that you have to come back to reality. The Medalist is a great stock. Is it better or worse than a Mcmillan? Well that is debatable but to say it sucks is just plain biased and stupid. Its a great stock that is rigid and comes with an aluminum bedding block. How can you really go wrong. If you don't like the feel maybe some time would get you used to it. It's just about what you're used to.

Tom

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had one on a TI 300 saum. It sucked IMO. Ergos of a 2x4.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BWalker

It that was the factory m700TI stock- REMINGTON designed that stock - not Bell and Carlson.

Last edited by jim62; 09/23/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Its nearly identical to the ones on the Winchesters.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I agree, the regular stock is chit!!! but that McMillan would be sweet if you are rich.................Hillbilly.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by BWalker

It that was the factory m700TI stock- REMINGTON designed that stock - not Bell and Carlson.

They feel the same to me Jim, where did you get that information?............Hillbilly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice stocks,don't feel like a 2x4 to me but then again I don't have small hands.

1 and done
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by statjunk
I have to say to all the folks saying the B&C stocks suck, that you have to come back to reality. The Medalist is a great stock. Is it better or worse than a Mcmillan? Well that is debatable but to say it sucks is just plain biased and stupid. Its a great stock that is rigid and comes with an aluminum bedding block. How can you really go wrong. If you don't like the feel maybe some time would get you used to it. It's just about what you're used to.

Tom

I won't say B&C stocks suck. But you are paying $200+ for a downgrade compared to the factory plastic stocks made by Ruger, Remington and most of the other companies.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by statjunk

Tom

I won't say B&C stocks suck. But you are paying $200+ for a downgrade compared to the factory plastic stocks made by Ruger, Remington and most of the other companies.

Really?

If that's the case then the M24 US Army sniper stocks and the FBI tactical rigs with stocks by HS precison must be inferior to injection molded nylon as well. That's because the high end B&C stocks are made with the same Kevlar/Carbon fiber renforced epoxy foam contruction as H.S. precision uses.. They have basically the same bedding blocks as well. When built to the same outer design, you cannot tell the two brands apart.

Weatherby, Remington, Winchester CZ-USA ,Cooper etc ALL now use Bell and Carlson for their highest grade of production synthetic stocks. They must be doing something right.

Last edited by jim62; 09/24/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.