Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by stumpy
. Once my decision to kill is made, I don't expect any other result.

stumpy

I like that.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the episode of Bucks of Tecomate with Navy Seal Marcus Lutrell as the guest, he clearly shoots his deer with a model 700 with turrets on the scope, but when they show him with the kill, he's holding a Sako, no turrets. Sako sponsors the show of course.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I was rewatching Truth 17 and caught something that I hadn't noticed before. In a hunt where Brad Ferris' daughter, Morgan, was the shooter, it appears that she never opened the rear Butler Creek lens cap on her scope. The front lens cap is open, but the rear lens cap was closed before and after the shot. Am I seeing this correctly?

Jeff
It could be either or, either she was doing a reenactment shot or she had a Butler Creek blizzard cap on the eyepiece which has a yellow plastic lens in it.Or she could have done a reenactment shot with that Butler Creek blizzard cap as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Reloder28

On the other hand, I saw an episode where Larry Weishun missed an admirable So. Tex Monarch 5-7 times in the course of about 20 minutes with his Encore handgun as the buck would leave and then return. At camp he discovered his rear scope base screws were loose.

I can't stand that frickin guy.

I hunted two seasons with Larry's brother. He shared your same sentiment.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Big C
On the episode of Bucks of Tecomate with Navy Seal Marcus Lutrell as the guest, he clearly shoots his deer with a model 700 with turrets on the scope, but when they show him with the kill, he's holding a Sako, no turrets. Sako sponsors the show of course.

Now that's one guy I can't stomach !!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by pondjumpr

Tha's what the Redhead outdoor show tries to keep from happening. Two cameras, no re-enactments, "real Hunting." It's not the best show out there but at least they try to keep it real.

I like the Drury videos. They at least seem real. When they blood trail, the camera man is BEHIND the hunter. I could deal without all the fist pumping and jumping around in the stand though. A fist pump is alright I guess, if I shot a 160, I'd probably do something. I don't know but I hope to find out.

+1 on the Drury's. the first five years or so on The Truth series were pretty good as well. Too much emphasis on the camera angle etc. and not enough of "the way it was". See previous "Pet Peeves" from about a couple weeks ago here on the fire for more of this.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I agree. Some of the new Drury stuff is about the TV show more than hunting now. I got Madness 13 but haven't opened yet come to think of it... I'll have to do that this week.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 63 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.