Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have to be able to read.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
missed a line, sorry your highness......stress on the high.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swampman700
.30-06, .45-70, .30-30, .30-40 Krag, .303,

Only one of those is available in a M700 grin

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Swampy`s posts are fun to read and I enjoy rebutting him. Keeps the forum from getting too boring.

Be careful what you ask for. Take a look over at accuratereloading's political forum right now to see what happens when you let the trolling get out of hand, they've got a meltdown going on right now. I'm not for heavyhanded moderation but a fine line has to be struck somewhere or these clowns will run off the regular posters who get tired of the BS. It's an internet forum, it's not like it costs people money if they don't participate here. Make the experience miserable and people will pick up and find another place to spend their leisure time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
50% of the folks that post here are trolls. That's the point. You guys run everyone off except your little clic.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
50% of the folks that post here are trolls. That's the point. You guys run everyone off except your little clic.

Really?? Look at your post especially the last few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Swampy I have no intention of beatin you up..but this "clic" as you call it is comprised of some very knowledgable people and if you post something stupid or don't do your homework on a subject you're gonna get schit whether you like it or not!!....FLEM

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mostly I see things repeated because that's what the latest gun rag said.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
All you repeat is 700/06, there is other stuff.......................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

no "clic" is not correct. its clique.

an exclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity. A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. ...

Who wants to run you off, your posts are kind of like one of the three stooges fell on his head and decided he was a big game hunter!

just put me down as another troll that posts here...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I partially agree but I can usually go one on one and tell whether a guy is talking out of experience or a "gun rag"...Gun rags aren't the holy grail but they will keep you up to snuff..the bigger question is do you believe everything you read ?..I surely don't..This old dude didn't fall off a turnip truck but I base my assumptions of an unfamilar topic with the experiences of many guys on the "Fire"...you can save yourself alot of time and trouble if you just listen!!! grin...FLEM

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
[Be careful what you ask for. Take a look over at accuratereloading's political forum right now to see what happens when you let the trolling get out of hand, they've got a meltdown going on right now

CH: What's going on over there? I've been a long time member but years ago I made myself a promise NEVER to return to that specific forum. thanks, jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
CH: What's going on over there? I've been a long time member but years ago I made myself a promise NEVER to return to that specific forum. thanks, jorge

Jorge,

There's a guy who's been trolling over there for a while who goes by DaMan. Typical left wing troll, everything's Bush's fault, etc. etc. Think of the old troll, BBBruce, multiplied by about 5. He's got so bad that he basically injects himself into every thread and just makes a general a$$ of himself, it's almost pointless to try and even discuss anything because he's going to interject and ruin the thread. He dragged the whole forum down and created so much chaos that the old moderator Don quit after a bunch of mudslinging where DaMan was posting personal information about forum members and making personal threats against them. Saeed appointed a new moderator, Walter, who is a german guy who works for him in Dubai. Walter seems to pretty much hate Americans and has gotten into it with several forum members resulting in them being banned. Other forum members have gotten disgusted with it and called them on it resulting in even more guys being banned. It all has seemed to come to a head in the last few days.

This is a general synopsis and might not be entirely accurate as I haven't followed it really closely. I've just dropped in a couple of times and read some of the posts trying to get a picture of how it unfolded. I haven't posted there in a while as it's just became a mudslinging free for all with a bunch of "my dad can beat up your dad" and "Bush sucks" junk going on, not a place where any kind of intelligent conversation can be had.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gave up on AR years ago...

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
[Be careful what you ask for. Take a look over at accuratereloading's political forum right now to see what happens when you let the trolling get out of hand, they've got a meltdown going on right now

after you could not talk about shooing cats on the small game forum then you found out that one of the admins was a "poofster". I don't go there anymore.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by wareagle
I try not to ask for much, but for christmas this year all I want is for everyone here to please ignore that meat stick.
Maybe then he'll find somewhere else to troll
Thanks

If everyone would ignore him, he'll get tired of talking to himself & go away. Responding to his post is like pouring gas on a fire.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like General Hospital or, As The World Turns.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, DaMan is the butthole I had a run it with years ago. Walter is actually Chilean (of German descent) and you are spot on about his anti-American rants. LOTS of good and knowledgeable hunters and PHs, I mean good guys have left over the years and not just because of the Political Forum either. I still play over there because it is a great place for African hunting and double rifles, travel, etc. Thanks for the update. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for your support!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No, thanks for your inbred stupidity and proud ignorance Swampman, you really know how to make a man of average intelligence feel like a genius.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1234, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,506
Posts18,530,276
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.