Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just got off the phone with an outfitter I have used twice before in NW Sask. He has the last week of the season open at this time which is the week right after Thanksgiving. Its a small family operation Father and son. They have about 7 thousand acres to hunt , it is their family ranch. They only take 3 hunters per week but can handle four if need be. You stay right on the ranch and its no more that a 10 minute ride to the stand in the morning . The food is good , acoomadations are as well and the people are just as friendly as can be .I have taken a 153" 8 pt and a 176 in 10 pt here in the last 4 years. Last year while I was there a guy took a high 130 class buck that had a 6 inch droptine. They are a Cabelas outfitter and all bookings will be done through them I am looking for 2 or three guys to go with me so we can share the camp for the last week of the season. Fly to Edmonton and overnight. We'll rent a truck and drive to camp ( about 3 hours) so we can share the cost of the rental and rooms if you want. Please don't respond if you're one of those guys that has to consume massive amounts of alchohol while in deer camp.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I Kill Things......deal with it..
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wildone
Please don't respond if you're one of those guys that has to consume massive amounts of alchohol while in deer camp.

Dammit! I'm out!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thins the herd considerably.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey don't get me wrong I like a drink here and there just as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna babysit some drunk who doesn't know when enough is enough thats all I'm saying. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's the cost??

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow that looks like fun. I appreciate you having the balls to say that! Sadly I'm strapped.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
4195 is what Cabelas has on their site 300 for license a room on the way in/out and the rental car split by however many are in it and 2 tanks of gas. May be he can do better this late in the year if we get the guys , I don't know . If I get some guys that want to go I'll ask the question if he says no then 4195 or not.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

wildone:

I think maybe I'll spend $34 to buy a deer license here in Colorado. I probably won't get a whitetail buck as big as those in your photos. But I'll be able go on 123 hunts for the price of one of those hunts.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KC

wildone:

I think maybe I'll spend $34 to buy a deer license here in Colorado. I probably won't get a whitetail buck as big as those in your photos. But I'll be able go on 123 hunts for the price of one of those hunts.

KC

...or you could do both.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a fantastic trip. I hope you find some good pards to share it with.

I'd chance it and go if I wasn't convinced my stuff would be in the yard when I returned. wink

JM

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by KC

wildone:

KC

You plan on living another 123 years to see that plan into fruition? Dont hurt to live a little!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by rosco1
You plan on living another 123 years to see that plan into fruition? Dont hurt to live a little!

rosco1:

You've got a good point there. I've hunted in Alaska several times and, including the bush plane, it costs about $3,000 per trip. I've never hunted in Canada because nonresident aliens have to hire a guide/outfitter and I would rather DIY because it's more challenging and more rewarding for me.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
hey I hear ya I'm a DIY'er too but I can't access that kind of hunting up there with out ponying up some sort of coin so I do what I have to do .

KC I baught a lifetime hunting license here at home 23 years ago and at the time I baught it it would have paid itself off by the time I was 33 if the price didn't change . Well the prices have doubled since I got the lifetime and My tags get sent right to the house so in essence to hunt here I'm in the plus column as far as tags go . Just can't kill the big boogers here they don't get a chance to get old enough or have the genetics or food available . NY sells about 350,000 big game deer tags every year and most of the pressure is in the southernteer areas because of higher deer numbers and better habitat. We have a lot of a lot of deer here just not to many great ones.

wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just for clarification purposes, someone asked me if I hunted all four years. The answer is no , 2 hunts and 2 deer over a 4 year period. I had drawn some other tags to hunt elsewhere, and 2 years I did not go to Canada to hunt deer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great of you to invite us along, wish I could go. I just shared our local deer camp with a member I met here and it was a great time had by all. Have taken quite a few varmint shooting and a dozen or so to Africa. Lots of good guys and gals here. Good luck on your hunt and in finding a couple of takers.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Would love to give that a go, if you wouldn't mind having an old guy along. Unfortunately that is the same time as the Pa. opener. Get a big one, and don't forget the pics.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting, but too much to hunt deer.. For that price I wouldn't even feel good about getting a 170 class.The way we roll is a tag, public land,gas in the truck and lot's of hard work.The more I spend to hunt the less good I feel about it.

Last edited by highridge1; 10/19/10.

1 and done
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Highridge if I lived by you I would be somewhere just north of Turner thanksgiving week but not this year.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hope this works out for you Dean!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck to you. Some monster whitetails up there. The price sounds comparable to a whitetail hunt with an outfitter here in KS. Life is good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,073
Posts18,521,697
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.