Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the record, Interarms imported both the Red Star (Crvena Zvezda), Kragujevac Mark Xs and Whitworth Mark Xs -- based on the same action but with more highly polished blue, better wood, and smoother actions.

1B

GB1

G
guninfo Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much for the info. I am not totally sure that I am going to sell it. I was just a little curious as for more information on the rifle. It is a bit heavy for me, but I seem to get lucky and have my bucks not too far off the road, which is a very nice for the mysterious Columbian Blacktail. I know someone that is a very good gunsmith (40 years experience) that said it shouldn't be a problem to do all the things I wanted for my rifle, I thought maybe a little more insight to the upgrades would be helpful. I have a hard time just turning over my rifle, that works fine, and getting something back that isn't so fine. But once again thanks for the info. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
My 35+ year old Interarms/Manchester England Mark 10; she's been nothing but accurate, reliable, rugged, and slick! They are well made and sound working rifles.

Good Luck!

Last edited by GaryVA; 10/23/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gary,

Good looking rifle!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this Interarms Mark X was the basis of this custom 7x57 built by Champlin for my father in the 70s....they make a very nice rifle. There is no comparison between the older Interarms imports and the rattly, raspy Zastava labeled recent imports. Oh, and Swampman is an idiot.....but you knew that already.

[Linked Image]

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I ran it here for $225.00 and got no bites. I spent 2 months trying to sell it before I lost my pants on it.

Really? Show us the ad and prove it - then people will quit cally you a liar about this.

By the way, if you sold a Interarms Mark X in good condition for $200 you really are as dumb as many of your posts would indicate.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/23/10.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1B
For the record, Interarms imported both the Red Star (Crvena Zvezda), Kragujevac Mark Xs and Whitworth Mark Xs -- based on the same action but with more highly polished blue, better wood, and smoother actions.

1B

I hope you are not under the impression that the Whitworth Mark x rifles were made in England- because they were not. They were not even stocked or assembled there. The Whitworths rifles sold here in the US also carry no British proof marks.

The "Whitworth" markings are just that- a trade name that Interarms owned at the time. In terms of overall fit and finish ,the later Whitworth marked guns are not even as nicely finished as the top grades of 1970s Mark-x rifles simply Marked "Interarms."

Last edited by jim62; 10/23/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
..There is no comparison between the older Interarms imports and the rattly, raspy Zastava labeled recent imports. Oh, and Swampman is an idiot.....but you knew that already.

If you are talking about the Remington M798's that felt to me like they had sand in the action, you are right on both counts.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's my Interarms Mark X, purchased as a new, unstocked action. It now sports a Timney trigger, Krieger 6.5-06AI 8-twist barrel, Boyd stock, Krieger's Level-1 action truing, with the action bedded to the stock. The scope is a Burris 4.5-14xAO w/ Ballistic Plex reticle. The action itself has a nice deep blue finish and is far smoother than any Remington M798 I've handled.

Among other things, I use it to shoot clay pigeons at 600 yards.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/24/10.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
guninfo......You have a fine rifle. I have had several Mark X's and still own one. Refinishing the stock, if it is needed and done well, won't be detrimental to the worth of your rifle. As a matter of fact touching up the checkering and putting something like a TruOil finish on it should have the opposite effect. Also if you are around 5'8" or shorter in height you might want your g'smith friend to shorten the buttstock to better fit you, while installing a good recoil pad. A basic ladies stock, if there is such, can be probably 3/4" to 1 1/4" shorter than the standard Mark X stock to have a proper fit. The barrel on your rifle is approx 24" if uncut. You might also consider shortening that to 22", maybe even 21". With the shorter stock and barrel your rifle will be a trifle lighter and much better handling mostly because it will fit you better. If you still have money after all this add some Talley Lightweight Rings and whatever 32mm to 40mm scope strikes your fancy and is affordable. With these improvements I believe all notions of exchanging your mauser for something newer but not better will vanish from your mind. It will be a thing of beauty.

As far as the detachable box magazine adoption, I have seen one and it hurt my eyes. Workable, but not graceful in the least. The bottom metal on your mauser is graceful as well as functional, particularly so if it uses the Oberndorf type floorplate release located in the trigger guard. Even if it used the push button release ahead of the trigger guard it's still ahead of the drop box IMHO.

And by the way; for $170 you got a bargain. FWIW

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.